Boy George plays with Mika on Mika's new album!!!!

mgpm

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

never heard of her...Amanda Ghost?

Amanda Ghost is most famous for writing You Are Beautiful...yes... that JAmes Blunt song..

You might love or hate her for that...:wink2:

As for Boy George, unfortunately, I was unable to download the video from Perez's site but you have to take anything he says with a pinch of salt...

He envies anyone who is better looking, more talented or simply more successful than him.

As for the music, much as I like his songs from Culture Club days, he seems to have completely lost it now, so I am not really excited about any kind of collaboration. In fact, I dread it happening ( but I don't think it will, anyway.. BG is just a compulsive liar.. :thumbdown:)

never heard of her...Amanda Ghost?

"Mika..yeah do you know him?"

"Oh, very well."

so what are people's opinions of Mika working with other famous music artists? Singing wise...because he worked with musicians that were quite well known..the whole orchestra and what not that did John William's stuff.

I think it's good! I'm pleased to hear he collaborates with other artists. Boy George and his group Culture Club were very big in the eighties, and wrote and sang really feel-good songs, like Mika does. I always liked Boy George

• 4 weeks later...

Had to d/l it to watch it, I quite enjoyed that interview, it was interesting, I like BG's voice, like unique sounding voices and he has one. I also like quite a few of his older songs.

Not sure what to expect with the song he has been working with Mika on but it will be interesting to hear it.

Heck, I'm 14 and I feel old!

I heard that Meeks said he'd never "dust his album sleeve with gold"

Hmm

Me too! I'm 14 and even I know him!:blink:

where did he that?

Some interview about plans for the new album. Dunno wich one though:naughty:

I heard that Meeks said he'd never "dust his album sleeve with gold"

Hmm

hmmm well I don't see anything wrong with colloaborations as long as it's for the right reasons.....If you do it just to get that person's name on your record, well that's not good, but I think collaborations can be healthy, insofar as artists can compare ideas and learn from each other.....

Also, having Boy George's name on Mika's album would not necessarily help to sell records, IMO.....Yeah he's an 80s icon or whatever, but having him on your album is not going to boost sales like, for example, Timbaland or whoever...know what I mean?

hi guys

this is my first post here

just stopped by because I love Mika's music and I wanted to find out what was going on in Mika world. :)

Lo and behold the first thing I see is a post about Boy George and Mika.

I am the webmaster of George's authorised UK site 100% Boy - http://www.boygeorgeuk.com and I have regular contact with George.

Some of you have called George an oldling lol...... he is only 47 lol..... does that make me and oldling then too... Im 36!

Nice to see that most of your are complimentory about George anyway. :)

Regarding Boy George and Mika....

God knows why George forgot Mika's name in the Perez interview - it must just have been a spur of the moment thing as George is usually really good with names.

George has been working with Mika on writing new tunes. Assisting Mika and Amanda Ghost, who is incidentally George's one of George's best friends.

Amanda does do her own music which is excellent, she has released a few albums. Google her and see.

She is best known though for her music writing after, as one of you said, writing the James Blunt mega-hit 'Youre Beautiful' and since then has been commisioned and written hits for the likes of Beyonce and Shakira, and is 'wanted' by other stars from Britney to Whitney!

Amanda has won 3 Ivor Novello awards for her music writing!

So..... it does not suprise me that Mika would want to work her. :)

George just went along to listen and assist on the writing for a couple of tracks, and whether the songs that George worked on with them will appear on the album, and whether George will get writing credits I do not know.

George, as far as I'm aware, does not sing with Mika on any of these tracks though.

George himself has not been as silent as some of you seem to think. He has constantly been writing music and singing as well as being a world class DJ.

He wrote a hit musical, West End and Broadway called Taboo which ran from 2002 to 2004.

He toured the UK at the beginning of the year and is touring again in October, with an American tour planned for next year.

He has a new single coming out in Oct (12th) called Yes We Can. and he is writing for his own album which is forthcoming.

Phew.... sorry about the long post!!!!

Anyway.... I'll go and see what else is going on in Mika world.

Ooh... and please visit the petition link on my signature. Its a very good cause. You never know - Mika's next single could be download only. Perish the thought. :)

Bye for now

xxxxxxxx

:welcomeani: Sessomy!

I'm afraid anyone over 30 is considered an Oldling here -- not fair to the 30-somethings, is it? to be classified along with Oldlings like me (I'm 48!).

But anyhow, thanks for the Boy George updates -- and for clarifying what he's been doing with Mika. Very interesting, indeed! :)

Hope you stick around here -- if you're interested in Mika news, this

is the place to be! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

hi guys

just stopped by because I love Mika's music and I wanted to find out what was going on in Mika world. :)

I am the webmaster of George's authorised UK site 100% Boy - http://www.boygeorgeuk.com and I have regular contact with George.

Some of you have called George an oldling lol...... he is only 47 lol..... does that make me and oldling then too... Im 36!

God knows why George forgot Mika's name in the Perez interview - it must just have been a spur of the moment thing as George is usually really good with names.

George has been working with Mika on writing new tunes. Assisting Mika and Amanda Ghost, who is incidentally George's one of George's best friends.

Amanda does do her own music which is excellent, she has released a few albums. Google her and see.

She is best known though for her music writing after, as one of you said, writing the James Blunt mega-hit 'Youre Beautiful' and since then has been commisioned and written hits for the likes of Beyonce and Shakira, and is 'wanted' by other stars from Britney to Whitney!

George just went along to listen and assist on the writing for a couple of tracks, and whether the songs that George worked on with them will appear on the album, and whether George will get writing credits I do not know.

George, as far as I'm aware, does not sing with Mika on any of these tracks though.

George himself has not been as silent as some of you seem to think. He has constantly been writing music and singing as well as being a world class DJ.

He wrote a hit musical, West End and Broadway called Taboo which ran from 2002 to 2004.

He toured the UK at the beginning of the year and is touring again in October, with an American tour planned for next year.

He has a new single coming out in Oct (12th) called Yes We Can. and he is writing for his own album which is forthcoming.

Ooh... and please visit the petition link on my signature. Its a very good cause. You never know - Mika's next single could be download only. Perish the thought. :)

Bye for now

xxxxxxxx

hi guys

Bye for now

xxxxxxxx

Thank you Sessomy for the info! It's also nice to hear what Boy George has been up to. I think it is often the case that we don't hear of someone for a while, and think that they are off the radar, but that's not always the case.

Enjoy yourself on the MFC, and continue to enjoy Mika, and tell Boy George to have Mika's name tattooed on his arm, so he won't forget it (just kidding)

• 2 weeks later...