CazGirl

hey, listen to this new artist!!!

song: Sweet About Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElY5Gr845Fw

I heard this song on TV (she was singing live) SOOOO LONG AGO, but I never heard the song title nor did I know her name. I caught snippets now and then but always missed the vital information, and so it's taken me THIS LONG to figure out who the bloody hell she is!!!

bit like Mika with Grace Kelly I suppose, took a while for her song to get popular, cos I heard about her months ago :roftl:

meh, maybe i just haven't been watching enough TV lol!

anyway, this is the only song i've heard so far, but I like it. Vocally, I guess she sounds a bit like Amy Winehouse on certain parts "If there's lessons to be lear-ear-earned...." but the song isn't very Amy lmao xDD

enjoy!

x

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Cazzy, this is another one I just don't like. I thought we had got rid of the single but it's on the sure ad.:thumbdown:

LOL fair enough, I've been singing to random bits all day xDDD i find it rather catchy :blush-anim-cl:

any reason as to why ya dont like it? and what do you mean "another one"? :blink:

I really liked this song when I heard it, I thought it was Amy Winehouse at first, but then I recognised the video of the song. I was really shocked when I found out she was 16, that's bloody amazing. Although she's only started doing well in the charts now even if this song has been out for quite a while. But good on her!

Sorry Cazzy, this is another one I just don't like. I thought we had got rid of the single but it's on the sure ad.:thumbdown:

i agree..

when her song is on the radio, i HAVE to change the station..i cannot stand it, it irritates me..:boxed:

• 2 months later...

I find her song a ripoff of Anastasia's "I'm Outta Love", she even does the same moves!!!

Great voice, yes, I agree, but she just doesn't do it for me.

Maybe it's because I prefer the real Anastasia, who I saw live once and has an incredible voice :wub2:.

I find her song a ripoff of Anastasia's "I'm Outta Love", she even does the same moves!!!

Great voice, yes, I agree, but she just doesn't do it for me.

Maybe it's because I prefer the real Anastasia, who I saw live once and has an incredible voice :wub2:.

Actually I'm not sure of which Anastasia song she remindsme of exactly, it's probably a mix of them, but this is the video where I can see TOO MUCH similarity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqyNRDDqAuc&feature=user

I hadn't really thought about her being heard all over the world and got a shock when I saw this thread. I like the song, can't say I'm rushing out to buy the album or anything, but I do love her voice. And my toddler loves the song as well.

• 4 weeks later...
hey, listen to this new artist!!!

song: Sweet About Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElY5Gr845Fw

I heard this song on TV (she was singing live) SOOOO LONG AGO, but I never heard the song title nor did I know her name. I caught snippets now and then but always missed the vital information, and so it's taken me THIS LONG to figure out who the bloody hell she is!!!

bit like Mika with Grace Kelly I suppose, took a while for her song to get popular, cos I heard about her months ago :roftl:

meh, maybe i just haven't been watching enough TV lol!

anyway, this is the only song i've heard so far, but I like it. Vocally, I guess she sounds a bit like Amy Winehouse on certain parts "If there's lessons to be lear-ear-earned...." but the song isn't very Amy lmao xDD

enjoy!

x

I LOVE Gabriella Cilmi! I added her as a friend on myspace :naughty: I love her music,heard only two songs so far though,Sweet About Me is my fav!:punk: and she's really cute,only 16 y/o and everything. Her voice is great!

I like her voice.

She's become famus over here because "Sweet about me" is used in the Rexona advert :mf_rosetinted:

But I am really looking forward to the release of the song "Non Ti Aspettavo" she did with the German singer (with Italian roots) Nevio.

• 2 weeks later...
She was born on the same day in the same year as me:mf_rosetinted:

Yes I have to repeat that everywhere...we're connected:roftl:

lol, I was born on the same day and same year as Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe. Only the coolest people are Leos! :wink2::punk:

i didn't know she's australian. her name sounded italian to me.

she has a really good voice

She's half Italian:wink2:

Actually I'm not sure of which Anastasia song she remindsme of exactly, it's probably a mix of them, but this is the video where I can see TOO MUCH similarity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqyNRDDqAuc&feature=user

You're right! She does sound like Anastacia a lot (more than Amy W. IMO)!

• 4 weeks later...
omg, this girl is only 16! :shocked:

and she's from australia!

17... :fisch:

Yeah she is!

i didn't know she's australian. her name sounded italian to me.

she has a really good voice

She is Italian...

You guys know she won a bunch of awards at the ARIA's recently don't you?

(Australian Recording Industry Awards)

I think she won about 6 or something, so the girl is very much the latest "next big thing".

Yeah, it was 6...

I like Sweet About Me, but I'm a bit over seeing her... she was all over the TV after the ARIAs...