Eurovision...

Hevthehampster

I don't get this... Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather see some guy with a beautiful voice win, than some paranoid turkey-doll.. "Funny", well whatever you call funny... To me this contest is about the music, the voice, the song, the beautiful act...

People keep on complaining that the contest isn't about good songs anymore. That it's all just a show. But then everyone says they wanted that turkey to win, or latvia or that they liked spain??? Come on!

I agree with babs about the funding. Now to be honest... Last year's entry from the uk was terrible... And this year's entry just wasn't that interesting... I'm not saying it should have been last though... Some entries were worse.

Tbh I totally agree with you, more songs like this years' winner I say! But I just wanted to see my country do well you know? as we've gotten nowhere for the last few years and I did grow up with Dustin so I can't help defend his honour :naughty:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh I totally agree with you, more songs like this years' winner I say! But I just wanted to see my country do well you know? as we've gotten nowhere for the last few years and I did grow up with Dustin so I can't help defend his honour :naughty:

Was Dustin already famous then? :naughty:

Was Dustin already famous then? :naughty:

Yeah he's a huge tv personality in Ireland! He's been around for as long as I can remember! and he's released albums and recorded songs with Bob Geldof, Joe Dolan, loads of people! He's was also a builder :mf_rosetinted::naughty: and he's still only 10 after all these years :roftl:

Yeah he's a huge tv personality in Ireland! He's been around for as long as I can remember! and he's released albums and recorded songs with Bob Geldof, Joe Dolan, loads of people! He's was also a builder :mf_rosetinted::naughty: and he's still only 10 after all these years :roftl:

Ah, if only I lived in pretendy puppet land!

Normally I do not like the Eurovision Song Contest but this year, I wouldn't have missed it for any reason because France was represented by "our" Sébastien Tellier ! :mf_lustslow:I just discovered him some two months ago but I must confess I am completely "stuck in the middle" with him ! I think I'm about to love and admire him as much as I love and admire Mika ! I didn't give a damn about the other singers, even though Spain and Latvia were funny (I like Latvia as a country anyway !) ! But, Sébastien ! SEBASTIEN !!!!! His song "Divine" is so damn addictive ! His show was so brilliant with the background singers disguised to look like him and the helium swallowing and his kneeling on the stage at the end of the song to sing some words in French ! I was totally appalled that he should have been the 19th only ! That Russian guy... what he has done sounds so much like what we can hear every year ! At least Sebastien Tellier's performance was so... so different ! It's not because he is French but I am really disappointed his performance was not more successful, considering the way the audience reacted to his act !! Eurovision is too old-fashioned for French Touch !:boxed:

Normally I do not like the Eurovision Song Contest but this year, I wouldn't have missed it for any reason because France was represented by "our" Sébastien Tellier ! :mf_lustslow:I just discovered him some two months ago but I must confess I am completely "stuck in the middle" with him ! I think I'm about to love and admire him as much as I love and admire Mika ! I didn't give a damn about the other singers, even though Spain and Latvia were funny (I like Latvia as a country anyway !) ! But, Sébastien ! SEBASTIEN !!!!! His song "Divine" is so damn addictive ! His show was so brilliant with the background singers disguised to look like him and the helium swallowing and his kneeling on the stage at the end of the song to sing some words in French ! I was totally appalled that he should have been the 19th only ! That Russian guy... what he has done sounds so much like what we can hear every year ! At least Sebastien Tellier's performance was so... so different ! It's not because he is French but I am really disappointed his performance was not more successful, considering the way the audience reacted to his act !! Eurovision is too old-fashioned for French Touch !:boxed:

The French song was way too good for Eurovision :boxed: I knew it would end up in the bottom, so I'm not even disappointed with the result. I'm just very happy that it was entered in Eurovision anyway cause otherwise I might never have heard it and what a shame that would have been - one of the best songs I have ever heard and certainly one of the most memorable performances in eurovision history :mf_rosetinted:

I really liked the French song too :wink2: and I also loved Les Fatals Picards the year before, ye are being robbed! :shocked::thumbdown:

I am with you on that... 20-30years ago the French guy would have won it by miles ... and would have deserved it...

I was tempted to say that he would have won it if only Western Europe was voting (though I haven't checked how countries were voting - I only watched the performances and went to sleep), but it is the ethnic minorities, and in WE the migrants whose votes you can see reflected in the results..:thumbdown:

Honestly, I don't think the Eurovision song contest means anything anymore and because there are still some 'special rules', like the 6 countries who founded it, have the automatic right to participate, I think they should also try to change the rules (e.g I think in the old days there was a jury of musicians in each country who voted). It would definitely increase the prestige of this competition and therefore, the quality of the entries, too.

... and let me write down my favourites:

France:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Denmark :thumb_yello: (+yummy)

Croatia:thumb_yello:

+ Armenia and Serbia were OK, too :wink2:

- the rest was nothing special or appalling. :cool:

I'm suprised that song didn't get more votes as well. I loved it and loved the style of it... All I can think of is idd blockvoting.. Have no other explanation cause to me the song was top five:blink:

Well I think we should withdraw the major funding and just fund what everyone else does, take our chance in the semis, and then if we're out, we're out, but at least we haven't spent shedloads of licence payers money on it and at least we're not the complete idiots having the piss taken out of us after contributing a large part of the running costs.

That sounds fair to me.

That way we could still participate and enjoy, but not feel so used.

I totally agree!

I love Eurovision and have cheerfully put up with the annual humiliation of the UK entry and its final placing for some time now....but this year I am with Wogan, it has gone beyond a joke!

It's ridiculous that the UK puts in all that money only to be ignored.

It feels as if we are at a party for which we have stumped up a fair whack of money for booze or food or whatever...and have then been left standing in the corner on our own all evening, completely ignored or even slightly sneered at (who knows). Why should we continue to put up with that??

Personally I think we should not even bother with the semis..just pull out altogether. HOWEVER, I hope if we did this, BBC3 or something would still show the competition, so the likes of me can still enjoy it without the inevitable feeling of alienation and having been used at the end.

:thumbdown:

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
:woot_jump:

Anyone else following the national finals? :blink:

I wuw the Norwegian song :wub2::wub2:

Aha, I found the thread again :naughty: I agree, the guy has talent. I'm not really up to date yet, but sure am going to watch the semi finals :fisch:

The 'dum tek tek' tune (Turkey) is stuck in my head atm... Not surprised, they play it constantly over here.:aah:

Aha, I found the thread again :naughty: I agree, the guy has talent. I'm not really up to date yet, but sure am going to watch the semi finals :fisch:

The 'dum tek tek' tune (Turkey) is stuck in my head atm... Not surprised, they play it constantly over here.:aah:

aww sorry:naughty:

Well she's kinda Belgian isn't she? :aah:

Shall we make a new thread for the 2009 Eurovision Songcontest?

Hmm, I don't know, do you think we'll need one? I don't mind bumping this one:aah:

aww sorry:naughty:

No, actually I'm okay with it, ofcourse, I'm familiar with her music. She's some big celeb over here :naughty: Do you like it? :fisch:

Kinda yeah :aah: Well, I'm sure she'll do way better than our entry... I don't even know how our entry sounds to be perfectly honest...:blush-anim-cl: I know it's some elvis imitation.. or something like that....

People are going to be pissed over here if Hadise wins for Turkey though :aah:

Kinda yeah :aah: Well, I'm sure she'll do way better than our entry... I don't even know how our entry sounds to be perfectly honest...:blush-anim-cl: I know it's some elvis imitation.. or something like that....

People are going to be pissed over here if Hadise wins for Turkey though :aah:

Buahaha haven't you heard Elvis the Copycat? :lmfao: Don't bother, it's so bad it's not even funny :aah: Well we've sent a rejected Boyzone song and sadly it wasn't the one Mika wrote for them :sneaky2:

No, actually I'm okay with it, ofcourse, I'm familiar with her music. She's some big celeb over here :naughty: Do you like it? :fisch:

lol tell me about it:aah:

she's like French's Mika in here:roftl:

well i like her non eurovision songs better but not a fan.:naughty:

She is as Belgian as Mika is British!:sneaky2:

so yes, she's pretty Belgian:blink:

and she has that annoyingly adorable Turkish accent:fangurl:

twat:mf_rosetinted:

She is as Belgian as Mika is British!:sneaky2:

so yes, she's pretty Belgian:blink:

and she has that annoyingly adorable Turkish accent:fangurl:

twat:mf_rosetinted: