2008 - MIKA WINS SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR at the Ivors!!!

Blue Sky

No, not really. But it is school involved. :thumbdown:

Only about 14 more school days though. Almost there. I can hardly wait.

Oh hey!

yeah, i have about 9 more school days and then three half days of finals. i probably wont be on much in the next two weeks:thumbdown:

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dani & Mici thank you for the beautiful pics!! :wub2:

Mika arrives at the Ivor Novello Awards at the Grosvenor House Hotel Park lane, London, England. The Awards, nicknamed "The Ivors", take place each May and are sponsored by the Performing Right Society. They are respected worldwide as the major platform for recognising and rewarding Britain's songwriting and composing talents. The "Ivors" are the only annual event to honour the music writer. The Award itself is a solid bronze sculpture of Euterpe - the muse of lyric poetry.

.... and T4P this interesting infos! Didn't know that!

Has anyone noticed that in these pics it looks like he's giving people the finger...inverselly:roftl:. Does that make sense? Or am I just weird and seeing things?

And judging by this picture, Mika may think so as well. But it would be impossible to prove I guess so he probably just has to bite his tongue and give them...Must be very frustrating indeed :thumbdown:.

m5pf2.jpg

As we can see in this pic, too, he uses to put just one finger in his pocket ....... so I think in this case you had too much fantasy, Sara .... :naughty:

And who on earth really wants to pay 30 quid or more for an index card with somebody's signature??? David Bowie's is on ebay now for over 100quid....lucrative business I guess, but the stars must really get to hate it/those guys.

I could swear I remember some interview or something from early on, where Mika was insisting that he only wanted to sign autographs if he could include the recipient's name.

Obviously that's changed with the massive amount he signs now, but I think the quote was something like "no, I need names, otherwise I should just sign it 'to eBay, love Mika'...". It might have been paraphrased, rather than a direct quote.

Anyone else remember that, or am I losing my mind in my old age? :blink:

I could swear I remember some interview or something from early on, where Mika was insisting that he only wanted to sign autographs if he could include the recipient's name.

Obviously that's changed with the massive amount he signs now, but I think the quote was something like "no, I need names, otherwise I should just sign it 'to eBay, love Mika'...". It might have been paraphrased, rather than a direct quote.

I don't think it was interview. I believe it was a conversation he had with Robertina (?)

I don't think it was interview. I believe it was a conversation he had with Robertina (?)

I seem to remember such thing too, so you are not the only lonely one. but you'd better ask robertina.

I think this took place in Italy and if I'm not very much mistaken it was Mirtilla who posted it? Not 100% sure, though... I think he was supposed to sign 10 cds for a competition ... but yes, it happened :wink2:

I remember hearing that somewhere too!

Here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=409623&postcount=607

Mirtilla wrote:

Then this guy held in his hands some Love Today cd singles, he asked me which single I'd prefer to be released next, Big Girl or Love Today. I asked him if he can give me one, but he said that they were the prizes for a contest in september on the italian forum, I made puppy eyes but he tod me they were exactly 10 so he couldn't. He gave them to Mika to be signed. While he started to draw something onto the single this guy told me he was glad that it was me to win cause it wasn't only me but I represented the whole fanclub and that I talked, while many fans only care about having a pic and/or an autograph and they go, and Mika agreed and said he likes having a face-to-face contact and I said "Us too!" He smiled. And then Mika gave the single he signed and I was like "for me?? THANK YOUUUU!!" he wrote my name, so it couldn't be used for the contest anymore! then the guy gave the rest of the cds to Mika and he wanted to know the names; no names, so Mika said no, cause otherwise they could be sold on ebay and at that point he could write "to ebay, much love Mika" lol

Tks Violet_sky!! Had never heard neither thought about that! :shocked:

There's more on this forum than people think!:wink2:

It used to be that you could read all threads but you just can't now, and you can't always tell in which threads something interesting may be hiding.

Good job we can rely on each other.

It used to be that you could read all threads but you just can't now, and you can't always tell in which threads something interesting may be hiding.

Yeah, its true! I keep on finding new interesting infos and material ...... MFC seems to be a bottomless pit!

I think this took place in Italy and if I'm not very much mistaken it was Mirtilla who posted it? Not 100% sure, though... I think he was supposed to sign 10 cds for a competition ... but yes, it happened :wink2:

if it was mirtilla winning a competition and meeting mika, it must have been firenze.. :blink:

I was thinking that with Mika not touring and not having pages and pages of gig reports to read I would be able to catch up with the archives. I was sadly mistaken! Although there may be less people chatting on here these days I still never seem to have time to catch up with what's current on here. let alone anything interesting and old.

Oh you are fast, and you must have an exceptional good memory!:thumb_yello:

FBI is making a good inside job too!:wink2:

I was thinking that with Mika not touring and not having pages and pages of gig reports to read I would be able to catch up with the archives. I was sadly mistaken! Although there may be less people chatting on here these days I still never seem to have time to catch up with what's current on here. let alone anything interesting and old.

I recognize that. Every time I log in I get caught up in a funny ongoing discussion!:roftl:

And sadly enough I think it’s a little hard to find old threads, I don’t know what to use for search words and you have to have a memory as good as Yodas to remember more than fragments of the contents!:blink:

There should be a health warning on him to be honest...

He's so so so gorgeous....

WARNING: looking for too long at pictures of Mika :wub2: can cause :mf_lustslow::licks_lips::drool: serious... er .....:blush-anim-cl:something or other ...who cares? :biggrin2:

WARNING: looking for too long at pictures of Mika can cause :mf_lustslow::licks_lips: serious... er ..... something or other ...who cares? :biggrin2:
... can cause at least.........serious..... eye :mf_lustslow:..... and brain :shocked: damage........ but yes..... yr right..... who cares?....... :mf_rosetinted:

Congrats Mika!!! He totally deserves the "Songwriter of the Year" title! And yes...Mika is brilliantly gorgeous! :mf_lustslow:

Oh yes...I have been looking for a place to broadcast this -- I went to the movie "What Happens In Vegas" yesterday and Grace Kelly was playing during the opening credits! I couldn't help myself...I started singing quite loudly in the theatre (I received several strange looks). From that point on, I knew I would love the film simply because it started with a Mika song! :blush-anim-cl:

BRAVO MIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!