My Feelings - For A Change

Hello Everybody - Hope everyone is well at this time.

I've been a member of MFC since March 2007 and believe it or not, this is only the 2nd thread I have ever started.... I don't log on a lot and I always try to be extremely careful and considerate of my remarks in all contexts. I think I have been polite, considerate, thoughtful and helpful - I do acknowledge that I have had, and continue to have, an extremely turbulent life fraught with much tragedy and despair. In spite of all that I try to maintain a positive attitude, and rather than focusing on the negative aspects I try to utilize this towards education and knowledge, for others as well as myself.

In addition, I believe I have stepped up to the plate in times of need for MFC - contributing towards Mika's birthday last year, taking on the Valentine's Day Project when it went horribly awry in February... as well as being the top donor of MFC - this may not still be the case - whatever - I don't see it listed anymore... but the thoughts and intentions were most certainly there. I think I have taken my dedication and loyalty to a whole other level - which is what makes this situation and what I'm about to say so painful for me.

My birthday was Friday the 13th - along with several others, I noticed - the only difference being - they were remembered and acknowledged and I was not. I know this must sound ludicrous, like a spoiled child whose birthday was forgotten - but hey! Let's call a spade a spade! It's the little things in life we thrive on..... I didn't expect kudos and props and bells and whistles but a simple listing on the home page would've sufficed. It just felt like a slap in the face. I have never asked for much. Many others devote entire threads to their personal turmoils, trials and tribulations..... I have not. Not that there's anything wrong with that - it's just that I have grown up to never demand anything of others. If anything, the opposite is true. I have always put others before myself. That is evident throughout my personal life as well as my career. But I am changing. This is obvious - and this is why I am coming forward today with this message.

I have noticed lately that there are a number of members who are leaving the forum and I feel sad about that. I know it is their prerogative - people grow and change... this is normal... but I have to wonder.... sometimes you need to read between the lines..... like I said, sad.

Part of me wants to say "Sorry Guys, for unloading all of this on you"... but the rest of me knows it really is warranted. If nothing else, it is a lesson of sensitivity and just plain manners. We can ALL learn to be just more considerate of others.

I still want to continue to be a member here... I love Mika, his music and MFC, in spite of this slight. But part of me worries that this post, too, will pass unnoticed..... and in this circumstance, I really, really want to be proven wrong.....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh Gosh, I'm so sorry hun. I feel awful, I never check the main page and only know whose birthday it is by reading the newest post in that section of the mfc. i'm sometimes late on birthdays, sometimes i miss them completely.

I'm really sorry.

Happy belated birthday sweetheart, was it a good day, despite it being superstitiously unlucky?

You're entitled to your own birthday thread like everyone else. I'll make you one, as a belated present from me to you :thumb_yello:

:happybday:

But you can decide if your birth date is displayed on the homepage. It's in your profile settings, quite on top. Maybe you have accidentally selected 'Hide birth date and age' or similar.

I have to admit, I usually don't check the bdays as I tend to go directly to my user cp when I enter mfc, so I probably wouldn't have noticed either unless anyone would have set up a bday thread for you.

In any case:

Happy Belated Birthday!

Topsy_Turvey_Birthday_Cake_by_pinkcakebox.jpg

But you can decide if your birth date is displayed on the homepage. It's in your profile settings, quite on top. Maybe you have accidentally selected 'Hide birth date and age' or similar.

ohhhh that's why. Calicojasmine, you silly girl :naughty::roftl:

*pats head*

xDDDD

kidding! :biggrin2:

I have to admit, I usually don't check the bdays as I tend to go directly to my user cp when I enter mfc, so I probably wouldn't have noticed either unless anyone would have set up a bday thread for you.

In any case:

Happy Belated Birthday!

Topsy_Turvey_Birthday_Cake_by_pinkcakebox.jpg

haha Yes, I certainly wouldn't want the age on display... but like I said to Caz, last year I got an e-mail, at least acknowledging the damn thing!!! Oh, well... whaddya expect from Friday the 13th??? LOL! :naughty:

Hi!

First a technical question, are you sure your birthday was shown on the home page?

I know mine didn't.

But you got to make a choice when you signed in didn't you? And of course I choose to hide mine.

And the reason I got a birthday thread was because I had actually told one girl, REBEKA and she, as the attentive and sweet person she is, she remembered.:blush-anim-cl:

I couldn’t have been more surprised, because I really didn’t expect it to happen.

Anyway….sad to hear that you didn’t was remembered.

But I can’t help smiling when you are talking about how you use to not make any big deal of your self and stand back for other people’s best, but not any more!!!!

Good for you!:thumb_yello:

Why should you do that?

You are an important person too!

Kudos to you for starting this thread and

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

This thing, to stand up for your self is a question of maturity, it will develop with the years, good luck, it can only be better now!:thumb_yello:

Love, I'm so sorry!

I know you've been a member for a long time, but I haven't seen you for a good while, maybe due to hanging out in different threads or the time difference, whatever I know we've had a few interactions in the past and where I've read your posts I've always enjoyed and (mostly) agreed.

I've stopped saying happy birthday to people I "don't know" but had I seen a thread, I would have wished you happy birthday, because although we aren't great friends, I recognise you as one of the earlier members and someone who reminds me of the less hectic, more innocent times of the MFC. ( I know, I know it was only a year ago)

So please accept these belated, but sincere birthday greetings from me and I hope to see you around more often.

And I'm glad you made this thread, you did the right thing.

bab x

Love, I'm so sorry!

I know you've been a member for a long time, but I haven't seen you for a good while, maybe due to hanging out in different threads or the time difference, whatever I know we've had a few interactions in the past and where I've read your posts I've always enjoyed and (mostly) agreed.

I've stopped saying happy birthday to people I "don't know" but had I seen a thread, I would have wished you happy birthday, because although we aren't great friends, I recognise you as one of the earlier members and someone who reminds me of the less hectic, more innocent times of the MFC. ( I know, I know it was only a year ago)

So please accept these belated, but sincere birthday greetings from me and I hope to see you around more often.

And I'm glad you made this thread, you did the right thing.

bab x

it's good to see you can do nice sometimes, it shows you're versatile :thumb_yello:

btw, ive made a thread, so no reason as to why you cant get your butt over there now :biggrin2:

I too apologise for not wishing you a happy Birthday Huni :boxed:

Like many of the old Skool members who were very prodominant in the early days i too am spending less and less time on here so i dont realise when important birthdays crop up :blink:

So Happy Belated Birthday :punk:

APART FROM THE FACT THAT YOU LIVE IN ONE OF THE BEST PLACE I'VE EVER SEEN............:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

ops caps....sorry

you are one of our first fans here and a top contributor! pls ppl don't forget that!:thumb_yello:

pls...why don't you all display yr age...an oldling like me, with such a poor memory...need to know whose birthday is everyday!!!:wink2:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALICOJASMINE!

calicojasmine, just to say, my birthday didn't show up on the homepage either and I checked my settings and they were NOT set to 'hide date of birth and age', so I was a bit surprised by that. Maybe there is a glitch in the MFC system somewhere.

Anyway I can understand how you must have been a little put out by it ( I admit I was, just a little, so I hinted for someone to start a birthday thread for me :naughty: well it had to be done!! :mf_rosetinted:)

so, Happy Belated Birthday from me, anyway :yay:

Happy birthday from me too, sweetie..:huglove:

I remember that we talked a bit when I was "down" and all I can say is: You really helped me a lot!! :thumb_yello:

Don't feel sad or angry if "we" don't notice something..:blink:

Stand up and speak your mind..:bleh:

(like you did now..:naughty:)

You are as important as anyone else..:huglove: (specially for me..:blush-anim-cl:)

Hello Everybody - Hope everyone is well at this time.

I've been a member of MFC since March 2007 and believe it or not, this is only the 2nd thread I have ever started.... I don't log on a lot and I always try to be extremely careful and considerate of my remarks in all contexts. I think I have been polite, considerate, thoughtful and helpful - I do acknowledge that I have had, and continue to have, an extremely turbulent life fraught with much tragedy and despair. In spite of all that I try to maintain a positive attitude, and rather than focusing on the negative aspects I try to utilize this towards education and knowledge, for others as well as myself.

In addition, I believe I have stepped up to the plate in times of need for MFC - contributing towards Mika's birthday last year, taking on the Valentine's Day Project when it went horribly awry in February... as well as being the top donor of MFC - this may not still be the case - whatever - I don't see it listed anymore... but the thoughts and intentions were most certainly there. I think I have taken my dedication and loyalty to a whole other level - which is what makes this situation and what I'm about to say so painful for me.

My birthday was Friday the 13th - along with several others, I noticed - the only difference being - they were remembered and acknowledged and I was not. I know this must sound ludicrous, like a spoiled child whose birthday was forgotten - but hey! Let's call a spade a spade! It's the little things in life we thrive on..... I didn't expect kudos and props and bells and whistles but a simple listing on the home page would've sufficed. It just felt like a slap in the face. I have never asked for much. Many others devote entire threads to their personal turmoils, trials and tribulations..... I have not. Not that there's anything wrong with that - it's just that I have grown up to never demand anything of others. If anything, the opposite is true. I have always put others before myself. That is evident throughout my personal life as well as my career. But I am changing. This is obvious - and this is why I am coming forward today with this message.

