Eurovision...

Hevthehampster

I'm a bit late posting here at this stage :naughty: but I just wanted to say I loved the winning song! I think Dima Bilan gave a really great performance and it was the only song that really impressed me... so I'm delighted Russia won! :D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think we should withdraw the major funding and just fund what everyone else does, take our chance in the semis, and then if we're out, we're out, but at least we haven't spent shedloads of licence payers money on it and at least we're not the complete idiots having the piss taken out of us after contributing a large part of the running costs.

That sounds fair to me.

That way we could still participate and enjoy, but not feel so used.

YES...WE DO!!!!! - i love eurovision....even though its a load of pap, its still great entertainment for a saturday night!!!!

:naughty: i typed that in a rush, i meant that we don't need the political rubbish anymore, not eurovision, although i think something has to change.

Well I think we should withdraw the major funding and just fund what everyone else does, take our chance in the semis, and then if we're out, we're out, but at least we haven't spent shedloads of licence payers money on it and at least we're not the complete idiots having the piss taken out of us after contributing a large part of the running costs.

That sounds fair to me.

That way we could still participate and enjoy, but not feel so used.

That does sound fair.

Last year i didn't really care that we didn't do well - to be honest, the song was a bit silly, but this year we definately deserved to do better than come last so it angered me.

But in all fairness, somebody has to come last, and Germany were at the bottom with us, so... its a toughie really.

hey! sorry for OT :naughty:

one of our users needs help! it's just one klick (or maby 2 :naughty:) and you will help to bring the smile to childs face! :D c'mon I belive in ya! MFC-ers got to stick together! for more info go here http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15015

thank you :biggrin2:

AnnaMariaPetra don't know nothing about my spamming threads action so if it's wrong etc please put all the consequences on me only. thx

:naughty: i typed that in a rush, i meant that we don't need the political rubbish anymore, not eurovision, although i think something has to change.

That does sound fair.

Last year i didn't really care that we didn't do well - to be honest, the song was a bit silly, but this year we definately deserved to do better than come last so it angered me.

But in all fairness, somebody has to come last, and Germany were at the bottom with us, so... its a toughie really.

And they fund a large portion too.

I know...I just thought of that before! "Hjeeelooou! Where are u from?" "From Estonia of course! :biggrin2:"

And there was no Tantastic or Nicole anymore......:naughty:

I would say that I'm from Russia, just deaf and mute....:naughty: We can wear a sing. Or you can put that bag under your coat again and no one will dare to come close! :roftl:

mõ v rassijuuuuu kaneššnja :) (I'm sure I have 1000 mistakes in that sentence XDXDXD what a true Russian *feels proud*)

bag is a good idea :thumb_yello:

hey, but I have a question for all those Eurovision freaks :naughty:

Russia came third last year, so why the hell did Dima have to go through the semifinals then? O_O O_O O_O XD

mõ v rassijuuuuu kaneššnja :) (I'm sure I have 1000 mistakes in that sentence XDXDXD what a true Russian *feels proud*)

Russia came third last year, so why the hell did Dima have to go through the semifinals then? O_O O_O O_O XD

Didn't all the countries have to go through the semifinals this year, except the UK and France and whoever, and that's why there was two? maybe? I dunno really... :bleh:

From what I know, France, Germany, Spain, Uk and the country where Eurovision its gonna get place dont have to pass the semifinals cause they're the oldest countries in the contest.

Terry Wogan's abandoning Eurovision! :tears:

No fair, he's great at talking over boring songs that last for hours :naughty:

Russia was kinda good, so it's not too bad they won. I would have liked the 16 year old to have won though... I can't remember the country... :blink:

But I voted for her. :naughty:

And San Marino likes us! Yay! :naughty:

ohhhh I knew that there were 4 countries that will always have a place in the finals, but didn't know every other country had to go through the semis.. :P I think it's stupid :blink:

I agree. I think countries with not many political voters should get automatically in, just to spread out the competition a bit.

Then Dustin would of got in...

