LICM Piano Book

I cannot do that.... I don't have "the ear" you know? impossible... So I guess I'll stick to the sheets... lol

And I have noticed changes in Happy Ending, cause I had found the partitions on the Net before, and it's not the same...

Just a different key. Mika plays it in Dflat, and it is written in C on the book.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a different key. Mika plays it in Dflat, and it is written in C on the book.

I quite suck at reading music sheets too, but I try hard, promise lol.

Tu parles français? Bonjouuuuuuuuuuuuur! Fin, bonsoir plutôt lol

yeah what bothers me is the piano music is NOTHING like the original, and i wanted to play the original, which is why i brought the book.

AND a lot of the lyrics are incorrect.

it was a bit of a disapointment really...

That's worrying, I still haven't received mine.

I almost certainly wouldn't notice the musical changes, but if the lyrics are wrong...

I got mine today and have had a go at it.

I don't think they're really mistakes- more like adaptions for people who don't play as well as Mika and some of you, and for playing alone rather than with a band. I think I'm going to get a lot of pleasure out of it- there's no fun in being a purist.

What are people playing on- pianos, decent keyboards or cheapie children's keyboards like me?

• 6 months later...

Btw, do any of you who posess the LICM piano book wonder why the hell it says recorded a half step higher, and why they didn't transpose it and wrote the sheets like that? They sound wrong like they're written, and some of them have some really obvious mistakes, but that I think we all know that.

Even though I wouldn't consider myself as "very good music reading level" I have noticed that the LICM piano book contains some mistakes. I agree that it seems like a silly idea to put "recorded half a step higher" and not just put the original notes.

But I don't really mind: I just like having the book around. :wink2:

Same here, I can only play Over My Shoulder. The structure of the songs aren't so easy for someone with less than a year of lessons, but I hope someday I can play a complete one, because I get to the end of Over My Shoulder and it's too hard. My problem is co ordination:thumbdown:

I'm trying Erase now though, it sounds so beautiful on the piano alone with the right hand doing the mellody and the chords on the left hand.

Same here, I can only play Over My Shoulder. The structure of the songs aren't so easy for someone with less than a year of lessons, but I hope someday I can play a complete one, because I get to the end of Over My Shoulder and it's too hard. My problem is co ordination:thumbdown:

I'm trying Erase now though, it sounds so beautiful on the piano alone with the right hand doing the mellody and the chords on the left hand.

the songs are definitely not very easy to play. even if you had piano lessons for years you still have to practice a lot to make them sound right.

if you find it difficult to play a song you can play only the mellody of the voclas with your right hand and not all the notes that are meant to be played by it, thats a lot easier.

I bought the book online 2days ago, I have so much mika stuff but this really was something that was 'not so necessary' :naughty: not that all the singles were necessary but I don't know how to play an instrument...not one :blush-anim-cl: but I'm happy I bought it, I can always watch the pictures:mf_rosetinted:

I bought the book online 2days ago, I have so much mika stuff but this really was something that was 'not so necessary' :naughty: not that all the singles were necessary but I don't know how to play an instrument...not one :blush-anim-cl: but I'm happy I bought it, I can always watch the pictures:mf_rosetinted:

maybe it'll motivate you to learn how to play an instrument.

the songs are definitely not very easy to play. even if you had piano lessons for years you still have to practice a lot to make them sound right.

if you find it difficult to play a song you can play only the mellody of the voclas with your right hand and not all the notes that are meant to be played by it, thats a lot easier.

Yeah... Guess so:thumbdown: I bet if I put it in front of my piano teacher she would play the whole songs, she's brilliant:shocked:

Well yeah but then it's hard to play it at the same time with the left hand.. I'm still with less than a year of lessons, so doing that is still hard for me.. Doing different things at the same time has always been hard for me.:no:

I hope someday I can play them.. I will!:roftl:

I bought the book online 2days ago, I have so much mika stuff but this really was something that was 'not so necessary' :naughty: not that all the singles were necessary but I don't know how to play an instrument...not one :blush-anim-cl but I'm happy I bought it, I can always watch the pictures:mf_rosetinted

Well I didn't know well how to play the piano, only the guitar when I bought it so:roftl: But as you get better when learning it gets easier! If you're interested, you should try and learn how to play some instruments.:thumb_yello:

And still, I think it's nice to look trough the pages, and yeah, see the pics and how it's all composed...

• 1 month later...

I have the sheet music for Relax Acoustic somewhere as a PDF file but it might take me a while to find it but that's not very helpful if you can't read music I guess..

do you still have the file? would it be possible to send it to me?

thats what i did. but i thought it was a book about Mika so i got it for my birthday the year it came out. but i don't play an instrument. but the pictures are cool:naughty:

I bought this book a while ago in Amsterdam :)

But basically, the music in the book´s wrong, the lyrics are not exactly right and Mika didn´t know about this book being published, right? Ha! But it´s still a nice book, obviously.

Too much to multi quote but I think the half a step higher thing is so that the songs are in an easier key. The first ever song I learnt on the piano was Happy Ending in C but after 6 months or so I was able to transpose it and play it in C# which sound so much nicer.

Also, as I only started playing in June last year, I too find it hard to bring everything together and play the stuff in the songbook. It is getting easier with time and I'm finding the EP songs better to tackle as they are purposely simple tunes. Obviously Toyboy was my first ever go at playing and singing at the same time!! Now Lonely Alcky is getting the treatment! :roftl::roftl:

It seems to me that EVERYONE is better at playing the piano than me but I'm trying to learn very fast indeed!! :naughty: