• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea...

Hmmmmm... quiet time... how about when the Aussies are on? :naughty:

Kidding of course...

Someone else said it, but a blog would be cool...

Damn it! That's where it went!

Well you may have the invisibility cloak, but I have the Marauder's map! Which means I know where everyone is! :naughty:

People seem to be invisible everywhere... I know people can be invisible here (usually me though)... either that or people in Orange are incredibly selfish...

Now that Mika and Jerry own the site, I'm sure they don't need help with donations...

But seeing as I love this place so much, I may still donate...

I'm going to wait and see how the land lies. I like it here, and typically I've been donating £5 a month or something which is not much, but if we all did it...

But now I'm not sure, I mean those guys have way more money than me, so I'll wait and see.

It is undoubtably expensive to run a site like this and over the last year it has been run very well. Personally, I am all in favour of there being a fee, not too expensive so as to put it out of the reach of some people but a fee of some sort. I think it would dramaticaly reduce, if not completely eradicate, people who just sign up, for whatever reason, but are then not active at all.

Over the last year I am sure that the total that I have donated would be more than I would have paid if there had been a set fee, but I spend a lot of time on here and so considered it worth it. I have apreciated what has generally been an excelent service. However, I would be more comfortable with a set fee, that way I would know what I needed to pay, rather than just guessing.

It is undoubtably expensive to run a site like this and over the last year it has been run very well. Personally, I am all in favour of there being a fee, not too expensive so as to put it out of the reach of some people but a fee of some sort. I think it would dramaticaly reduce, if not completely eradicate, people who just sign up, for whatever reason, but are then not active at all.

Over the last year I am sure that the total that I have donated would be more than I would have paid if there had been a set fee, but I spend a lot of time on here and so considered it worth it. I have apreciated what has generally been an excelent service. However, I would be more comfortable with a set fee, that way I would know what I needed to pay, rather than just guessing.

That would be a good reason for a fee. I find it very confusing with all this names on a members list, there so many people signed in and I would say at least half of them have never made one single post. :thumb_yello:

Hey all , hope everyone is ok today :thumb_yello:

Some great comments in here

I hope we can close it all this week and move on , we had two false starts from Jerry last week of defiante "you will have tommorow"

As I said last week .. (not sure if I made it clear enough) .. I will post a time and also date when the official news goes up , I will only do this when the information is 100% seen and available :thumb_yello:

Ill update as /when , but not until I have definate information

<drinks coffee and looks at the heavy snow>

I hope we can close it all this week and move on , we had two false starts from Jerry last week of defiante "you will have tommorow"

As I said last week .. (not sure if I made it clear enough) .. I will post a time and also date when the official news goes up , I will only do this when the information is 100% seen and available :thumb_yello:

Great idea!!! :thumb_yello:

We have no snow left - the gales blew it all away!!! :blink:

Thanks Freddie :thumb_yello:

:shocked: Is it really snowing in the UK? Mother Nature is so strange....

As long as you say the time zone after (eg... UK time/New york time etc) then I'm happy..., that means I'll be able to find out when in aussie time

Looking forward to the announcement,

Snow in UK in April??:shocked:

Thank you Freddie, but if we all are going to log in a certain time to see the news….you think the server can make it through?:wink2:

Exciting anyway, isn’t it?:blink::roftl:

As long as you say the time zone after (eg... UK time/New york time etc) then I'm happy..., that means I'll be able to find out when in aussie time

Yes I was thinking of that and I "think" 10 ish UK time should cover it , watta say ? ...

Snow in UK in April??:shocked:

Thank you Freddie, but if we all are going to log in a certain time to see the news….you think the server can make it through?:wink2:

Exciting anyway, isn’t it?:blink::roftl:

Yeh it can handle it:thumb_yello:

The recent server issues was due to going to the new server , this can handle it .. ohh god a crash is the LAST thing we need:shocked:

the snow was quite bad actually. where i lived, it was already snowing at 6am and didn't finish till about 2:30pm/3:00pm. some of it settled but it rained before hand so it didn't on the roads.

hah - yeah, the snow is only FOUR MONTHS FRIGGIN LATE!!!!

the snow was quite bad actually. where i lived, it was already snowing at 6am and didn't finish till about 2:30pm/3:00pm. some of it settled but it rained before hand so it didn't on the roads.

Well here it's been snowing since November... Choose what you prefer :naughty:

Good! And how are you coping with all the pressure?

I think that not saying anything until there is 100% proof is a much better idea. And certainly more professional. :thumb_yello:

I mean that in a nice way, btw.. There'll be alot less backlash on you and the Mods now.

I agree. Knowing the timezone helps everyone, as us Aussie's are staying up until the wee hours hoping to be online when it's posted..

Yes I was thinking of that and I "think" 10 ish UK time should cover it , watta say ? ...

Yeh it can handle it:thumb_yello:

The recent server issues was due to going to the new server , this can handle it .. ohh god a crash is the LAST thing we need:shocked:

Sounds good. Now is that 10ish AM or 10ish PM? :naughty:

Good to hear we have a reliable server now!! This will test it.

If it crashes we all need to stay calm.. (As if we'll be calm:roftl:)

Tell me about it! Our snow was really pretty heavy and set but today its all gone and really hot!!! Englands weather is sooo unpredictable!

I'm going to wait and see how the land lies. I like it here, and typically I've been donating £5 a month or something which is not much, but if we all did it...

But now I'm not sure, I mean those guys have way more money than me, so I'll wait and see.

Good point...

I can wait and see..

Btw .. thanks people for explaining Jerrys "top end" of this week . was kinda unclear :wink2:

Just a wee bit..

Oooh.. time zone... that's an idea...

If the announcement is 10am UK time, that's about 7pm Oz time... you haven't started daylight saving yet have you?

Good idea....also existing members would need to pay, eradicating the exisiting members who dont post...I think our member post would more than half if we bought in a "if you dont pay within 2 weeks of when you're supposed to then you get banned" kinda thing, because if they dont post they wouldnt exactly notice if they get banned, if you know what I mean...???

If the announcement is 10am UK time, that's about 7pm Oz time... you haven't started daylight saving yet have you?

Our clocks went forward last weekend! Its 13.15pm here just now!!

Don't know how far in front of us you are though!!

Is this 10am UK time tommorow? Thanks x

Its not happening tomorrow - Fred will post the time and date he will

post the announcement once he actually HAS it i his hand - that way we do not

get disappointed again!! :thumb_yello:

Its not happening tomorrow - Fred will post the time and date he will

post the announcement once he actually HAS it i his hand - that way we do not

get disappointed again!! :thumb_yello:

that makes sense! thanks xxx