Francis Rodino has kidnapped Luke Juby!

Francis Rodino

:roftl::roftl:

And the other half??

I'm a bit confused though: it DOES seem like Francis is mostly answering questions, and it's not like he's been aggressively selling anything--in fact, the last few pages have been talking about the music industry in general and other artists.

Don't we have members sometimes posting things like "listen to this new song I wrote" (since we do have musicians among us) or "look at this great thing I did as art/for work/etc"? Is that not allowed either anymore, or is there a difference because Francis' work is commercial (but he doesn't have an album out and he's not asking us to buy anything)? Or is it because he hasn't been a member prior to this?

I'm just curious. (Also, I guess I'd like it if Katy Perry posted here. :bleh:)

--Jack

I am *guessing* also known as *speculating* that it's his connection to another certain musician which has made people get a bit tense.

But of course, I could be totally wrong.

I still stand by the rules thing. If there are any rules regarding this, they should probably be visible, and if there aren't...well that just speaks for itself, no?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon you'll be fine here if we all just chat...:naughty:

Actually this is a very interesting topic.

As much as one would say that there are certain "ideas" that many or most people would agree on regarding what should be allowed on a fanclub and what not, are there any specific MFC rules that cover this whole "other artists posting protocol"?

I'd be interested to know, and I guess it will come in handy if someone else would decide to come and post.

Is there a rulebook anywhere?

That's an interesting point, I don't think another artist has actually posted on here. Chance would be a fine thing, if Mika would get his act together and post, something, ANYTHING!

New *proper* thread about Francis here.

But according to the mods he still can't post in it, since that's self-promotion? Like they said that Katy Perry wouldn't be allowed to post.

So I guess maybe he's allowed to post everywhere except the thread about him? Which would be odd if people had questions about his music or something, and would have to PM him to get them answered...

--Jack

But according to the mods he still can't post in it, since that's self-promotion? Like they said that Katy Perry wouldn't be allowed to post.

So I guess maybe he's allowed to post everywhere except the thread about him? Which would be odd if people had questions about his music or something, and would have to PM him to get them answered...

--Jack

So if Perez came past and asked us to check out his website he'd be told he can't do that here??

@ Administrators and other squares

No need to feel threatened. Ultimately it's a good (and democratic thing) for artists, mika fans, music lovers and people generally to come together in the forum and connect.

We are forming "real" relationships and lots of people from lots of different places are going to share their common interests.

Some people will make movies, others will write poetry, others may save lives. I happen to be a songwriter. It's as simple as that, and I'm not here to steal anyone's limelight, rather connect and share stories to people that might have the same interests as me.

F

It's all true, folks. See it for yourselves.

http://www.francisrodino.com/musicians'>http://www.francisrodino.com/musicians

enjoy!

My album, featuring Luke Juby on piano and keys is coming out later this summer! I hope you will support Luke in this new,exciting project!

Stay up to date and join our mailinglist or e-team!

http://www.francisrodino.com

Francis

Hiya Francis - welcome - you added me on myspace a few days ago!!

Nice to see you here! :thumb_yello:

Too bad Meg ate 'em all. Buuuut we still have sandwiches from 6 weeks ago if you like:mf_rosetinted:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14333&page=74&highlight=Official+Mika+Whores+thread

too bad Ingie is a whore (oh no...wait... it's a good thing I think?) :naughty: so join us... you will be only male in that thread... and all the girls around you... :roftl:

I'm a bit confused though: it DOES seem like Francis is mostly answering questions, and it's not like he's been aggressively selling anything--in fact, the last few pages have been talking about the music industry in general and other artists.

Don't we have members sometimes posting things like "listen to this new song I wrote" (since we do have musicians among us) or "look at this great thing I did as art/for work/etc"? Is that not allowed either anymore, or is there a difference because Francis' work is commercial (but he doesn't have an album out and he's not asking us to buy anything)? Or is it because he hasn't been a member prior to this?

--Jack

Jack, I agree wholeheartedly with you that it does indeed appear our new face was mostly answering questions and speaking generically about the music industry. From my personal opinion - and not that of a modertor - I say welcome to Francis, and hope he indeed feels welcome here. I've enjoyed reading his posts.

As much as one would say that there are certain "ideas" that many or most people would agree on regarding what should be allowed on a fanclub and what not, are there any specific MFC rules that cover this whole "other artists posting protocol"? I'd be interested to know, and I guess it will come in handy if someone else would decide to come and post.

No, there most certainly is not any existing policy on allowing or disallowing other artists to post about themselves - particularly in the Other Artists section, which is - gasp! - to discuss other artists. I suspect policy may be created in light of this - and feedback is appreciated.

We have policies against spambots hawking cell phones and such. Francis are you a spambot?

:poke:

I think I heard him yelp; I don't think he's a spambot. :naughty:

Francis, if you start invading the Mikagasmic thread being all like "yeah, if you think that's great - check out this pic of meee...it's Francisgasmic!!!" We might have to have a talk. But I see no problem with a musician posting in the other artists section.

too bad Ingie is a whore (oh no...wait... it's a good think?) :naughty: so join us... you will be only male in that thread... and all the girls around you... :roftl:

I'm a proud whore:mf_rosetinted:

Gosh we're so randomizing this thread:shocked:

that's a good point. i didn't mean for my post to become a huge ever-evolving topic

If anyone wants to connect to me on facebook or myspace you are cordially invited to join my world, and happy to answer any of your questions about Sellaband, the music, and Luke Juby - over there.

ps.

Maybe you should put up a discaimer on your forum saying "please note that the "other artists" section is really for MFC members to talk about other artists, but if you actually ARE an "other artist" please post somewhere else". that would make it clear. :-)

pps.

Mika's new album is going to rock!

Good news!!! :punk::punk::punk:

We have policies against spambots hawking cell phones and such. Francis are you a spambot?

If I am a spambot, i don't know it. But it is possible. Have you been watching the new Battlestar Galactica where there are cylons who don't know they're Cylons? Could be same thing going on here.

If I am a spambot, i don't know it. But it is possible. Have you been watching the new Battlestar Galactica where there are cylons who don't know they're Cylons? Could be same thing going on here.

LOL :lmfao: you may also be "the bucket" HA HA HA HA

hoi frankie so it u who nicked oor luke :naughty:

As I said in my post, this thread was fine to continue talking about

Francis in -- there was no need to start another thread. I didn't close

this thread or ban anyone. I just expressed my opinion that the

conversations were better suited to Francis's own sites.

But are you serious when you say he's not selling anything?

Not asking you to buy anything?

(Sorry to talk about you like you weren't here, Francis :)

He's selling himself, of course. And no, there's no album out yet,

but isn't his chatting you up here about

getting you to want to buy the album when it comes out? There's a

built-in fan base here -- Luke Juby fans who will be interested in

what Luke does, and will follow him to Francis's site/music. That's

fine -- I don't have a problem with Francis coming here to announce

that Luke is with his band now. But I just think it's more appropriate

for him to cultivate his new fans on his own forum or myspace.

When you discuss your art or your writing,

Jack, your ultimate goal is not to get fans to come to your

exhibitions or buy your stuff. Unless you have a book or an

art exhibit in the works that you haven't told me about :wink2:

That's not a problem.

But I think it's a bit dodgy to come on here

suddenly out of the blue and start saying: listen to my

music, spread the word about my music, I'm working on an album, etc.

Because the ultimate goal is to sell product.

That's just my perception.

dcdeb