From what I know, France, Germany, Spain, Uk and the country where Eurovision its gonna get place dont have to pass the semifinals cause they're the oldest countries in the contest.

ohhhh I knew that there were 4 countries that will always have a place in the finals, but didn't know every other country had to go through the semis.. :P I think it's stupid :blink:

It's not because they are the oldest in the contest, it's because they pay for most of it.

And I don't agree with it. I think we should cut the funding and take our chances in the semis. That means we don't waste our money on a "contest" that doesn't want us there and other countries can pay their fair share.

I agree. I think countries with not many political voters should get automatically in, just to spread out the competition a bit.

that's not exactly what I had in mind :naughty:

I think that they still should only have one semi-final :blink:

but you have an interesting thought... :P

It's not because they are the oldest in the contest, it's because they pay for most of it.

yes I knew that :bleh:

but still.. they should give those countries a place too for those countries, that got a high place in the competition..

that's not exactly what I had in mind :naughty:

I think that they still should only have one semi-final :blink:

but you have an interesting thought... :P

I know! Two is just too many, and I wanted to vote in the first, not the second, so that annoyed me too. :naughty:

Mostly because I wanted Andorra to win, and they didn't even make the finals :thumbdown:

And I don't agree with it. I think we should cut the funding and take our chances in the semis. That means we don't waste our money on a "contest" that doesn't want us there and other countries can pay their fair share.

I read that if they didn't pay for it a lot of countries couldn't afford to compete. I really wonder why we still do it :boxed:

*nods* :tears:

Apparantly Ireland only came 15/19 on the semi final night :shocked:

:shocked:

But it was hilarious! :shocked:

My mum tried to vote for Spain. I hid the phone and voted for Albana. :naughty:

I know, it's ridicularse! :thumbdown:

I forgive Europe a little bit for letting Dima Bilan win though :bleh:

Haha nice one! :naughty:

Really??? I didnt know that, and never think that was the reason cause in Spain we dont have lots of money!!

Im with you!! We should cut the founding!!!

I know, it's ridicularse! :thumbdown:

I forgive Europe a little bit for letting Dima Bilan win though :bleh:

Haha nice one! :naughty:

Yeah. That wasn't too bad :naughty:

Yeah...I thought she was really good, I'm kinda annoyed she didn't get many points :thumbdown:

But then again, she got more than us :naughty:

i hear dof bucksfizz winning, even though i wasnt alive - it was on Top of the pops 2 and my mum said, they won the eurovision for england.....and i was like 'really??? hmm, quite catchy, however, if mika entered eurovision with grace kelly he would win for sure!' she was like 'yes he probably could actually with grace kelly, i mean hes sold over 5.5million albums worldwide'

and i was like 'haha, you admitted it!'

I'd actually love to see Mika HOSTING Eurovision. I actually think that, even though no one else should bother entering if he had a song in it, coz he'd win for sure, I think Mika is too good to actually enter it.

But imagine if he was hosting it, how great would that be, the whole world listening to him speaking French, and anything else he knows by now, because he seems to be getting to know phrases in a lot of European languages. So I think Mika sould host Eurovision.

I'd actually love to see Mika HOSTING Eurovision. I actually think that, even though no one else should bother entering if he had a song in it, coz he'd win for sure, I think Mika is too good to actually enter it.

But imagine if he was hosting it, how great would that be, the whole world listening to him speaking French, and anything else he knows by now, because he seems to be getting to know phrases in a lot of European languages. So I think Mika sould host Eurovision.

That would be GREAT!

And we could get him to write England's song! :naughty:

*nods* :tears:

Apparantly Ireland only came 15/19 on the semi final night :shocked:

I don't get this... Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather see some guy with a beautiful voice win, than some paranoid turkey-doll.. "Funny", well whatever you call funny... To me this contest is about the music, the voice, the song, the beautiful act...

People keep on complaining that the contest isn't about good songs anymore. That it's all just a show. But then everyone says they wanted that turkey to win, or latvia or that they liked spain??? Come on!

I agree with babs about the funding. Now to be honest... Last year's entry from the uk was terrible... And this year's entry just wasn't that interesting... I'm not saying it should have been last though... Some entries were worse.