Mika's artwork - second album

CazGirl

Exactly :thumb_yello:

Plus, the drawings on the CDs is why I buy the singles as well, if they just put a pic of his face, I don't know if I'll want to buy them :blink:

I agree, i love the different arts on the singles, they add so much.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, a picture of an artist on an album is very unoriginal and boring. Being creative is something that catches people's eyes. IMO

So you think a photographer cant be creative when he/she makes a pciture of an artist?

if i may say one word, i think big M. would hate the term "Mika-ish" simply for the sake of not being "labelled" as "Mika-ish"...

and if there is ever some artwork in the second album, i think it would be completely different. If there is some...

word said :biggrin2:

lol.isn't being labelled as Mika-ish is being labelled as 'being himself'? :naughty:

i'm notso sure bout the completely diff part,probably it'll still be similar,but probably the colour schemes will be diff(i hope)

So you think a photographer cant be creative when he/she makes a pciture of an artist?

He/she can. But with certain artists. Like, I don't really think it would represent Mika so much if it was put on the cover of the CD booklet. Maybe to put in the pages of it, but hey everyone has different opinions :thumb_yello:

I never said that, i just think artwork is better then putting the artist face on the cd cover.

Photographers can be very original and creative no doubt about that, take for example Annie Leibovitz & Mario Testino (who i simply adore), they are amazing in what they do. :thumb_yello:

He/she can. But with certain artists. Like, I don't really think it would represent Mika so much if it was put on the cover of the CD booklet. Maybe to put in the pages of it, but hey everyone has different opinions :thumb_yello:

I agree with you again...geez i agree with you a lot today :bleh::roftl:

lol.isn't being labelled as Mika-ish is being labelled as 'being himself'? :naughty:

i'm notso sure bout the completely diff part,probably it'll still be similar,but probably the colour schemes will be diff(i hope)

i see what you mean, but his aim would be not being predictable, always doing something new and surprising people, doing what they don't expect from him... not saying he always manages, but that's what he wants... so wether it's still him or not, i think he would try to do something totally different, for people not being able to say "it's mika-ish"...

Mika did say that LICM was his "schoolyard" CD, i think is how he described it. My guess is that this second album will be somewhat different, more grown-up somehow and the artwork should reflect that. Also remembering him saying something about the LICM songs being very demanding/draining/exhausting to perform- ie: the only way to sing them is full throttle, so we might find he is a little more restrained this album. (hope not! :naughty: )

I agree, a picture of an artist on an album is very unoriginal and boring. Being creative is something that catches people's eyes. IMO

I could swear I read somewhere that a pic of him with the album name slapped across it is exactly what he didn't want to do for LICM. So I will honestly be surprised if the new album cover is just that.

I think it will be another original something-something that he and Yasmine create.

I think it will be another original something-something that he and Yasmine create.

I think so as well, i cant think of Mika making an album and putting a picture of himself on the cover. Mika is known for his originality & creativity, so i really hope it will be another beautiful artwork like on LICM.