JackViolet

As opposed to the musicianship-dedicated thread for him in the Other Artists forum, and the discussion one in the News forum, I thought maybe we could use this thread to reflect upon our various experiences and interactions with one of the most personable members of the band. If you met Luke, reminisce about it here! Tell us about seeing him play, either with Mika or in any other situation, or anything else really.

Basically, a thread to share your Luke stories and memories, and why so many people thought he was special.

--Jack

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As opposed to the musicianship-dedicated thread for him in the Other Artists forum, and the discussion one in the News forum, I thought maybe we could use this thread to reflect upon our various experiences and interactions with one of the most personable members of the band. If you met Luke, reminisce about it here! Tell us about seeing him play, either with Mika or in any other situation, or anything else really.

Basically, a thread to share your Luke stories and memories, and why so many people thought he was special.

--Jack

Was? Good grief, it's not as though he died or anything! :naughty:

I'm sorry, Jack, but I think this properly belongs in the Other Artists

section, so I'm moving it. :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

I saw him 11-11-07 in Amsterdam at the Heineken Music Hall...

I will never forget that day :wub2: Luke was amazing, just like the rest of the band and mika :thumb_yello:

I allways thought luke was kinda mysterious, he didn't seem like a big talker to me...but I kinda liked it :naughty:

I think I first met Luke at the TBA gig in Manchester.

We were allowed into the afterparty thingy, but I think it was just because the free booze had ended.

Anyway we went up and all of the band, minus Mika were there.

We walked straight into Luke and Martin who didn't hesitate to say hello to us.

Now, I am quite a gobby, chatty type of person, but I just didn't know where to start, so I said that to Luke and I think he asked who we were on the forum or something but he started to ask about my videos and stuff and then the conversation just started flowing and kept flowing all night.

We spoke mostly to Luke and Martin and they were just great company. Jemma said she liked Ross Copperman and Luke called Ross on the phone in America and put him on to Jemma.

We just had a really nice evening and from then on, chatting for England and I've always found those guys to be kind and friendly, sometimes going out of their way to speak to us.

I know we aren't their friends, but they are so nice they make you feel like you are.

I've never met him :(

I was hoping to one day meet him, speak to him etc...

But I always noticed something special about him :) He's a beauiful boy by the way:mf_lustslow:

But it was like he was the casual observer in the background, amused by everything and in love with what he was doing...:blush-anim-cl:

To bad I have no personal memories of the fella... :(

Luke (and Saranayde) came out and chatted to us MFCers who were staking out the tour bus in LA. They were both very sweet, and talked at length about the crazy thrown-together-last-minute acoustic show in Salt Lake City.

Luke seemed disappointed that he couldn't see the queue from their vantage point behind a barrier, and actually came around to try and see it from the sidewalk.

Lovely guy, down to earth, and one hugely adorable accent. :wub2:

I might have mentioned this several times already...:naughty:

Luke Juby is my favourite.

He was the band member that gave my hubby and I, bottles of water in the Chicago gig last year because it was a hot, sunny day, we were there early, and were the first and only 2 people in the queue yet. :naughty:

Luke was also the band member that promised Christine and I a favour for at the cancelled Hammersmith gig in London, December 2007, when he learned we flew from Canada.

He personally responded to our messages on MySpace. And promptly, I might add.

He actually carried out the promise to the very end and gave us what he promised when the band came to Toronto, Canada. He confirmed with us as soon as he got off the tour bus and saw us outside the chain linked fence. He was the ONLY band member to greet us at that time.

He was truly grateful and made the effort to let us know how much he appreciated the gift we had for him. He displayed a pic of the scarf in one of his MySpace blogs.

No one even comes close to displaying the same type of sweetness.

**I just remembered - I've still kept the plastic water bottle he gave me last year** :bleh:

He was the band member that gave my hubby and I, bottles of water in the Chicago gig last year because it was a hot, sunny day, we were there early, and were the first and only 2 people in the queue yet. :naughty:

Luke was also the band member that promised Christine and I a favour for at the cancelled Hammersmith gig in London, December 2007, when he learned we flew from Canada.

He actually carried out the promise to the very end and gave us what he promised when the band came to Toronto, Canada. He confirmed with us as soon as he got off the tour bus and saw us outside the chain linked fence. He was the ONLY band member to greet us at that time.

He was truly grateful and made the effort to let us know how much he appreciated the gift we had for him. He displayed a pic of the scarf in one of his MySpace blogs.

**I just remembered - I've still kept the plastic water bottle he gave me last year** :bleh:

He must have known you were my mate, Suze. :naughty:

I remember in Chicago him and Sara and Cherese came out to talk to us when we were in line. I lot of the people didn't exactly know who they were so we nice time to chat. They talked to us about the snow and stuff. He also made fun of my cousin because she was so much shorter that him, (shorter than Cherise!) He was really really nice, and talked to us a lot. We got a pic too!

:) So sweet!

I'VE MET LUKE!!

:woot_jump:

sorry....:blush-anim-cl:

ANYWAY!

I met him at Hammersmith last year, at the cancelled gig. He was really nice, though he had several girls round him lmao! Sara (bo peep) just went straight up to him and kissed him on the cheek haha! Luke already knew Sara beforehand so he just accepted it like a gentleman lol. I asked Luke if I could have a picture and he said yes, but a few others were pushing in front so I waited my turn.

Finally met him, and he took the mickey out of my shortness lmao! I'm an inch smaller than Cherisse (I'm 5 foot) and so he's like, super tall next to me. He stood on his tip toes to show off xDDD

The first pic was blurry and Luke was patient with the pictures. He blinked in the second pic and people laughed, and as a joke I said "you're rubbish!!" and he said "sorry, i don't really like having my photo taken" and i felt SO GUILTY IT'S NOT TRUE. I was like "Oh God I'm sorry..." and he said "it's okay". Luckily the third picture was just right and I said thank you :)

DSCF1146.jpg

DSCF1149.jpg

the second time i saw him was at Hammersmith this year. this was a while after Danika and I passed Yasmine's giftbook to a security guard, and I wanted to ask him if he knew Yasmine had got it. I kept trying to call his name to get his attention but he couldn't hear me :(

edit: not only that, he's replied to my myspace messages as well. he's a diamond, and an absolute sweetheart. :wub2:

that is uberly sweet of him. i think ive just fallen in love with luke....:blush-anim-cl:

(hey luke, you gonna print screen this and put it on your myspace? I DARE YA! :roftl:)

I've met Luke several times :yay: And I've always managed to act like a complete twat when I did :mf_rosetinted: The first couple of times I only talked about pineapples :blink: And I've never managed to say anything clever to him since either, but I consider him one of the nicest guys I've never really talked to :bleh:

I've met Luke several times :yay: And I've always managed to act like a complete twat when I did :mf_rosetinted: The first couple of times I only talked about pineapples :blink: And I've never managed to say anything clever to him since either, but I consider him one of the nicest guys I've never really talked to :bleh:

PINEAPPLES lmao! i bet THAT was an interesting convo...

kata: why do they call it a pineapple? i mean, it doesnt contain pine nor an smidgen of apple...

Luke: Right.

Kata: and why are they so spiky?

Luke: Um. I don't really know.

Kata: And the LEAVES! What are they for?

Luke: I don't know, to help it BREATHE maybe?

Kata: It hasn't got lungs, you idiot.

Luke: I know that--

Kata: It's not flippin' human.

Luke: But the leaves--

Kata: maybe it's their version on hair.

Luke: LOOK........oh whatever. Yes. It's their version of hair.

Kata: I'm happy we agree.

Luke: :blink:

Well I havent met luke, but i have spoken to him and he has written me back on my messages. (including measurement questions :lmao: ) He is an awesome guy and in my good-bye message to him I let him knwo that. He seems really sweet and he doesn't seem annoyed that I am obsessive. But i don't think i am annoying to him anywyas...o am i?:shocked: i don know :lmao:

kata: why do they call it a pineapple? i mean, it doesnt contain pine nor an smidgen of apple...

did thqat convo actually occur?

were you there? :shocked::roftl: Nah actually the first time I met him, he had a pineapple, which he then suggested should be in the group picture so we could claim that Cherisse was there :bleh: Don't remember it exactly, but I ended up laughing so hard that I look like a complete idiot on the picture :roftl:

Well I havent met luke, but i have spoken to him and he has written me back on my messages. (including measurement questions :lmao: ) He is an awesome guy and in my good-bye message to him I let him knwo that. He seems really sweet and he doesn't seem annoyed that I am obsessive. But i don't think i am annoying to him anywyas...o am i?:shocked: i don know :lmao:

Luke loves you, you know that :wink2:

Good little apple. :ap_rosetinted:

were you there? :shocked::roftl: Nah actually the first time I met him, he had a pineapple, which he then suggested should be in the group picture so we could claim that Cherisse was there :bleh: Don't remember it exactly, but I ended up laughing so hard that I look like a complete idiot on the picture :roftl:

:roftl: hey, at least you made smile! :biggrin2:

awww, they're so mean about cherisse, just cos she's small LOL :roftl:

Luke loves you, you know that :wink2:

I do kno that. And i love him.:wub2: if i didnt i wouldnt be scrubbing his name off of my face at this moment.

:roftl: hey, at least you made smile! :biggrin2:

awww, they're so mean about cherisse, just cos she's small LOL :roftl:

*hollers for MegPL* *sings* suckin too hard on ur candy floss.....