2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Westerpark - Amsterdam

Christine

And that is exactly what I mean, when I say that Mika himself seems to "promote" bad behaviour, by rewarding people who skip the rules (which were SO clearly laid out that night by security).

When others see this, they think: "I will ask next time as well", and this causes so much trouble.

If there are no pics, there are no pics.

It shouldn't be the case of: there are no pics for the polite ones who follow the rules, but if you're rude and cheeky you get whatever you want.

Boo.:thumbdown:

You're right,still can't really say what I mean in English :naughty:

It WAS clearly said,and by giving (rude and cheeky) people their way,it will encourage people to act like that also :thumbdown: I agree with you also Sienna,I think it's not easy for Mika,but if he'll stick by the rules,it will become a bit easier for him too :wink2: Rules are rules,for EVERYBODY!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But it can’t be easy for Mika himself to say no to people who are insisting and talks him into having their picture taken, and are claiming his attention.:blink:

To set boundaries or draw the line for other (grown up) people is really hard!

That man was quite pushy - on my video you can see him waving his

arm about to attract Mika's attention - and he had also spoken to John

before the gig saying he NEEDED to speak to Mika!!

I agree, Sienna, it can't be easy for Mika, and he tries to please everyone as much as he can, but as Shady says, if he follows the rules (that he sets) and makes everyone follow them, it will get easier for him.

By "training" people that they won't get anything by being pushy, people will stop being pushy.

So that was THAT guy??!!

I can't believe it. He told John that he had to speak to Mika cause he'd followed him all over Europe. I was thinking: yeah mate, like another 150 people here, and we've gone to more places I'm sure cause I never saw your face before! HA!

You'd think that, at his age, he'd know better.

I agree, Sienna, it can't be easy for Mika, and he tries to please everyone as much as he can, but as Shady says, if he follows the rules (that he sets) and makes everyone follow them, it will get easier for him.

By "training" people that they won't get anything by being pushy, people will stop being pushy.

So that was THAT guy??!!

I can't believe it. He told John that he had to speak to Mika cause he'd followed him all over Europe. I was thinking: yeah mate, like another 150 people here, and we've gone to more places I'm sure cause I never saw your face before! HA!

You'd think that, at his age, he'd know better.

Was that the guy with the baseball cap, who was shouting at his girlfriend before we went into the venue? He was nuts!!!

And like you say most of us there fell into that category, so what made him so special?

Was that the guy with the baseball cap, who was shouting at his girlfriend before we went into the venue? He was nuts!!!

And like you say most of us there fell into that category, so what made him so special?

No,that was another person,but I know who you mean.

And you're right,what makes him so special? :wink2:

No,that was another :thumbdown: one,but I better can't tell you about it on here:naughty: And you're right,what makes him so special? :wink2:

That is the problem: that his technique worked.He was pushy, bent the rules, requested something that we had specifically been told not to ask, and he got a positive response from Mika.

I know that it must be hard for Mika to be faced with all these requests, and one could argue that he can never win, etc, but he really should know better than to say yes to someone in that situation, because there are another 200 people in the room who want the same thing, yet are not asking due to respect and decency.

But if he says yes to the ones who do ask, it's a bit like a slap in the face to the ones who follow the rules, and maybe some of them will decide to join the "disrespectful" ones next time.

He should use training techniques on fans, like you train dogs or kids: Reward good behaviour and ignore bad.

It always works, and would make these fan situations a whole nicer place to be :naughty:.

He can practise on the fans before he gets an actual dog, so that he knows what he's doing by the time he gets one.

That is the problem: that his technique worked.He was pushy, bent the rules, requested something that we had specifically been told not to ask, and he got a positive response from Mika.

I know that it must be hard for Mika to be faced with all these requests, and one could argue that he can never win, etc, but he really should know better than to say yes to someone in that situation, because there are another 200 people in the room who want the same thing, yet are not asking due to respect and decency.

But if he says yes to the ones who do ask, it's a bit like a slap in the face to the ones who follow the rules, and maybe some of them will decide to join the "disrespectful" ones next time.

He should use training techniques on fans, like you train dogs or kids: Reward good behaviour and ignore bad.

It always works, and would make these fan situations a whole nicer place to be :naughty:.

He can practise on the fans before he gets an actual dog, so that he knows what he's doing by the time he gets one.

Haha, that’s hilarious!

Dogs and kids… love it!:wub2:

There’s a bitsie-witsie difference though… kids are supposed to be independent thinking beings eventually but let’s not care about that!:bleh:

But I like the idea of Mika practising on the fans, that’s good.

Although I’ve had the opportunity to meet Mika several times by now, every time (except from the one in Stockholm) the minute I have tried to talk to him someone else has slipped in between and “stole” his attention.

But…I don’t know…shrugs…I guess I’m not interesting enough!

Just kidding…not pushy enough!:naughty:

I haven’t done anything special for the fan club or been a part of some project, well except the RAH T-shirt of course and Humphrey and the official petition, but those are things he doesn’t know anything about.

I’m sure he doesn’t recognize me either, but it doesn’t matter, it’s not a big deal to me, it’s nice to have the opportunity to say hi to him anyway.

Although I’ve had the opportunity to meet Mika several times by now, every time (except from the one in Stockholm) the minute I have tried to talk to him someone else has slipped in between and “stole” his attention.

But…I don’t know…shrugs…I guess I’m not interesting enough!

Just kidding…not pushy enough!:naughty:

I know! And this is so frustrating.

It's like driving on the motor-way. I keep the safety distance for safety, not that just any heedless w@nkers can squeeze in without looking left or right, even if there is no space to do so.

With Mika I'm soo bad using my slot before somebody else does it the moment I draw breath to start.... if I get there at all, that is. :roftl:

But then doing the same just to get my turn, that's way beneath me. :bleh:

I haven’t done anything special for the fan club or been a part of some project, well except the RAH T-shirt of course and Humphrey and the official petition, but those are things he doesn’t know anything about.

I’m sure he doesn’t recognize me either, but it doesn’t matter, it’s not a big deal to me, it’s nice to have the opportunity to say hi to him anyway.

Don't even think in categories like these. :roftl:

Honestly, I'm convinced that the fanclub projects are a bit overrated when it comes to Mika. I can't imagine they mean so much to him at all. Or that he considers his fans worthy or not due to the number of fanclub projects they were in. :roftl: Getting through to him is really much more about making yourself heard or having a Sara or a Ioana to push you. :roftl:

I'm not saying that those 'projects' are complete nonsense or waste. But IMHO they are for the fans more than for Mika and still - or maybe because of that - they're fun.

• 4 weeks later...

wow! Great reports and amazing pics! I took me a while to read it all :naughty:

Thank you Sariflor and all the others who made a resuming of all the reports and vids and pics at the beginning of the threads, I think it bacame neccessary!

I can't stop watching My Interpretation :roftl:

wow! Great reports and amazing pics! I took me a while to read it all :naughty:

Thank you Sariflor and all the others who made a resuming of all the reports and vids and pics at the beginning of the threads, I think it bacame neccessary!

I can't stop watching My Interpretation :roftl:

HAAHAHA!! :roftl: How random is this, nearly 3 months after the gig :naughty:

I'm glad that you are enjoying it