MFC - Officialness Update

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi fellow MFCers,

We realize that you've all been waiting forever for news about MFC becoming Mika's official fan club.

Like all good things, there was a mountain of paperwork involved, and some to-ing and fro-ing across the Atlantic between Deano and Jerry (Mika's manager). However, the paperwork has been signed and we can indeed confirm that ownership of MikaFanClub.com has changed from Deano to Jerry/Mika. We're one big step closer! :yay:

At this point, we're not sure what this will mean for MFC. We don't know if there will be any perks or changes that come as a result, or if/when they may come. Jerry and his people are finalizing all the details regarding that, and MFCers will be updated as soon as everything is sorted out.

As they say, the waiting is the hardest part. It's clearly no fun to be told that news will come on a specific day only to have the day go by with no news - so we're not going to target specific dates for further information. All we can say is that any extra details may be announced once everything has been sorted out. Unfortunately, until such an announcement is made, we can't really say anything beyond that.

We know a lot of people have been on the edge of their seats waiting to see what this will mean, and it's been a much longer road than we originally thought. Your patience is appreciated.

Go MFC! :punk:

Thanks for the update!:thumb_yello:

Hi fellow MFCers,

We realize that you've all been waiting forever for news about MFC becoming Mika's official fan club.

Like all good things, there was a mountain of paperwork involved, and some to-ing and fro-ing across the Atlantic between Deano and Jerry (Mika's manager). However, the paperwork has been signed and we can indeed confirm that ownership of MikaFanClub.com has changed from Deano to Jerry/Mika. We're one big step closer! :yay:

At this point, we're not sure what this will mean for MFC. We don't know if there will be any perks or changes that come as a result, or if/when they may come. Jerry and his people are finalizing all the details regarding that, and MFCers will be updated as soon as everything is sorted out.

As they say, the waiting is the hardest part. It's clearly no fun to be told that news will come on a specific day only to have the day go by with no news - so we're not going to target specific dates for further information. All we can say is that any extra details may be announced once everything has been sorted out. Unfortunately, until such an announcement is made, we can't really say anything beyond that.

We know a lot of people have been on the edge of their seats waiting to see what this will mean, and it's been a much longer road than we originally thought. Your patience is appreciated.

thx, so much! :thumb_yello:

we are prepared to wait. at least I know that I am. not been official till now, I totally can survive longer without being official and i'll be just as glad when we'll become so! :wink2:

Hi fellow MFCers,

Well done to everyone involved. Thank you for all your hard work!

But basically if the site is now owned by Mika's team, it really means we are ALREADY his official fan club site, whether they post a message saying that or not.

Everyone thinks big things will happen...but....

I don't want to be a wet blanket here, I think the message will just say

Hi guys! Thank you for your patience as we got the technical stuff sorted out here.

We would just like to announce that MFC is now THE official fan club for Mika.

Thanks for all your support and see you in the summer!

Love Mika and the team

And then for about 200 pages people will complain that a short message is all we got.:naughty::naughty: And whinge about the lack of bonuses/benefits/secret gigs/ and that we never get any answer about these things,

and we will all declare this THE GREAT MFC AC (anti-climax.):newyear:

thx, so much! :thumb_yello:

we are prepared to wait. at least I know that I am. not been official till now, I totally can survive longer without being official and i'll be just as glad when we'll become so! :wink2:

So true; been here for over a year without being official. We'll just see what happens...

But basically if the site is now owned by Mika's team, it really means we are ALREADY his official fan club site, whether they post a message saying that or not.

Hi guys! Thank you for your patience as we got the technical stuff sorted out here.

Love Mika and the team

And then for about 200 pages people will complain that a short message is all we got.:naughty::naughty: And whinge about the lack of bonuses/benefits/secret gigs/ and that we never get any answer about these things,

I do have a feeling something like that will happen.. we just need to get ready for whatever happens, we shouldn't expect too much out of it in the message, we'll have to wait I guess til we find out about the perks :fisch:

Huge thanks for the update!

I haven't ben online very much lately but I keep checking in when I can and I kept thinking that I must have missed something!

I'm worried the whole thing has been a little over hyped and when it happens it will be abit of an anti-climax but am excited non the less.

*waits patiently*

Love Mika and the team

I'm afraid that will happen too! That would be...bad:shocked: :naughty:

Thank you for keeping us updated Mana.

I know I wasn't here for the petition or anything but I feel like I'm going through the ups and downs with everyone on this. :mf_rosetinted:

To be honest though - I don't think being Official will affect the way I think about this place. I love posting here and talking to people on here and that won't change even when we do finally get the message we all crave. :wink2:

:wub2:

:wub2: Thank You Mana , for a clear & concise update .... :thumb_yello:

All that we know is 'just that' ..... & yeh, ... there have been many 'great expectations' from all of us ...... :blink:

I for one, am happy with the way MFC has been .... & hope we can all continue in such a way that is pretty much a loving, family group (albeit with a bit of the ol' sibling rivalry, which is natural in any close knit community) ... :wink2::wub2:

I feel grateful that the transition HAS finally made it to 'Team Mika' ..... & am happy to wait ..... & also to even perhaps be 'surprised' ... :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

GO JERRY! GO MIKA! GO FANCLUB!!! :woot_jump::groupwave::woot_jump::groupwave:

Oh my gosh the papers have been signed. This OFFICIALLY belongs to Jerry and Mika now. OMG.

I'm getting excited again :blush-anim-cl:

Thanks for the update! VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! especially now that we have more details about what is actually happening! *they read my posts, i swear LOL*

just knowing we are official is good enough... i don't care how long the message is, what/if there is any perks, quite frankly, it isn't important to me. i think the people involved worked really hard to make it official & that is greatly appreciated ;o) the only time mika owes me anything is when i buy a ticket to his concert.... i expect to be entertained for the time he is on stage. (and does he ever!!) anything else is just a bonus! even if there was a fee for the fanclub, i would not complain, although i do understand that would not be good for alot of others. :wink2:

off topic...did anyone else see that i think back in november, prince/lawyers had sent "cease and desist" letters to quite a few unofficial fan sites.... yet i don't even know if he has an official one.

Love Mika and the team

LOL, I'd laugh and cry at the same time if that happened :roftl:

Thanks for the update! VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! especially now that we have more details about what is actually happening! *they read my posts, i swear LOL*

I think they signed the papers before your funny posts :fisch::thumb_yello:

I don't know what the official message is going to contain but whether it's huge or relatively minor I hope that people won't feel disappointed. I think it's pretty incredible that we have gone from Wendi collecting signatures to Jerry/Mika taking charge in a matter of just a few months.

Whether particular perks and changes come next week or somewhere farther down the line, I would think the change of ownership means that Mika and his management are committed to MFC and I think that's what we were all hoping for when we decided we wanted official recognition. :thumb_yello: