The Ting Tings

MikaMeka

WOW:shocked: ok so i just downloaded my first Ting Tings song like 5 minutes ago and i loved it. The Ting Tings are amazing :punk: The song is called Great DJ and it is FREE on iTunes this week. If you love Alternative music you will love the this song. I also downloaded a new song by Santogold called L.E.S. Artistes and my oh my is it amazing:thumb_yello: There isn't very much good music out there anymore [except by our Mika of course] so when i do come across something amazing i am just dying to share so i hope you all enjoy these as much as i do :naughty: ROCK ON:punk:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!

I also love the Ting Tings.

Great DJ is a good song- but check out Fruit Machine and That's Not My Name- which are even better.

I really, really want to see them play live now..:D

YA:thumb_yello: Me too i'll check out those songs for sure:naughty: thinks for the posts guys:wink2:

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded that free itunes song as well, and I think it's really catchy! I listened to some other songs of theirs and they're great too. I'm more than a bit upset, however, that they're playing somewhere awesome, but I won't be there at that time so I can't go. :bleh:

AND they apparently played at SXSW in March but I didn't know about them then. I detect a pattern here. :sneaky2: (The same thing happened to me with Mika last year. :roftl:)

Their song "That's not my name" is too addictive, i can't stop humming it LOL.

"that's not my name" is my favourite song of the ting tings. "we stared nothing" is a really good album

They're coming to Toronto at the Mod Club (the venue where I saw Mika for the very first time :wub2:). I'm really considering going. Maybe he'll be there too. :ap_rosetinted:

They're coming to Toronto at the Mod Club (the venue where I saw Mika for the very first time :wub2:). I'm really considering going. Maybe he'll be there too. :ap_rosetinted:

Oh you should definitely go, they are AWESOME!

I really want to see them live, I was hoping they would be supporting Mika in Amsterdam, but hopefully when he does the UK again he'll have them supporting him then.

In the meantime I'll have to keep my eyes open for any shows they're doing.

Oh you should definitely go, they are AWESOME!

I really want to see them live, I was hoping they would be supporting Mika in Amsterdam, but hopefully when he does the UK again he'll have them supporting him then.

In the meantime I'll have to keep my eyes open for any shows they're doing.

It's just that I've been to so many concerts already this year. Which is not a bad thing, but my $$ running out. :naughty: Christine tempted me into watching Adele in a few weeks. I've just watched Yelle, Creature, The Midway State, and The Cure in the last month!

LUCKY YOU SUZY!!

I cannot afford time or money to go to concerts much in Tokyo. Tickets here are about 4 times as costly as anywhere else!!

And anyway, I am saving for the Mika Road trip of Japan!!:ap_rosetinted:

And maybe Oz:mf_rosetinted:

It's just that I've been to so many concerts already this year. Which is not a bad thing, but my $$ running out. :naughty: Christine tempted me into watching Adele in a few weeks. I've just watched Yelle, Creature, The Midway State, and The Cure in the last month!

Blimey Suzy , you've been busy.LOL!

I'm hopefully going to see KT Tunstall and Sam Sparro next month, just have to get a ticket.

LUCKY YOU SUZY!!

I cannot afford time or money to go to concerts much in Tokyo. Tickets here are about 4 times as costly as anywhere else!!

And anyway, I am saving for the Mika Road trip of Japan!!:ap_rosetinted:

And maybe Oz:mf_rosetinted:

4 times! Yikes. :shocked:

I suppose I really shouldn't complain. It was just The Cure that cost almost $100. The Ting Tings are only $13. Midway State was free.

Creature cost under $20 (thanks zoots) and Yelle was $20 (but we were on the guest list, so it was free too).

The Ting Tings have a song called "Fruit Machine" :ap_rosetinted:

Some of the lyrics include the word "Kerching". Hmmm...

Maybe that's why Mikas obssessed with them,LOL!

4 times! Yikes. :shocked:

I suppose I really shouldn't complain. It was just The Cure that cost almost $100. The Ting Tings are only $13. Midway State was free.

Creature cost under $20 (thanks zoots) and Yelle was $20 (but we were on the guest list, so it was free too).

Let me revise that!

Mika in a little club cost me 12,000 yen (over $120) because I had to pay half of that to be a member...only members could buy the tickets for the gig, and Elton John cost me the same in a stadium, regular ticket price, no membership necessary. A regular ticket (like for upcoming Avril) usually goes for about $60 - $80. I cannot believe you can see ANYthing for $13!!

ok...so few days ago Joana introduced me to The Ting Tings song- "That's not my name" and I think it is awesome!! especially part

"They call me 'quiet girl'

But i'm a riot

Mary, Jo, Liza

Always the same " I find it very funny LOL

but this is the only their song I like... sorry

A regular ticket (like for upcoming Avril) usually goes for about $60 - $80. I cannot believe you can see ANYthing for $13!!

Tickets for big concerts like Avril are outrageous here too. The Police were $225 plus service charges.

I always prefer small shows. I don't mind laying out the cash (I don't spend money on anything else really, I don't even have cable TV), but the cheap shows are always better!! Midway State was more entertaining than the Cure just because of the venue.

I've seen Lily Allen, Paolo Nutini, Patrick Wolf, Mika, Yelle, Kate Nash and soon Adele for $20 or less. All of these gigs were far, far better than any of the expensive concerts I've been to which are between $80-$250. The only shows over $20 that I've really enjoyed were Mika at the Kool Haus and Joss Stone, both in the $50 range.