But Remus is hot!!!

I think I read too many cartoons about Remus and Sirius to be able to think of them in a purely platonic sense...

And keep in mind that Jacob's only a kid... and as hot as Taylor Lautner is, he's still jail bait...

And that is where I'll leave... feel free to argue the virtues of Twilight in my absence... :naughty:

JAIL BAIT!!!! :lmao:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

I think that Harry Potter and Twilight are very very but very different.

Harry Potter is adventure and friendship. When it appeared in my country I was too small to like it and to enjoy it for what it really is. I think the movies are great, very spectacular and I do like some of the actors like Richard Harris, Robbie Coltrane, Maggie Smith, Ralph Fiennes ... (I liked Robert Thomas Pattinson before seeing him in Twilight and I thought of him back than that he was ... weird in a fine way)

Twilight "attacked" me just on time! I got SO into the romatic stuff last summer (mostly classics) that I was "prepared" for it. The first and most important thing was not the fact that he was a vampire ... not the fact that it was already popular(I just found out later that it was HUGE)... not the fact that the movie was about to come out... just that I am very much like Bella in some ways... I rarely find myself in characters from books.

AND about the fictional characters... I don't think we want them to start a war against each other, right? :naughty:

Hello!

AND about the fictional characters... I don't think we want them to start a war against each other, right? :naughty:

I agree very much. I love:wub2: both series very much, and I don't think I could ever compare them. When I want to read a romance, I'll read Twilight. When I want to read about adventure and friendship, I'll read Harry Potter. Now, when I want to read a book with a stupid main character, it's a toss up because I find Harry and Bella to be extremely annoying their stupidity.

I don't want to start a war either. I think it would be kind of hard to start a war between the fans because there are a lot of people who like both Twilight and Harry Potter.

I COULDN'T AGREE M O R E!!!!!! ♥ I think that is why New Moon is my fave of all the books!!!!

For sure!

my biggest issue with Twilight series is that the endings in New Moon and Breaking Dawn are very anti climactic (strangely enough, both involve the Volturi)... I personally think that Eclipse is an awesome climax...

JAIL BAIT!!!! :lmao:

Well he is!!! He's only 16... way too young.... If he were 18 that wouldn't be a preoblem :das:

Hello!

Harry Potter is adventure and friendship. When it appeared in my country I was too small to like it and to enjoy it for what it really is. I think the movies are great, very spectacular and I do like some of the actors like Richard Harris, Robbie Coltrane, Maggie Smith, Ralph Fiennes ... (I liked Robert Thomas Pattinson before seeing him in Twilight and I thought of him back than that he was ... weird in a fine way)

Twilight "attacked" me just on time! I got SO into the romatic stuff last summer (mostly classics) that I was "prepared" for it. The first and most important thing was not the fact that he was a vampire ... not the fact that it was already popular(I just found out later that it was HUGE)... not the fact that the movie was about to come out... just that I am very much like Bella in some ways... I rarely find myself in characters from books.

Now that you mention a war between characters... My sister was reading a fan fiction with Harry Potter, Twilight and Buffy characters... apparently it wasn't very good, but it's mad eme think of writing a story featuring Twilight and HP characters... would anyone be interested in reading one if I wrote it?

I really enjoyed the adventure part of HP, and I found that the characters (even the minor ones) were really well developed...

I get the whole idea of Bella not having too much personality so more people can relate to her, but I found it a little bit annoying... I guess I'm a bit more into really understanding how characters think and act rather than being able to relate to them... I'm not saying that Adda or any other people who can relate to Bella are wrong, it's just that I found it a bit distracting (that and i almost never relate to characters in books)...

IMO Edward was about hte only character that had some sort of depth to him, and I guess to an extent I found him intruiging...

I know it sounds like I really dislike Twilight, but I actually quite enjoyed it... and I only read it because my sister said I had to read it... I really enjoy Stephenie's writing, especially the interactions between most of the characters (Adding Leah into the mix I though was a great little tension builder).I think that at times the whole argument between Bella and Edward about being turned gets in the way of the story... it's fine for a while, but at times she's constantly mentioning how she wants to be turned...

Now, when I want to read a book with a stupid main character, it's a toss up because I find Harry and Bella to be extremely annoying their stupidity.

:lmfao:

That is incredibly true!

I found Harry was a pain in the butt with his emo attitude in Order of hte Phoenix... I just wanted to climb into the book, slap him and say "Wake up to yourself!!!"

Okay, I have a question for everyone...

What is your favourite book out of the Harry Potter series OR Twilight... or if you like both, which book out of both series do you like?

From HP, I love Deathly Hallows... the last part when they're grown up I could've done without, but it was amazing how Jo described the fights and the search for the horcruxes... The last part was an absolute waste (and it read like a 14 year old fangirl wrote it... badly)...

From Twilight, I love New Moon... I think it's great ot see a bit of Jacob's point of view, and as I said before, I love Bella and Jacob's interactions before he turns...

I haven't read Twilight or watched the movie, but I guess I'll always prefer a wizard to a vampire... :naughty: Besides, the HP books are among my faves EVER!

So...HARRY POTTER! :punk:

Edited by Mary

Harry Potter.:punk:.

I'm tired of people talking about Twilight with me, all the time saying 'You have to read the books, watch the movie, it's awesome !!'. I don't have anything against Twilight, it's just the people that annoy me all the time with it. It doesn't bother me people talking about it with other Twilight fans, it just annoys me when they talk about it with me and try to convince me.

I haven't read the books, I haven't seen the movie and I'm not planning to do it. I don't like vampires. Love stories make me sick :puke:.

So, I choose Harry Potter.:bleh:. I'm a huge fan. I've read all the books. But I'm a fan of the books, not of the movies. The movies are great, but the books are a whole different thing.

Harry Potter.

I'm tired of people talking about Twilight with me, all the time saying 'You have to read the books, watch the movie, it's awesome !!'. I don't have anything against Twilight, it's just the people that annoy me all the time with it. It doesn't bother me people talking about it with other Twilight fans, it just annoys me when they talk about it with me and try to convince me.

I haven't read the books, I haven't seen the movie and I'm not planning to do it. I don't like vampires. Love stories make me sick :puke:.

So, I choose Harry Potter.:bleh:. I'm a huge fan. I've read all the books. But I'm a fan of the books, not of the movies. The movies are great, but the books are a whole different thing.

AAHHHHH!!!!!! :eek:

YOU SOUND JUST LIKE ME -- (before I saw the movie and read the books) :tongue2:

I HATED everyone ALWAYS talking about it and going on and on and on and on! I would never go see the movie with them . . I didn't CARE what all the fuss was about! I KNEW I would never be obsessed with it - NOT ME!

Then I finally went to see it with my son (who had already seen it once) and when I left the theater I was like :shocked: I wanted to see it again RIGHT THEN! I was hooked -- went straight and got the first book! And the rest as they say -- is history!!!! :wink2: I am about as obsessed as they come!

On the contrary -- I detest Harry Potter! :naughty:

AAHHHHH!!!!!! :eek:

YOU SOUND JUST LIKE ME -- (before I saw the movie and read the books) :tongue2:

I HATED everyone ALWAYS talking about it and going on and on and on and on! I would never go see the movie with them . . I didn't CARE what all the fuss was about! I KNEW I would never be obsessed with it - NOT ME!

Then I finally went to see it with my son (who had already seen it once) and when I left the theater I was like :shocked: I wanted to see it again RIGHT THEN! I was hooked -- went straight and got the first book! And the rest as they say -- is history!!!! :wink2: I am about as obsessed as they come!

On the contrary -- I detest Harry Potter! :naughty:

yeah holly!

but i know her.. she won`t read Twilight :naughty:

i tryed to make her read the books but i give up :bleh:

:lol3:.

A lot of people have tried to make me read the books. Even my best friend.:naughty:.

well.. i read Twilight because Cintia and Rominita were always talking in the arggie of Twilight and i was :blink: who is Edward? O.o

so.. i read the books after a while :naughty:

and i`m trying to get Dracula.. Vero said it was a good book :bleh:

yeah holly!

but i know her.. she won`t read Twilight :naughty:

i tryed to make her read the books but i give up :bleh:

:lol3:.

A lot of people have tried to make me read the books. Even my best friend.:naughty:.

I think the KEY is to stop trying to make her! That is what happened with me! After all of the ridiculous (so I thought) hype . . . and begging to go to the movie -- I decided on my own terms that I WANTED to check it out - just to see for myself what all the fuss was about . . . NEVER thinking that I would actually LIKE it for one second! O M G . . . it is CRAZY how I love Twilight -- I put Twilight right up there with Mika and Rufus :mf_rosetinted:

I think the KEY is to stop trying to make her! That is what happened with me! After all of the ridiculous (so I thought) hype . . . and begging to go to the movie -- I decided on my own terms that I WANTED to check it out - just to see for myself what all the fuss was about . . . NEVER thinking that I would actually LIKE it for one second! O M G . . . it is CRAZY how I love Twilight -- I put Twilight right up there with Mika and Rufus :mf_rosetinted:

Exactly.:naughty:. Maybe when the fever stops a bit and nobody talks to me about it again, I'll watch the movie. Actually, I was thinking about that the other day.

But even if I go and I like the movie, I'll always prefer Harry Potter.:punk:.

Hard, I'm reading Twilight now and I really like it, but for the books I'd choose Harry, for the movie, well it's a tie because Edward is simply irresistible but the HP ones are amusing in general. Hmmm...In the end I'd have to go for Harry, but it's close:naughty: