2008 - MIKA WINS SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR at the Ivors!!!

Blue Sky

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marie-Thérèse, courtesy of Marie-Andrée (screwed up my registration)

Are you by any chance the Suzie that put on Utube a... brilliant-doesn't-cover-it- recording of Any other world (and a very good one of the drumming battle) on February 28th ?

I keep thanking you on my threads, hoping that you read one of them and realize how grateful we are to you for sharing them !..................

No, that's not me, I don't have time for such things...

Only just read your original message on Amy Winehouse and I quite agree with you -although I wouldn't have bothered to put a thread about her self-destruction on the forum. .....

Well, I rarely do this but sometimes I get so pissed off by the UK media...

I can still remember I was in the Uk that day and all I heard was how Amy Winehouse was not was not perfoming and what her dad said...etc. No other artist mentioned, nothing about the winners...:thumbdown:

And only when I got home did I learn that Mika actually won Songwriter of the Year award that day....

Anyway, sorry for taking months to reply. I should be visiting the site more regularly again as I am expecting news on the 2nd album soon.

just remembered I always wanted to ask if anyone knows who presented Mika the award...

I am asking because recently I saw a clip on Youtube with 2 of my other favourite musicians also arriving at the ceremony last year.. so I thought I need to find out who was presenting what to whom.... :wub2:

I never heard anything on that, only that stupid AW story.

just remembered I always wanted to ask if anyone knows who presented Mika the award...

I am asking because recently I saw a clip on Youtube with 2 of my other favourite musicians also arriving at the ceremony last year.. so I thought I need to find out who was presenting what to whom.... :wub2:

I never heard anything on that, only that stupid AW story.

I don't know it 'cause we have no videos of the award ceremony.... gonna ask Fanny (FOUCHONNERET)... she knows and finds everything :D

No, that's not me, I don't have time for such things...

Well, I rarely do this but sometimes I get so pissed off by the UK media...

I can still remember I was in the Uk that day and all I heard was how Amy Winehouse was not was not perfoming and what her dad said...etc. No other artist mentioned, nothing about the winners...:thumbdown:

And only when I got home did I learn that Mika actually won Songwriter of the Year award that day....

Anyway, sorry for taking months to reply. I should be visiting the site more regularly again as I am expecting news on the 2nd album soon.

I couldn't agree with you more about our media! Although Amy Winehouse's decline was very sad, I was sick and tired of her being mentioned, and Mika's achievements being ignored. It was the same when he won a Brit Award last year. I watched Entertainment Today, convinced that they would mention him, and instead they mentioned Amy Winehouse, Take That and a few others, but no mention of Mika!!

No one mentioned him after he came away from The World Music Awards with four trophies for the amount of records he had actually sold, yet you can bet your boots that Amy Winehouse would have been mentioned!

I think our media are really screwed up and have got their priorities really wrong if you ak me.

I couldn't agree with you more about our media! Although Amy Winehouse's decline was very sad, I was sick and tired of her being mentioned, and Mika's achievements being ignored. It was the same when he won a Brit Award last year. I watched Entertainment Today, convinced that they would mention him, and instead they mentioned Amy Winehouse, Take That and a few others, but no mention of Mika!!

No one mentioned him after he came away from The World Music Awards with four trophies for the amount of records he had actually sold, yet you can bet your boots that Amy Winehouse would have been mentioned!

I think our media are really screwed up and have got their priorities really wrong if you ask me.

I totally agree!! :thumb_yello:

Ok - got that totally wrong!!! :roftl:

Thanks Miro :.thumb_yello:

Aw :clap: Thank you Miro!! The pics!! I forgot to look at the pics!! :roftl.:

You find everything as well! :thumb_yello:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathy_Dennis

You're welcome. Hahah when it comes to Mika :naughty:

And thanks Mari for the link :thumb_yello:

Yes - am really glad my Oldling memory lives up to it's reputation!!:roft.l::roftl.:

And what do you call this? :wink2:

I remember Katie giving him something - and she went in a cream

puff when he didn't want his photo taken with her!! :roftl::.roftl:

:roftl.:Just joking :wink2.:

we can't know nor remember everything, can we? :naughty.:

Very true! :thumb_yello.:

I think our media are really screwed up and have got their priorities really wrong if you ak me.

when I watched television that day here in belgium they just mentioned mika and the rest was amy, amy, amy...:thumbdown:

well, at least they mentioned mika...

when I watched television that day here in belgium they just mentioned mika and the rest was amy, amy, amy...:thumbdown:

well, at least they mentioned mika...

Well a small mention in Belgium is better than he got in his own adopted country! I'm surprised that he even wants to stay in Britain. He gets much more attention in other countries, like France, and even in Israel he is loved. But in Britain he is virtually ignored.

Well a small mention in Belgium is better than he got in his own adopted country! I'm surprised that he even wants to stay in Britain. He gets much more attention in other countries, like France, and even in Israel he is loved. But in Britain he is virtually ignored.

but perhaps it's better for his privacy.....

but perhaps it's better for his privacy.....

I agree. It's a bit steep to suggest that because you don't get newspaper coverage it would affect your decisions on where you live.

I see it as an advantage to a degree.

We live in a bit of a Mika bubble and imagine that everyone is as interested in Mika as we are.

Maybe if he started snorting, shagging and binge drinking in public, but until then he can continue to go about his business and life almost pap free which can't be bad for his quality of life!