REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Saturday Night Fiber - Madrid

Christine

Hey Robi, the M&G sounded excellent, makes me wish I'd been there now, but RL has taken over for a while.

It's good that you put those people straight, I know I wouldn't argue with you, but then I'm a big wimp:naughty:.

I'm sitting here angry though that they made Jemma cry, wimp that I am, that would have riled me and I'd have given them a piece of my mind.:annoyed_h4h:

I understand what he means about the RAH, it is a tricky place to play as it's completely circular, so the acoustics instead of just projecting out, can bounce back again, although it's perfect for the audience, I think the artist can find it a tad tricky.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

forgot to say that i was wearing my RAH top shirt...and as last thing i asked

and please mika don't forget a gig at the RAH

showing the drawing

that's how all the short RAH conversation started

Hey Robi, the M&G sounded excellent, makes me wish I'd been there now, but RL has taken over for a while.

It's good that you put those people straight, I know I wouldn't argue with you, but then I'm a big wimp:naughty:.

I'm sitting here angry though that they made Jemma cry, wimp that I am, that would have riled me and I'd have given them a piece of my mind.:annoyed_h4h:

I understand what he means about the RAH, it is a tricky place to play as it's completely circular, so the acoustics instead of just projecting out, can bounce back again, although it's perfect for the audience, I think the artist can find it a tad tricky.

sure rose

you would have slapped them iìn their faces with your pengu claw! :naughty:

Thanks for the lovely report, robertina!

btw... What is the RAH?:blink::roftl:

It's the Royal Albert Hall in London, a very prestigious venue that a lot of big bands and artists play at.

At last the first part of my report. Forgive my bad English today, I'm a tad tired still:wink2: Hope you understand everything, hehehe.

My Mika weekend started on Friday afternoon, when me and Ana went to pick Fred and Cassie at the airport just before lunch time. It was really amazing to see Fred again and to finally meet Cassie. I’m afraid their first impression of Madrid was a bit stressful, because I had reserved a table in a great, great restaurant to have some nice paella, and their plane arrived a bit late, so we had to run. We took a cab and we were downtown in no time, took them to their hotel and helped them checking in (I don’t think I’ll ever forget that old disappearing man at reception:lmao:). Bettasan had arrived a few hours before, and we met her for lunch in a hurry. I think all this fuss was worth it in the end, because that little paella place was actually so good, a real discovery, right? We had a lovely meal all we five (yummy!) and afterwards we headed to our rooms/houses (I still can’t believe I was in my own city, soooo weird!) to have a well deserved nap.

Later in the evening, when it was not so hot anymore, we hung around a bit in the city centre. Ana and me took Fred, Cassie, Betta and Isa to have some beer and tapas with my wonderfully patient and understanding boyfriend (aka Saint Rodrigo), and then we met Neeve, who joined us straight from the airport. I think everybody had lots of fun that night, not till too late though, a hard day was ahead of us and needed as much sleep as we could get.

Saturday was D-Day, and it started really early for me and Ana, since we wanted to welcome Robi, Mirti and Allegra in the airport. What can I say? Meeting them all after so long (especially Mirti, one of my “sisters”, who I hadn’t seen since October) was thrilling and could hardly stop myself from crying. As Robi said, we had breakfast there and then went with them to their hotel. Ready for lunch and meeting Debbie (c@rin@), Neeve, Fred, Cassie and Isa (hope I’m not missing anyone, I’m still not at my best, you know:wink2:). Nice lunch downtown all together and off to the hotel again, our headquarters near the venue.

Saturday was the hottest day so far, it was hellish really, but I didn’t even mind that much, we were all together, that’s all that mattered. Gates opened at six, so off we went, into the heat (it took me a bit of an effort to get out, you Northern people can’t imagine what it’s like to be out when it’s over 40ºC!!! but we had to be there soon, as we had no clue what we had to do about the M&G thing). Organization seemed to be a bit of a mess, and we had to go twice to ask about the passes with no answer at all. So we stayed just outside the venue, resting as much as we could on the grass in the shade until we decided to enter and enjoy the rest of the bands. Little that we knew what the rest of the bands were like! Personally, I found Siouxie so boring (sorry Queenie, I’m happy you enjoyed), and Morrisey such an as***le. I kindda liked the first part of his act, but I soon got tired of him: his music was repetitive and every time he spoke I felt this strange urge to throw something to him :roftl: Anyway, I’m glad Fred enjoyed him (legend!:naughty:). But the worst was yet to come! My Bloody Valentine was bloody indeed! Not even in my worst nightmares I had imagined I’d ever listen to a noise like that. I felt like I was inside the engine of a jet plane for more than 20 minutes. As the other MFCers, I had to put some paper in my ears, put my fingers on them and still the noise was hard to bare. During this “perfect concert” something really nasty happened to me and Sariflor with two guys who just wanted to reaffirm their “masculinity” in front of us but that’s not important anymore, the security guys were lovely and helpful, too bad the hooligans escaped when they saw us going to report them, sooooo brave, huh?

Anyway, it was around 11 when Ana had to meet Lulu to try on her BG costume. I don’t really know how it happened (I was too busy trying to teach those “bright” guys a lesson), but next thing I knew she and Mirti came over to tell us they were both BGs!!! :boing: I’m sure you can imagine my excitement, I’m sooo proud of my two little sisters, couldn’t believe I was going to see them on stage with Mika, all of a sudden the man himself was just the supporting act to them! Now it was crystal clear I HAD to be first row for them.

At last the first part of my report. Forgive my bad English today, I'm a tad tired still Hope you understand everything, hehehe.

My Mika weekend started on Friday afternoon, when me and Ana went to pick Fred and Cassie at the airport just before lunch time. It was really amazing to see Fred again and to finally meet Cassie. I’m afraid their first impression of Madrid was a bit stressful, because I had reserved a table in a great, great restaurant to have some nice paella, and their plane arrived a bit late, so we had to run. We took a cab and we were downtown in no time, took them to their hotel and helped them checking in (I don’t think I’ll ever forget that old disappearing man at reception:lmao:). Bettasan had arrived a few hours before, and we met her for lunch in a hurry. I think all this fuss was worth it in the end, because that little paella place was actually so good, a real discovery, right? We had a lovely meal all we five (yummy!) and afterwards we headed to our rooms/houses (I still can’t believe I was in my own city, soooo weird!) to have a well deserved nap.

Later in the evening, when it was not so hot anymore, we hung around a bit in the city centre. Ana and me took Fred, Cassie, Betta and Isa to have some beer and tapas with my wonderfully patient and understanding boyfriend (aka Saint Rodrigo), and then we met Neeve, who joined us straight from the airport. I think everybody had lots of fun that night, not till too late though, a hard day was ahead of us and needed as much sleep as we could get.

Saturday was D-Day, and it started really early for me and Ana, since we wanted to welcome Robi, Mirti and Allegra in the airport. What can I say? Meeting them all after so long (especially Mirti, one of my “sisters”, who I hadn’t seen since October) was thrilling and could hardly stop myself from crying. As Robi said, we had breakfast there and then went with them to their hotel. Ready for lunch and meeting Debbie (c@rin@), Neeve, Fred, Cassie and Isa (hope I’m not missing anyone, I’m still not at my best, you know:wink2:). Nice lunch downtown all together and off to the hotel again, our headquarters near the venue.

Saturday was the hottest day so far, it was hellish really, but I didn’t even mind that much, we were all together, that’s all that mattered. Gates opened at six, so off we went, into the heat (it took me a bit of an effort to get out, you Northern people can’t imagine what it’s like to be out when it’s over 40ºC!!! but we had to be there soon, as we had no clue what we had to do about the M&G thing). Organization seemed to be a bit of a mess, and we had to go twice to ask about the passes with no answer at all. So we stayed just outside the venue, resting as much as we could on the grass in the shade until we decided to enter and enjoy the rest of the bands. Little that we knew what the rest of the bands were like! Personally, I found Siouxie so boring (sorry Queenie, I’m happy you enjoyed), and Morrisey such an as***le. I kindda liked the first part of his act, but I soon got tired of him: his music was repetitive and every time he spoke I felt this strange urge to throw something to him :roftl: Anyway, I’m glad Fred enjoyed him (legend!:naughty:). But the worst was yet to come! My Bloody Valentine was bloody indeed! Not even in my worst nightmares I had imagined I’d ever listen to a noise like that. I felt like I was inside the engine of a jet plane for more than 20 minutes. As the other MFCers, I had to put some paper in my ears, put my fingers on them and still the noise was hard to bare. During this “perfect concert” something really nasty happened to me and Sariflor with two guys who just wanted to reaffirm their “masculinity” in front of us but that’s not important anymore, the security guys were lovely and helpful, too bad the hooligans escaped when they saw us going to report them, sooooo brave, huh?

Anyway, it was around 11 when Ana had to meet Lulu to try on her BG costume. I don’t really know how it happened (I was too busy trying to teach those “bright” guys a lesson), but next thing I knew she and Mirti came over to tell us they were both BGs!!! :boing: I’m sure you can imagine my excitement, I’m sooo proud of my two little sisters, couldn’t believe I was going to see them on stage with Mika, all of a sudden the man himself was just the supporting act to them! Now it was crystal clear I HAD to be first row for them.

Thank you so much for the report, can't wait to read more!! :punk: Sorry about those pricks :blink:

yes

i was rude and bossy...but hey! i was determìned not to have the moment go nuts!

i didn't want to read more angry posts after a M&G!!!

:bow::bow::bow:

Thank you Robi!

It is 5 am, Mika is hoarse and tired and the meet and greet is for MFCers. If you think getting an autograph or a photo is more important than speaking to Mika you don't belong there IMO.

There was an insanely unruly crowd during the concert in Toronto but before Mika came out after the show security gave everyone a good talking to. Said he wasn't signing autographs or taking photos and if everyone didn't stay exactly where they were he would be whisked off in a van.

Everyone behaved themselves and it allowed Mika to ask and answer a few questions, shake hands and accept gifts. This is all anyone should ever expect from him while he's touring and I think someone needs to take charge at every meet and greet and make this clear, like Robi did.

If you really want an autograph you can hang out by the artist's entrance when he's leaving the venue and he'll give them out if he's feeling up to it. But when there's a pre-arranged meet and greet, don't ruin it for everyone else by turning it into an autograph signing session.

At last the first part of my report. Forgive my bad English today, I'm a tad tired still:wink2: Hope you understand everything, hehehe.

Wonderful report! Can't wait to hear more *.*

Sorry for those as****s

Thank you Robi!

It is 5 am, Mika is hoarse and tired and the meet and greet is for MFCers. If you think getting an autograph or a photo is more important than speaking to Mika you don't belong there IMO.

There was an insanely unruly crowd during the concert in Toronto but before Mika came out after the show security gave everyone a good talking to. Said he wasn't signing autographs or taking photos and if everyone didn't stay exactly where they were he would be whisked off in a van.

Everyone behaved themselves and it allowed Mika to ask and answer a few questions, shake hands and accept gifts. This is all anyone should ever expect from him while he's touring and I think someone needs to take charge at every meet and greet and make this clear, like Robi did.

If you really want an autograph you can hang out by the artist's entrance when he's leaving the venue and he'll give them out if he's feeling up to it. But when there's a pre-arranged meet and greet, don't ruin it for everyone else by turning it into an autograph signing session.

very well said christine:thumb_yello:

totally agree with you

Thank you Robi!

Amen to that!

Even though Robi told them at the barrier it was a private meeting, they still pushed in and pushed their way to the front to get to him first, that is just rude and disrespectful!

Kudos to Robi, FD and John for keeping it civilsed, and it bodes well for more private M&Gs in the future. Bravo:wink2:

Thank you Robi!

Couldn't agree more. Robi did a great job with those girls, I was so sorry they sneaked in after pushing and insulting me during all the gig (they hate us Spanish MFCers, what envy can do to people), but since they were already in, they had to be tought how to behave. However, Mika hardly talked to them, he was looking at me all the time he spent near them:roftl:

Wonderful report! Can't wait to hear more *.*

Sorry for those as****s

Thank you so much for the report, can't wait to read more!! :punk: Sorry about those pricks :blink:

Thank you! In fact, I didn't care that much, at least they kept us awake for a while with their macho man show!

Couldn't agree more. Robi did a great job with those girls, I was so sorry they sneaked in after pushing and insulting me during all the gig (they hate us Spanish MFCers, what envy can do to people), but since they were already in, they had to be tought how to behave. However, Mika hardly talked to them, he was looking at me all the time he spent near them:roftl:

Thank you! In fact, I didn't care that much, at least they kept us awake for a while with their macho man show!

That is just shameful :thumbdown: Some people just don't understand the meaning of respect and manners.

Ha ha, I bet that was the best entertainment when Mika wasn't performing yet :naughty:

However, Mika hardly talked to them, he was looking at me all the time he spent near them:roftl:

Oooh lucky girl! :das::das:

Thanks for the reports. Sounds like a fabulous gig.

I can't wait to hear from Queenie and Mirtilla!

Ha ha, that rocks:naughty:!

Where were they from?

I was wondering after reading the report (thanks for that!) and this post if it's ever gonna be possible to get an autograph of Mika. It's not the most important thing in the world (seeing Mika right in front of you surely beats having an autograph :mf_rosetinted:), but it's just a nice thing to have.

Werchter was my first Mika gig and I've made a poster, wich I really like to have signed by Mika. Had it with me in Amsterdam, but because they said no autographs and stuff I didn't ask (yes, I'm a good girl :bleh:) but I really want an autograph on it somewhere in the future ...

If there are gonne be more meet & greet as in Amsterdam & Madrid, wich is very nice and absolutly wonderful, I'm wondering if I can ever get that posted signed ... :boxed: It worries me a little bit .. not that it's that important, but still..

As you say "waiting by the artist's entrance" I don't know if that's gonna change anything, don't think if we have meet & greets that Mika will be doing that outside signing-stuff he used to do .. Or am I thinking wrong here?

Hope you guys get what I'm trying to say, it's not that I don't like those meet & greets, but I'm just thinking about those little other things and wondering how that will go in the future ...

Robi, you gave those gatecrashers a good telling off, good on you. I am sure I would have done the same! (Bossy oldlings!)

Mika would know straight away that those people didn't belong. I am amazed he doesn't say anything to them. I am also surprised that security cannot keep them out, if their names are not on the list. That is something Team Mika need to watch out for at future MFC-only M&Gs, in my opinion. No name, no entry. No matter how hard you push.

It is not like they cannot come and join MFC, it is a public forum. But crashing a privately arranged party is so NOT ON.

I am really enjoying the reports of MFCers meeting each other...makes me wish I could go to a gig on the other side of the world....maybe RAH if he ever agrees to it....:wub2:

I was wondering after reading the report (thanks for that!) and this post if it's ever gonna be possible to get an autograph of Mika. It's not the most important thing in the world (seeing Mika right in front of you surely beats having an autograph :mf_rosetinted:), but it's just a nice thing to have.

Werchter was my first Mika gig and I've made a poster, wich I really like to have signed by Mika. Had it with me in Amsterdam, but because they said no autographs and stuff I didn't ask (yes, I'm a good girl :bleh:) but I really want an autograph on it somewhere in the future ...

If there are gonne be more meet & greet as in Amsterdam & Madrid, wich is very nice and absolutly wonderful, I'm wondering if I can ever get that posted signed ... :boxed: It worries me a little bit .. not that it's that important, but still..

As you say "waiting by the artist's entrance" I don't know if that's gonna change anything, don't think if we have meet & greets that Mika will be doing that outside signing-stuff he used to do .. Or am I thinking wrong here?

Hope you guys get what I'm trying to say, it's not that I don't like those meet & greets, but I'm just thinking about those little other things and wondering how that will go in the future ...

Well, I was wondering the same...

I still want my autograph and my pic with Mika! :sneaky2:

After what happened in Portugal after the show, I'm not sure if I will ever have that chance.

Actually, if I had been in the Madrid M&G I don't know what I would do... You see, I'm an MFC'er since the beggining (does that count?) and I've never met Mika, I've never had his autograph and I've never taken a pic with him. Would I be allowed to do that? Or I'd had go to the artists entrance and wait for Mika to get out? :naughty:

I'm not against these kind of M&G, I'm glad it all went well, but I feel that this is becoming more of a "VIP" thing (and always with the same people involved). :blink: