REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Saturday Night Fiber - Madrid

Christine

Well, I was wondering the same...

I still want my autograph and my pic with Mika! :sneaky2:

After what happened in Portugal after the show, I'm not sure if I will ever have that chance.

Actually, if I had been in the Madrid M&G I don't know what I would do... You see, I'm an MFC'er since the beggining (does that count?) and I've never met Mika, I've never had his autograph and I've never taken a pic with him. Would I be allowed to do that? Or I'd had go to the artists entrance and wait for Mika to get out? :naughty:

I'm not against these kind of M&G, I'm glad it all went well, but I feel that this is becoming more of a "VIP" thing. :blink:

Being an mfcer, the next organised M&G that's on at a gig you go to, you'll be in no problem. If you talk to the person who is helping organise it, see if it can be arranged, it really all depends on how Mikas feeling after the show.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As you say "waiting by the artist's entrance" I don't know if that's gonna change anything, don't think if we have meet & greets that Mika will be doing that outside signing-stuff he used to do .. Or am I thinking wrong here?

After spending 90 minutes with us in Brixton he went outside and signed autographs for the people who had been waiting hours for him and weren't at the party.

Obviously I don't know what he's going to do in the future but, well, that's his choice. If these meet and greets turn into autograph and photo taking sessions for 100 people he's just not going to be able to do them on a regular basis. He's either going to have to scale back drastically on the numbers of people allowed in or limit the frequency.

It all comes down to do you want to attend a meet and greet with Mika or not? We all want to talk to him, get photos, and get posters signed at every gig but it's simply not possible anymore. He's got too many fans and if we want access to him there has to be a compromise somewhere.

I have seen sessions in the US where he signed autographs for 200 people in line and honestly I don't know why anyone would want that. He barely lifted his head to say hi to people, just kept moving down the line and signing. We got more real interaction with him in Toronto in 10 minutes than they got in 2 hours.

If this is more important to you, by all means wait around where he is signing autographs. But if you are at a meet and greet where he and the other fans have requested that he doesn't sign autographs, you have to respect that.

Well, I was wondering the same...

I still want my autograph and my pic with Mika! :sneaky2:

After what happened in Portugal after the show, I'm not sure if I will ever have that chance.

Actually, if I had been in the Madrid M&G I don't know what I would do... You see, I'm an MFC'er since the beggining (does that count?) and I've never met Mika, I've never had his autograph and I've never taken a pic with him. Would I be allowed to do that? Or I'd had go to the artists entrance and wait for Mika to get out? :naughty:

I'm not against these kind of M&G, I'm glad it all went well, but I feel that this is becoming more of a "VIP" thing. :blink:

It's not that I really need that autograph .. if I never get it so be it .. Meeting Mika is always better :wink2:

But most of the people in the M&G now are people that have met him at least once, a lot of people more than once .. I'm pretty sure they have at least 1 autograph and probably also 1 picture and that's something that the people who couldn't go to gigs before never can get? Maybe not true, but it's the feeling I have at the moment...

(and maybe I shouldn't say anything, because I do have an autograph from him :blush-anim-cl: although I wasn't there when he gave it, it was thanks to Carina in London ..)

That is just shameful :thumbdown: Some people just don't understand the meaning of respect and manners.

Ha ha, I bet that was the best entertainment when Mika wasn't performing yet :naughty:

Hahaha, they were! Know what? They don't deserve a single line more, we're far too important to give these pricks so much attention.

Oooh lucky girl! :das::das:

Thanks for the reports. Sounds like a fabulous gig.

I can't wait to hear from Queenie and Mirtilla!

Hahaha, yep. It was a fabulous weekend all together, Mika was the icing of the cake.

Ha ha, that rocks:naughty:!

Where were they from?

Hahahaha, indeed! They were Spanish, Mika was talking to them in Spanish, I heard them and I kindda sneaked into the conversation. He seemed grateful and from that moment on he only looked at me while he talked:roftl: Classy gal I am:mf_rosetinted:

Thanks for the report, i wish i was there but sadly i wasnt. :naughty:

Sorry :blush-anim-cl:

Carina - your report was lovely - but Fred and Caz are English, not

Scottish - unless there is something they have not told me!!! :wink2::roftl:

Although Fred DOES look dashing in a kilt!!! :naughty:

Damn... I must have been sleeping while writing that report :roftl:

jemma was so badly pushed that when in she cried..

WTH? :puke:

This is really the kind of stress that can spoil it all. I can see very well how this kind of moronic attack can be the final straw after travelling, a day in the heat, some unbearable noise and sleep deprivation, a fantastic show and the prospect of a civilized M&G, without any PITAs following Mika around and getting on everybody's nerves.

so i remembered someone told me once i'm a bit assertive...i wanted to be assertive that night and i talked to those ppl saying:

now you are in and you should not be here, listen to me very carefully: don't ask for pics, don't ask for autographs, this is a meeting of mikafanclub with mika and he's the main man of this meeting, it's a private party and you must behave!

man

i think i scared them , my look must have chilled them down. they quite behaved, or at least they did not spoil the moment!

Well, if they were the kind of people to make others cry and stick at nothing to collect their hugs and kisses and whatnot, I hope you scared them.

then he was so nice, so nice...he stopped at any seat talking (or trying too...he was hoarse!), taking gifts in a bag sariflor gave him (thanks sarah...he was having problems!) and being always smiling and lovely and polite to anyone.

he was there directly from the stage, it was so late he would not have his usual shower. but he didn't smell! can you believe me?

Robiii! I hope you didn't sniff or anything :thumbdown:

then we briefly talked about the RAH concert...sariflor had forgotten to ask him why he said it's hard to play there so she came over to me and we asked together...it's not because it's hard to find a date there, not because of the acoustic...he was having a funny face trying to say why...so i asked 'because it's too serious a place?' and he said ' Yes! this is....!'

Oh, you were wearing your RAH shirt! Too bad he doesn't seem to fancy the idea AT ALL. That made me :roftl: ... and a bit :emot-sad:

But you had your moment and from how you describe it, I can see it was a good one. :wub2:

The first real MFC M&G was a success this time, we knew each other and we knew what to do. no one of us needed a pic or an autograph and we were all tired enough to stay seated how they asked!!!

i'm so pleased i was there and i'm sure more will follow!

Reading this, I really wish I could have been there. *sigh*

Did all the MFC people attending the gig make it to the M&G?

At last the first part of my report. Forgive my bad English today, I'm a tad tired stillHope you understand everything, hehehe.

I understood everything :roftl:

Thanks!

I really enjoyed reading that, because it really really sounds like you had a lot of fun! But hey, of course! You're the fantastic girl! :thumb_yello:

It is 5 am, Mika is hoarse and tired and the meet and greet is for MFCers. If you think getting an autograph or a photo is more important than speaking to Mika you don't belong there IMO.

I'd even go so far as to say in that case you have understood nothing. And you don't even know about the experience you're doing yourself out of, asking for that fan stuff instead of using your slot for something a bit less random.

Hahahaha, indeed! They were Spanish, Mika was talking to them in Spanish, I heard them and I kindda sneaked into the conversation. He seemed grateful and from that moment on he only looked at me while he talked:roftl: Classy gal I am:mf_rosetinted:

that must have been so cool!

Hahaha, they were! Know what? They don't deserve a single line more, we're far too important to give these pricks so much attention.

Hahaha, yep. It was a fabulous weekend all together, Mika was the icing of the cake.

Aww, you rescued him, that's cool:wink2:.

After spending 90 minutes with us in Brixton he went outside and signed autographs for the people who had been waiting hours for him and weren't at the party.

Obviously I don't know what he's going to do in the future but, well, that's his choice. If these meet and greets turn into autograph and photo taking sessions for 100 people he's just not going to be able to do them on a regular basis. He's either going to have to scale back drastically on the numbers of people allowed in or limit the frequency.

It all comes down to do you want to attend a meet and greet with Mika or not? We all want to talk to him, get photos, and get posters signed at every gig but it's simply not possible anymore. He's got too many fans and if we want access to him there has to be a compromise somewhere.

I have seen sessions in the US where he signed autographs for 200 people in line and honestly I don't know why anyone would want that. He barely lifted his head to say hi to people, just kept moving down the line and signing. We got more real interaction with him in Toronto in 10 minutes than they got in 2 hours.

If this is more important to you, by all means wait around where he is signing autographs. But if you are at a meet and greet where he and the other fans have requested that he doesn't sign autographs, you have to respect that.

I know he has done that in the past, but has he done the same with this tour? I'm not sure, so that's why I'm asking .. I know it was impossible to meet him at Werchter, and we had the meet & greet in Amsterdam. Don't know if he came out after, but I don't think he did (wich I totally understand because he was really exhausted.. getting the M&G already was something he shouldn't have done but he did :wub2:).

That signing-thing what you talk about isn't something I'm looking forward to, a bit interaction is always nice :wink2:

But I just don't get why I get this reaction:

I never said getting that an autograph was more important to me (and even if it was (wich isn't, just to make that clear again),where do you wait? You never know what he's going to do or where he does it). And I was at the M&G in Amsterdam, I respected everything they said, so this little piece of text shouldn't be there I think, or at least not directed at me like it seems to be :wink2:

I'm not against these kind of M&G, I'm glad it all went well, but I feel that this is becoming more of a "VIP" thing (and always with the same people involved). :blink:

I'm not sure you would have had much option in Madrid. From what I understand last week Mika had agreed to a meeting for 5 minutes. That's hardly enough time to sign autographs and take photos with 20+ people.

We're trying to set a precedent by respecting Mika's time and his wishes, so that he'll be happy to do these meet and greets on a more regular basis. Then it won't be such a VIP thing and you and many other fans will be able to meet him in the future.

Just for the record I've seen Mika 6 times, I've been pretty much face to face with him on a couple of occasions and I've even been to a party with him and I still don't have an autograph or a photo. So I'm not saying this from the position of someone who's already got what they want and doesn't care if others are left out. This is just the reality of the situation. It's not January 2007 anymore.

It's not that I really need that autograph .. if I never get it so be it .. Meeting Mika is always better :wink2:

But most of the people in the M&G now are people that have met him at least once, a lot of people more than once .. I'm pretty sure they have at least 1 autograph and probably also 1 picture and that's something that the people who couldn't go to gigs before never can get? Maybe not true, but it's the feeling I have at the moment...

(and maybe I shouldn't say anything, because I do have an autograph from him :blush-anim-cl: although I wasn't there when he gave it, it was thanks to Carina in London ..)

That's what I was talking about when I said "VIP"...

I know what you mean. I can get an autograph too, the same way you did, but I'm talking about the whole situation of meeting Mika, ask him for an autograph, take a pic and talk a bit. I'd love to get that chance...

These kind of M&G don't give us that, apparently...

I hope you understand what I'm saying here... Don't want to offend anyone, ok? Please! :naughty:

I just don't like the way things are going, because there's always the same group of people meeting Mika (and I'm happy for them, it's good to know Mika is nice to the fans and remembers them) but...what about the other people? The other fans, who don't have the chance to travel to other countries to go to the shows and to these meetings, or even those who live in countries Mika has never been to?

I feel that now we need to have a special "status" to meet Mika. :blink:

why is it so difficult to understand?

i only wanted those ppl ( not MFCers, just ppl pushing their way into our private M&G with him...we had given john a list with our real names!!!) not to spoil our M&G as it happened in the past...so i scared them!!!!

because if someone starts asking for something...then the others follow...then chaos takes place!!!

yes

i was rude and bossy...but hey! i was determìned not to have the moment go nuts!

i didn't want to read more angry posts after a M&G!!!

oh, thanks i just didnt understand. i didnt know the details and so.

i didnt try to say that you did something bad, i just asked.

sorry for confusing. :wink2:

im glad everything went ok and you had a great time :)

Reading this, I really wish I could have been there. *sigh*

Did all the MFC people attending the gig make it to the M&G?

I understood everything

Thanks!

I really enjoyed reading that, because it really really sounds like you had a lot of fun! But hey, of course! You're the fantastic girl! :thumb_yello:

I wish you had! It was special in every way:wub2:

I don't think all MFCers got in the M&G, but def. all the people in the list and some extras (after all, Ana and Mirti were already inside:wink2:)

Great! I did have loads of fun, and of course, I'm The Fantastic Girl, it could not be any other way:roftl:

Hahaha, it was my duty:bleh: The Fantastic Girl is always alert!:naughty:

That's what I was talking about when I said "VIP"...

I know what you mean. I can get an autograph too, the same way you did, but I'm talking about the whole situation of meeting Mika, ask him for an autograph, take a pic and talk a bit. I'd love to get that chance...

These kind of M&G don't give us that, apparently...

I hope you understand what I'm saying here... Don't want to offend anyone, ok? Please! :naughty:

I just don't like the way things are going, because there's always the same group of people meeting Mika (and I'm happy for them, it's good to know Mika is nice to the fans and remembers them) but...what about the other people? The other fans, who don't have the chance to travel to other countries to go to the shows and to these meetings, or even those who live in countries Mika has never been to?

Going back to my earlier post, you are a member of MFC, if you go to a gig where they organise an MFC M&G, you will be invited to it, therefore you get to meet and talk to him. Obviously it's not going to be every gig, and it's sad for people who are not at that particular show, but at some point, it will happen for you, I'm sure.

And he did sign stuff after the Paris gig, I think because they couldn't get the M&G organised in time.

i really agree with you, i mean there are people who have been to gigs some 5 or more times, and Mika knows them, talks to them and i am sure they have autographs, so they dont need them anymore and the have something to talk about with mika. but if i would meet him, he wont recognize me cause i havent been to a gig yet, so what would I say ?

bossy robertina is happy now!:naughty:

i feel like i'm a sort of mfc bodyguard! :roftl::roftl:

i still don't know if someone else told them off that night, apart from me and TBQ, but i think most of us tried to do something.

they were just too strong and rude to be welcomed!

and please...don't be sad about the autograph/pic session you might miss in the future....it's as Christine says, if you belong to MFC and things are organized by and for MFC you will sure be in.

if the M&G is small..why not? and it depends on what mika managers announce at the beginning of a M&G anyway...sometimes we simply cannot decide!

but letting ppl simply go to mika for this in a private small M&G would mean SUICIDE!

i'm glad they behaved at the end...maybe they would do even without my speech, after all i don't know them personally...but the way they were pushing as mad was really too scaring and forecasted bad moments.

i still don't know if someone else told them off that night, apart from me and TBQ, but i think most of us tried to do something.

and please...don't be sad about the autograph/pic session you might miss in the future....it's as Christine says, if you belong to MFC and things are organized by and for MFC you will sure be in.

if the M&G is small..why not? and it depends on what mika managers announce at the beginning of a M&G anyway...sometimes we simply cannot decide!

but letting ppl simply go to mika for this in a private small M&G would mean SUICIDE!

i'm glad they behaved at the end...maybe they would do even without my speech, after all i don't know them personally...but the way they were pushing as mad was really too scaring and forecasted bad moments.

robertina you're not bossy, you were just doing the right thing since nobody wants the m&g to be ruined by a few people's bad behaviour. it's still a good thing that at the end they behaved well.

Robi, you did well, I do know them and have had problems with some of them in the past. I'm sure they would have pester Mika if we hadn't told them off, they're selfish and hysterical, you also suffered some of them yourself during the gig, right?

About the signing thing, I agree with you completely.

After my run in with some stupid people in Amsterdam, I wasn't going to have anything to do with helping out for aftershow activities, but now I'll stand shoulder to elbow with you Robi:naughty:.

I'm not sure, so that's why I'm asking .. I know it was impossible to meet him at Werchter, and we had the meet & greet in Amsterdam. Don't know if he came out after, but I don't think he did (wich I totally understand because he was really exhausted.. getting the M&G already was something he shouldn't have done but he did :wub2:).

I don't know how accurate this is, but I was told that the meet and greet was totally impromptu and people were just brought inside because it was raining. So he was doing it in lieu of greeting people outside like he normally does, not in addition to. It wasn't an MFC-arranged meet and greet.

If Mika doesn't feel like giving autographs on any given day, he's not going to. Whether there's a meet and greet first or not. That's been the case at half of the gigs I've been to. It's entirely luck of the draw and unless he decides to do pre-arranged meet and greets where he agrees to give autographs, that's not going to change.

But I just don't get why I get this reaction:

I never said getting that an autograph was more important to me (and even if it was (wich isn't, just to make that clear again),where do you wait? You never know what he's going to do or where he does it). And I was at the M&G in Amsterdam, I respected everything they said, so this little piece of text shouldn't be there I think, or at least not directed at me like it seems to be :wink2:

My comments are not related to the M&G in Amsterdam. You said you wanted Mika's autograph in the future. If you do then you'll have to get it in an autograph signing situation.

If a 100-person M&G turns into an autograph signging session it will take 3 hours for Mika to get to everyone. It's not realistic that Mika is going to do 3-hour M&Gs on a regular basis which means that either most people are never going to attend a meet and greet or most people at the meet and greets won't even get to say hi to Mika because there isn't enough time.

Couldn't agree more. Robi did a great job with those girls, I was so sorry they sneaked in after pushing and insulting me during all the gig (they hate us Spanish MFCers, what envy can do to people), but since they were already in, they had to be tought how to behave. However, Mika hardly talked to them, he was looking at me all the time he spent near them:roftl:

:wub2:

I can totally see where you are coming from and to a point I can understand your anger about a group of people who happened to see and meet him more often. But I really do think that from his perspective it is a nice thing to see some familiar faces in the crowd and thus to know what he's letting himself in for. I don't think I'm going too far assuming that meeting 10 or 15 people he already knew and who didn't ask for the usual boring procedures, have nervous breakdowns or burst out in tears was much less nerve-wrecking at 5 in the morning after a show, than having 200+ people he has never seen before and among whom for sure some might not know that he doesn't really fancy having his hair touched or being jumped at.

this is what i posted some days ago about the'small group of fans' who mika welcomes so much...

please read, i believe in this completely!

'I think these large meet and greets and after-gig signings are too taxing on him while he's touring. He has too many fans and too many other priorities and it's simply not an effective use of his time. He should be expending his energy on things like his website that will connect with thousands and even millions of his fans instead of trying to appease the same couple of hundred people over and over again.'

christine

i agree with almost everything you wrote, but this.

there is a very small group of old fans he really enjoys to meet after gigs.

i'm not in that group, as you may imagine, cause i went to very few.

but

fans who could travel a lot and witness all his crucial gigs and do enormous efforts (phisically and economically) to follow him...are a little part of his public life now.

maybe you are in that little group, i don't know. but i know some of them personally.

he's GENUINELY happy to meet them after the gigs.

i think he's fond of them because now he knows them a bit and are familiar faces who symbolize the affection of all fans to him.

he comes out on purpose, very very late, just to meet them...last example is last night in aix.

they were only 10....it was awfully late...it was raining.

but he came out and insisted to have a group pic with them.

wtf?

all other fans must not feel left aside by this....of course!

i'm happy for them and i don't feel bad.

i like him to be fond of strangers that represent a real joy for him (his fan base).

call me naif now!

They wanted to jump on Asun and Mika during their conversation. I told them to back off, sit down and to stay there...

Wasn't the nicest thing I did and said that night I suppose, but they would have made me really mad if they would had spoilt that moment...

Well this is exactly my problem. I spent 22 hours at Brixton that day and Mika didn't have time to speak to me because he was busy signing autographs for people who weren't even there.

After my run in with some stupid people in Amsterdam, I wasn't going to have anything to do with helping out for aftershow activities, but now I'll stand shoulder to elbow with you Robi:naughty:.

thanks rose:wub2: