Possible Life In Cartoon Motion plagiarism?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hard to believe that he wouldn't know about somethings like this, you'd think they'd have had to consult him? You'd have to be completely mad to think that you could get away with something like that. I don't know why they would want to use the same pics even with permission because that only says that they are incapable of producing anything original on their own. I wouldn't think that they could even have that printed without his permission.:blink:

they're not even subtile about it, so i think they must know...

What a down right cheek, but yeah I think we have had similar thyings posted before, I remember from a long while ago we saw some art work we thought was nicked off Mika and Jazmine.

Well I think it's up to them if they want to take it any further, they have been alerted by MFC so...balls in their court so to speak.

Why don't we all spam the picture of the LICM album cover on his myspace and leave comments saying it's been plagiarized and post the link?:naughty:

I like the idea of spamming. It would make a change from being spammed. :naughty:

Hey everyone. First of all, I've not made this threat to accuse anyone of plagiarism, but to give you a heads up and to see what could be done.

The following is a comparative image between the "Patito Feo" CD ("La Vida Es Una Fiesta" - 2008), which include the soundtracks of a popular Argentinean soap-opera made for teenagers and Mika's CD cover ("Life In Cartoon Motion" - 2007) (I'm pretty sure we're all familiar with it but just so you can see several similarities between both CD covers).

patitofeoeh0.png

And another one... (look at the piano and the arrows!)

83214649mc7.png

I just think they're waaay too similar. :shocked:

Is there any way we can let Mika know about this?

Thanks

Agus

WHAT!!! :shocked::furious:

I like the idea of spamming. It would make a change from being spammed. :naughty:

More interesting than the

"I LOVE MIKA I LOVE MIKA

I LOVE MIKA I LOVE MIKA

I LOVE MIKA I LOVE MIKA

I LOVE MIKA I LOVE MIKA

MIKA IS SEXY MIKA IS SEXY

MARRY ME MIKA MARRY ME MIKA

MARRE ME MIKA MARRY ME MIKA!!!!11!11!!1!"

that takes an hour to scroll through spam.

Wow! It does look a bit too similar for my taste...But I'm sure that DaWack and Mika have taken care of the copyright, there's no way they'd put so much time, love and effort into their designs, not to protect them....

So I hope that they will take these people on! You gotta be stupid to do this sort of copying though:roftl:.

On a funny note, "el patito feo" means "the ugly duckling", in case anyone is interested:thumb_yello:

Wow! It does look a bit too similar for my taste...But I'm sure that DaWack and Mika have taken care of the copyright, there's no way they'd put so much time, love and effort into their designs, not to protect them....

So I hope that they will take these people on! You gotta be stupid to do this sort of copying though:roftl:.

On a funny note, "el patito feo" means "the ugly duckling", in case anyone is interested:thumb_yello:

As long as its nothing about chicken!!! That would be too much!! :roftl::roftl:

They could and they did.I'm so proud to be an argentinian right now:mf_rosetinted:

The only positive thing is that it was an argentinian girl who made us notice that.All is not lost.

:wink2:

I hard to believe that he wouldn't know about somethings like this, you'd think they'd have had to consult him? You'd have to be completely mad to think that you could get away with something like that. I don't know why they would want to use the same pics even with permission because that only says that they are incapable of producing anything original on their own. I wouldn't think that they could even have that printed without his permission.:blink:

they're not even subtile about it, so i think they must know...

I know what you're thinking. No one in their right mind can do this... but Marcelo Tinelli is NOT in his right mind... And I guess he thought he'd get away with this because he got away with so many other things...

But the MFC won't let that happen!

Way off topic but i love the t-shirt you made for Mika :wink2: the braces and the hair.. so cute.. so Mika :naughty:

:wink2:

I know what you're thinking. No one in their right mind can do this... but Marcelo Tinelli is NOT in his right mind... And I guess he thought he'd get away with this because he got away with so many other things...

But the MFC won't let that happen!

So this guy really is mad ad trying to rip this off?

Well that wont last long...

THEY EVEN HAVE THE BLACK CD'S!!!!

Back in the day before CDs, music was recorded on black discs that were typically made of vinyl. Before vinyl they were made of something else. They were called records and we played them on ancient devices called record players.

The disks had grooves in them and the record player had a needle that would follow the grooves so that the sound would go through the speakers. Sometimes a needle would get stuck in a groove so that the same sound was played over and over. That's where we get the phrase "You sound like a broken record," when someone nags you to do something or keep talking about the same subject. Oh, wait, do people even say that anymore?

The "black CDs" are probably meant to be records, one hopes. :punk:

Way off topic but i love the t-shirt you made for Mika :wink2: the braces and the hair.. so cute.. so Mika :naughty:

Oh thanks!

I was unsure about how he'd find it but it turns out that he also liked it, so it's all good!

When we chatted to him at the Yelle gig last wednesday I still told him that I was so amazed when he wore it on stage, and he was really surprised that I was shocked by it!!

He thought that it was the most natural thing in the world that he'd wear it. Sigh. I am still on a cloud:wub2:, he's so sweet.

wrong. that's so wrong sariflor. it just is and i don't know why.

Why is it wrong, if you don't even know why it's wrong? Admittedly, ducks are cuter (except for the ugly one)...but they are very similar!

2 little paws, a beak, the feathers...

Cousins, I'm telling ya:mf_rosetinted:

Back in the day before CDs, music was recorded on black discs that were typically made of vinyl. Before vinyl they were made of something else. They were called records and we played them on ancient devices called record players.

The disks had grooves in them and the record player had a needle that would follow the grooves so that the sound would go through the speakers. Sometimes a needle would get stuck in a groove so that the same sound was played over and over. That's where we get the phrase "You sound like a broken record," when someone nags you to do something or keep talking about the same subject. Oh, wait, do people even say that anymore?

They "black CDs" are probably meant to be records, one hopes. :punk:

Bakelite?

Some songs even speak of records and needles even today!

And plenty of DJs still cherish their vinyl!

Caz, what did you think a 7" was? :naughty:

Oh my goodness...they look SO similar!!!

Looking on the back of the CD it says "The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Casablanca Music. L.L.C. and is lisenced exclusively to Universal Island Records Limited..." and it goes on. But there is no mention of the drawings.

But on the bakc of the DVD the first thing it says is this "Film and artwork ©2007 Casablanca Music..." and again it goes on.

Hmmm...I don't know. I mean they do look VERY similar...

Thanks for the history lesson!:roftl:

Well needed I'll guess!:naughty:

Yup, that's what I meant. I just forgot what they're called, okay. :mf_rosetinted: