LICM is currently no.1 on Top albums of all time list!

paula.pop

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love a lot of cd in the list but that's true LICM is so different, eleven universe in one only album that's just impressing !!!!!!! :thumb_yello:

LICM is a masterpiece. Every song is different, and there are no duds, or album-fillers, on there. It deserves to win best album of all time, and Mika deserves the acolade!

LICM is a masterpiece. Every song is different, and there are no duds, or album-fillers, on there. It deserves to win best album of all time, and Mika deserves the acolade!

Sorry, but I'm with babspanky on this. LICM may be my favourite album atm, but but there are tracks which I don't play, and I think the structure of the album is wrong. I might put it in my top ten, but there some true masterpieces out there.

The best album of all times????:shocked::shocked:Come on! Like Babs and Silver said, it's nonesense!! I mean, LICM is a great album and I'm so addicted to it, but I find it so wrong to put it before real masters like Beatles, Stones, Queen, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Bowie... Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but are we losing our minds here?

The best album of all times????:shocked::shocked:Come on! Like Babs and Silver said, it's nonesense!! I mean, LICM is a great album and I'm so addicted to it, but I find it so wrong to put it before real masters like Beatles, Stones, Queen, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Bowie... Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but are we losing our minds here?

not really a fan of any of those, so yeah I'd put LiCM on the top! I'm not kidding...I guess it just depends on personal taste! :)

not really a fan of any of those, so yeah I'd put LiCM on the top! I'm not kidding...I guess it just depends on personal taste! :)

Yes, I suppose the older you are, the more albums you know that you can choose from. :old: (though not that many albums surviving from the last Ice Age):naughty:

aw, why do people think that just because some music is older than others that its better?

I say Mika is on a par with a lot of them, and no I don't think its crazy because about 50 years from now is that only when its acceptable for it to be "the best album".

time doesn't make things better in my opinion, LICM is a classic already in my eyes.

aw, why do people think that just because some music is older than others that its better?

I say Mika is on a par with a lot of them, and no I don't think its crazy because about 50 years from now is that only when its acceptable for it to be "the best album".

time doesn't make things better in my opinion, LICM is a classic already in my eyes.

I'm not saying they're better because they're older, but IMO, though LICM is the best album I've heard in recent years by far, it's a bit soon to state such a strong statement, if yoou see what I mean. Those lists (off topic, I'd like to say I never liked to list albums, films or anything at all) are usually based on how influent an album has been, and LICM hasn't had time to influence that many artists yet. Oh! I don't know if I'm making any sense here! Sorry, I can't express myself in English today:blush-anim-cl:

I'm not saying they're better because they're older, but IMO, though LICM is the best album I've heard in recent years by far, it's a bit soon to state such a strong statement, if yoou see what I mean. Those lists (off topic, I'd like to say I never liked to list albums, films or anything at all) are usually based on how influent an album has been, and LICM hasn't had time to influence that many artists yet. Oh! I don't know if I'm making any sense here! Sorry, I can't express myself in English today:blush-anim-cl:

I understand what you mean! Explained perfectly! :thumb_yello:

I understand perfectly:thumb_yello:

and yeah I'm the same about lists, I actually can't understand how people can pick favourites of anything at all.:naughty: Its too hard when you've so much choice.

but yeah, I know what you mean.:)

I'm not saying older is better either (except when it applies to us Oldings:naughty:)

Whenever these sorts of lists are done, contemporary albums always score highly. Then when the same exercise is repeated say 5 years later, some albums will have retained their place and others will have dropped down the list.

I think LICM is certainly the most interesting album in the charts, as I said it is definitely my favourite at the moment (well for the last year) but I would still hesitate to describe it as a classic. I also confidently expect the second album to be better:thumb_yello:

I'm not saying older is better either (except when it applies to us Oldings:naughty:)

Whenever these sorts of lists are done, contemporary albums always score highly. Then when the same exercise is repeated say 5 years later, some albums will have retained their place and others will have dropped down the list.

I think LICM is certainly the most interesting album in the charts, as I said it is definitely my favourite at the moment (well for the last year) but I would still hesitate to describe it as a classic. I also confidently expect the second album to be better:thumb_yello:

yeah, I understand what your saying, but I think the list itself is a bit of a mystery to me anyway. Afterall it is based purely on opinions and a lot of people have different tastes in music so its a bit hard to lump all genres together..

and my opinion of LICM is WOW:bleh: :naughty:

I understand perfectly:thumb_yello:

and yeah I'm the same about lists, I actually can't understand how people can pick favourites of anything at all.:naughty: Its too hard when you've so much choice.

but yeah, I know what you mean.:)

Yep, it's silly and pointless IMO.

Right! You put words to my thoughts, thanks, that's some of what I wanted to say.:thumb_yello:

:harp: I'm happy for Mister M!

hey...but LICM is a classic! (at least for me...I have been singing LICM in my car for more than a year now :naughty: and I still sing out of tune, incredible! :roftl:)

*the last time we talked Mr Smith you reduced me to tears, I promised you it won't happen again* ins't this a classic, I say :mf_rosetinted:

I totally agree with you & In my opinion it is one of THE best albums of all time & there are loads & loads of albums I listen to some very old some more recent he is definately a fantastic singer/songwriter/performer & Licm deserves to be at the top of the poll good on ya Mika you deserve the success

there is not one song on that album that is crummy they're all fantastic in my opinion, most albums (even by my absolute favourite artists) have one or two slightly naff songs on them but Mika's entire album is fantastic & that's just my personal opinion some of you may agree with me & others may disagree but that's ok we're all entitled to our own opinions right!!

I put LICM second in my Top 5 but I agree, it's a bit hard to believe it's at the top of this list..even though it's great.

These list things are always so subjective by nature and nobody is going to agree with everything in them. It's impossible to say "X is the best album of all time", everyone's tastes are different.

But..OK Computer IS the best album of all time :roftl: Anyone wants to take that up with me I will fight them to the death :boxing::raygun::starwars: