The Ting Tings

MikaMeka

I have a black t-shirt to wear to the concert with red iron-on letters that read:

"Are You Calling Me Bird?" :naughty:

I'd take a picture and show it here, but my hubby played paintball and forgot the camera. :thumbdown:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW:shocked: ok so i just downloaded my first Ting Tings song like 5 minutes ago and i loved it. The Ting Tings are amazing :punk: The song is called Great DJ and it is FREE on iTunes this week. If you love Alternative music you will love the this song. I also downloaded a new song by Santogold called L.E.S. Artistes and my oh my is it amazing:thumb_yello: There isn't very much good music out there anymore [except by our Mika of course] so when i do come across something amazing i am just dying to share so i hope you all enjoy these as much as i do :naughty: ROCK ON:punk:

HI! I love them too They really rocks! And those videos!:punk::wub2:

I think that "That's not my name" is the best song for me now!

HI! I love them too They really rocks! And those videos!:punk::wub2:

I think that "That's not my name" is the best song for me now!

That's not my name was the first I heard!

Then I heard Shut Up And Let Me Go, great also!:punk:

Thanks Sarie! :thumb_yello: I've got a few versions now to choose from. :naughty:

Well I removed the vocals from the album version on a music editor I have on my computer. Jule's voice isn't removed, because they mixed it in with the actual instruments when they made it in the studio.

So... some of the music gets muted/Katie's voice gets taken out, and you can pretty much hear what he says perfectly.

Well I removed the vocals from the album version on a music editor I have on my computer. Jule's voice isn't removed, because they mixed it in with the actual instruments when they made it in the studio.

So... some of the music gets muted/Katie's voice gets taken out, and you can pretty much hear what he says perfectly.

Oh, well then if that's the case...I sure like your version best! :naughty:

Awesome. :punk:

Hahaha.

The more I listen to it, though, the more it sounds like he says "Call a preacher, get some words and get some timin'."

Hahaha.

The more I listen to it, though, the more it sounds like he says "Call a preacher, get some words and get some timin'."

I thought the same too!

He uses the word "preacher" in another song too...but it escapes me at the moment.

Anyhoo...here is the t-shirt I'm going to wear for their gig on Monday. It reads one of my favourite lines from "That's Not My Name":

IMG_1138.jpg

Like I mentioned in the Apple thread, was tempted to draw a picture to symbolize "bird" or "giving the bird" :naughty:. But I thought better....

Had a great night! First in line with closetmikafan and Christine! Got front row centre! Met them before they went in for sound check! Signed the inside of my CD cover! Got a photo too! Got the set list too! Got a drumstick (broken) too! (Thanks to my hubby:wub2:).

IMG_1221.jpgIMG_1241-1.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

Terrific night!

Had a great night! First in line with closetmikafan and Christine! Got front row centre! Met them before they went in for sound check! Signed the inside of my CD cover! Got a photo too! Got the set list too! Got a drumstick (broken) too! (Thanks to my hubby:wub2:).

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

Terrific night!

lucky!!! :mf_lustslow: i wish i could go to their gigs... :no:

WOW:shocked: ok so i just downloaded my first Ting Tings song like 5 minutes ago and i loved it. The Ting Tings are amazing :punk: The song is called Great DJ and it is FREE on iTunes this week. If you love Alternative music you will love the this song. I also downloaded a new song by Santogold called L.E.S. Artistes and my oh my is it amazing:thumb_yello: There isn't very much good music out there anymore [except by our Mika of course] so when i do come across something amazing i am just dying to share so i hope you all enjoy these as much as i do :naughty: ROCK ON

i got both of those on itunes too!:shocked:

I knew about Santogold and liked her music before i got L.E.S Artistes but i only got Great DJ because of the album art:naughty:

i like it, though.:thumb_yello:

I looove the ting tings! It's great to dance to... I was just downloading some of their stuff

Check out "Shut Up and Let Me Go"

It's really great.

And "That's Not My Name"

yup i just got "Shut Up and Let Me Go" the other day and i love it:naughty:

Mika likes the Ting Tings.

yay!!! that makes me love them even more!!

I love the Ting Tings!

I think they're awsome.:naughty:

yay another groopie:thumb_yello:

I'm so sick of Mika.:mf_rosetinted:

are you serious:shocked:, i could never get sick of Mika:thumbdown: i love him sooooooooo much, honey i think you are for sure in the wrong place:thumbdown: LAME. enough said

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

Terrific night!

i am sooooooo freakin jealous of you!!!:crybaby:

if i ever meet you we must hug, that way maybe you can rub some of your good luck on me!!!

i got both of those on itunes too!

I knew about Santogold and liked her music before i got L.E.S Artistes but i only got Great DJ because of the album art:naughty:

i love them as well, im really into alternative music now!! YA BABY!!

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1588816&vid=238216

New video for 'Shut Up and Let Me Go'

Finally saw the new video -- watching FNMTV, so actually got to

see it on TV rather than PC.

I like it -- and didn't it look familiar? Then I saw who directed it --

Alex and Liane, who directed Mika's "Happy Ending" video. Ah, now

I understand. :)

Terrific night!

Awww, how cool, Suzy -- you got to meet them! I've been loving them

since January, when the BBC named them #3 on their "Sound of 2008",

you know the same poll that named Mika #1 in 2007 :thumb_yello:

They're coming to DC in July, I think, but it's when we're going to be

away. Anyhow, glad you had such a great time!

dcdeb

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

Terrific night!

Lucky!!! I'm glad you got to meet them :original:

Lucky!!! I'm glad you got to meet them :original:

There's only one entrance to this club and there's a ramp from the street to the front door so the artists have to literally walk through the queue to get inside. Same thing when Mika played his first Toronto gig there.