I have noticed lately that there are a number of members who are leaving the forum and I feel sad about that. I know it is their prerogative - people grow and change... this is normal... but I have to wonder.... sometimes you need to read between the lines..... like I said, sad.

Part of me wants to say "Sorry Guys, for unloading all of this on you"... but the rest of me knows it really is warranted. If nothing else, it is a lesson of sensitivity and just plain manners. We can ALL learn to be just more considerate of others.

I still want to continue to be a member here... I love Mika, his music and MFC, in spite of this slight. But part of me worries that this post, too, will pass unnoticed..... and in this circumstance, I really, really want to be proven wrong.....

OMG....I'm so, sorry! Happy Belated Birthday:wub2:

You should never feel like you have to apologise for being yourself and expressing your feelings:thumb_yello:

Feel free to come past the Aussie thread....and if you pass our citizenship test we'll make you an honorary Aussie:wink2:...oh, and we don't bite......hard:roftl:!

Happy birthday from me too, sweetie..:huglove:

I remember that we talked a bit when I was "down" and all I can say is: You really helped me a lot!!

Don't feel sad or angry if "we" don't notice something..:blink:

Stand up and speak your mind..:bleh:

(like you did now..:naughty:)

You are as important as anyone else..:huglove: (specially for me..:blush-anim-cl:)

Great siggie!:roftl:

Hey Friday the 13th girl! I made the other two threads for that day because I checked the front page of the site, and they were the people I knew had been round or a while, and I defintiely would've made you one if it had been listed, as I KNOW you have been round longer than me and been a donator and all!!

So from a Saturday 14th girl to a Friday 13th girl,

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

debanie%20003t.jpg

and your pressie from Japan (perhaps more Mika's taste than yours...LOL)

0811835294_norm.jpg

Thank you for starting this thread, you did the right thing and I like to read about your feelings. I'm so sorry your birthday was skiped, I would have certainly sent you all my love on your special day. Anyways, eventhough I already wished you happy belated birthday in your birthday thread, I'll do it again here:

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DARLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huglove:

:jawdrop: Omg. Joan! You know I would have had the absolute pleasure to start your birthday thread. I probably feel the most awful about this because I start so many birthday threads...

I am so sorry. My front page of the forum is forever on June 12th. All this time I thought it was stuck on June 13th - but its actually stuck on June 12th. I brought this tech issue up on the Tech Support Thread with many trying to help, but no success.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1531615&postcount=102

Ultimately it comes down to Team Mika to try and resolve our tech problems once and for all.

june121.jpg

june12.jpg

I only know of Blue Sky's and sariflor's birthdays because they share the same day with my son (so it would have been too hard to forget).

Believe me, I know how this is upsetting because ironically, my birthday, May 31st, landed on the weekend that the server was down for 36 hours - so I of all people can honestly understand your disappointment.

You belong here calicojasmine. :huglove:

:jawdrop: Omg. Joan! You know I would have had the absolute pleasure to start your birthday thread. I probably feel the most awful about this because I start so many birthday threads...

I am so sorry. My front page of the forum is forever on June 12th. All this time I thought it was stuck on June 13th - but its actually stuck on June 12th. I brought this tech issue up on the Tech Support Thread with many trying to help, but no success.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1531615&postcount=102

Ultimately it comes down to Team Mika to try and resolve our tech problems once and for all.

june121.jpg

june12.jpg

I only know of Blue Sky's and sariflor's birthdays because they share the same day with my son (so it would have been too hard to forget).

Believe me, I know how this is upsetting because ironically, my birthday, May 31st, landed on the weekend that the server was down for 36 hours - so I of all people can honestly understand your disappointment.

You belong here calicojasmine. :huglove:

**edit**

After all that I didn't even get to say: (because I had written a longer well-written post that I lost because the damn server logged me out again)

Happy-Happy-Birthday-Balloon-Bouque.jpg

800px-Birthday_candles.jpg

Awww! I am so sorry to read this! I hate it when someone's feelings are hurt

like this. :(

So I've checked your profile, and you do indeed have it set to hide both your age and birthdate, which is probably why it didn't show up on the front page.

I say *probably* though, because I have my profile set to show the date, and MY birthday was not displayed on the date! I was a little miffed at the time,

but there were a few people who knew the date anyway and someone was

kind enough to start a thread for me.

In any case, it's good that you spoke up! Because I think we're all

always ready for a party, belated or not! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Happy Belated! And hope the actual day was much better in Real Life!

dcdeb