REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ PALEO Festival Nyon, Switzerland

Blue Sky

ciao ciao ciao!!!!

so here i am...shattered but alive! :naughty:

i left yesterday at 14.12 from my train station...wow, it was not even 24 hours ago!:shocked:

i arrived safe and sound in nyon and found the festival easily...avoca and fanny and axie dentelle (plus some other frenchies) were already front row... a mad (but fun) group was playing...not much pushing..so i could reach them, second row for me! and it was 19.30.

the festival is HUGE!!!! and it seems pretty enjoyable...

but...when Justice started playing:::::::::::::::::::god help us!!!

lots of well built young man jumping as mad! all on us!!!:shocked:

that WAS scary...many ppl were taken out the crowd from security...but we, tough mika's fans, resisted!:naughty:

one hour passed....seemed like eternity!

then

the mikaworkers and the mikastage....fresh air again!

intro was on....someone dressed as a monkey holding Gray Skelly's head came on stage....a little show and MIKA IS ON!!!!

white tshirt, benicassim trousers!

all energy and fun...he never never lets us down!

he played My Interpretation and Holy johnny

grace kelly in french a relax rave as encore

the show was far better than madrid, longer and his voice was better.

so much for the show...shall i repeat the same things all over again?? it was a very good show!!! as always with mika, hey! ehehehehe

then....

we ran as mad to the backstage entrance...running through a crowd of 13.000 going away! we found it and waited...they let us go and stayed with other 15 ppl waiting for him...yes we were so few!

avoca had a mission...to give him the birthday pics book...we were so determined, as always!

then he came.....striped long sleeve tshirt - the sailor look!

and a hat...avoca will post the pics i took with her camera.

and he was in a very good mood! he saw avoca, fanny and me...and he was so chatty last night!

i could chat more than at the MandG in madrid..we were just so few old fans!

he asked if we loved his blogs! can you fancy our reply???

we asked him not to stop them...and he promised to stop just in august, to have some holidays, poor boy!!!

he said comments on MIKASOUNDS will be working in the next days..hes got some technical problems.

i-ll let avoca talk about the birthday book...he was delighted anyway!

of course he signed autographs and chatted with the ppl who were there...but he always came back to us to chat more!

i repeat my theory...he likes chatting with familiar faces....and of course, the less we are, the more he chats! this is natural!

i loved those moments with him...and i realized that he-s getting more and more friendly, and not the other way round, in spite of growing success...we can see it also from his blog activity!!!

of course...there may be times when he-s not so chatty, due to tiredness or commitments...who knows...but his attitute is def friendly and lovely towards his MFC fans, and mikawebsite.

then i asked him to stop at the bar going away by car...cause allegra and mirtilla got lost in the crowd and had arrived when we had already been admitted outside backstage...and he did!!!

he stopped his car and chatted with them too!

what can i say more...he was in a blessed good mood last night.

and hes very very excited for beirut show! his eyes sparkle talking about that!

when i wished him a blast in beirut, and said that some would go but flights are too expensive....he said he knew! that flight costs to beirut are a total madness!

so that-s all for me....sorry if you see something odd in my typing, but my keyboard is playing up...mixing characters!

avoca....pls add things to my report...cause im sure i-ve forgotten much!

*shes on her train back home now.....*

thanks robi for your report!

how lucky you were yesterday!you chatted a lot:wub2:

the gig was better than madrid?wow,great!:thumb_yello:and his voice is less tired..so he can play a great show in beirut!

did u take some photos?:wink2:

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wooooooooooooooow, lucky you :mf_lustslow:!!! Sooooo great, happy you could meet him, chat with him and...... EVERYTHING!!! :thumb_yello:

I was sooooo sad because I absolutely had to take my bus at 02:00....... :sad:..... so I couldn't join you after the show... but thanks so much for your report Robertina, it's just like if we were there with you too :original:, THANKS!!!

Looking forward to read Avoca's report too :wink2:!!!

no...no pics...the pushing was SO bad we could hardly keep the camera in our hands...maybe fanny and avoca in front row have some, but not me.

then

i took some pics of him receiving the book, but they are in avoca-s camera...need to be patient!:thumb_yello:

Wooooooooooooooow, lucky you :mf_lustslow:!!! Sooooo great, happy you could meet him, chat with him and...... EVERYTHING!!! :thumb_yello:

I was sooooo sad because I absolutely had to take my bus at 02:00....... :sad:..... so I couldn't join you after the show... but thanks so much for your report Robertina, it's just like if we were there with you too :original:, THANKS!!!

Looking forward to read Avoca's report too :wink2:!!!

my goodness me girl!

i totally forgot about you...why didn-t you turn up???

haven-t you seen red aired avoca in front row? where were you?

Hi Robertina :wink2:!

From 17:30 until 20:00 I was in the second row with Avoca, Fanny, Axie and some others... maybe you were there too and I missed you :blink:......? Or perhaps we talked together and everything and my memory's failing... :huh:...

The problem was that I had to meet a couple of friends there, so I had to leave this beautiful second row... :crybaby:

I'm so sad about it......................

Per translation tool dictionary.com

Mouth of angel quickly learns its trade from star. Since its passage to Winterthour in November, the show of the wonder the pop one gained in maturity. And from now on, a crowd of 35 ' 000 people does not frighten him any more.

“To receive that for my second passage in Switzerland, it is enormous. Thank you Paléo!” To pass, in the same round of a skating rink of 5000 people to the Large Scene of most beautiful Open Air of Europe (if, if…), it is enormous indeed.

And for the little story, Mika was to come to St-Gall last summer, where he would have sung on a scene of the size of the Club Tent de Paléo. Some troubles of health enabled him to jump this stage. But the anecdote recalls how much success was fast.

After all, when one sold more than four million albums, that one is the first artist to gain three World Music Awards the same year and that one passed in loop on all the radios, it is normal to bring together 35 ' 000 people won over to your cause.

Still is necessary it to know to speak to them. Here Mika, who has already the beauty of fauna, the three octaves and half of tessiture and the talent of the songwriter has still an asset: perfect French somebody who passed half of his childhood to Paris. With Juste the point of accent british which gives him its charm.

That happiness

As in Winterthour, the concert starts and ends in “Relaxed, take it easy”. And as of the first measurements of this genuine proclamation of vocal virtuosity, Paléo is conquered.

The months of round allowed the spectacle of rôder. Exit certain heavinesses baroques, like the angel of the beginning (on the other hand, the goldbeater's skin of “Big girls” is always there), and places at a better communication with the public. Public which one does not see the every day époumoner with as much of heat.

Logic: this music gives desire for singing, for running, for jumping. That which forever fredonné of Mika under his shower comes to say the opposite. And when the star makes hop crowd on “Lollipop”, the movement does not remain not confined with the square of agitated first ranks, but is propagated until the ends of the ground.

That happiness, one says to you. With these songs which in eighteen months hardly already became of the traditional ones. Traditional that their author does not hesitate to revisit, adding a station-wagon by-Ci, a solo of guitar by-there and a number of clappers in the medium.

Beside the key periods of the repertory which are “Coils today”, “Happy endings” or “Stuck in the middle”, “Grace Kelly” finds the choice place which it deserves. Mika is not satisfied any more to dispatch it with the piano, but concentrates all his energy on this incredible vocal climbing which made much to ensure its fame.

And puisque' it is in Romandie, it will rechantera it even with the second recall. With the piano, without orchestra and… in French in the text. As it has just done it in its round through France.

Paléo adored Mika and Mika seems to have adored Paléo. Is this the beginning of a long connection, as certain artists maintain some with the festival, or should it already be provided that the next time, the star will have passed in the category of “too large for Nyon because they turn in the stages”?

The history will judge.

Justice is made

While waiting for - and before Mika - Gaspard Augé and Xavier de Rosnay judged. Judged that Paléo deserved an insane concert well, like all those which this electro duet French, more known under the name of Justice, has given for a few years.

In the shade of the cross which one finds on their album (a little megalomania, fortunately tinted amount necessary of autodérision…), the two accomplices seem all the more calm as the sounds that they triturate let burst their merry exubérance.

That goes from heaviness entêtante of synthés to the take-off of a traditional arpeggio of guitar, while passing by the fishing of a good-natured riff of hardware or the arabesques of voice, all the more rich as electronics authorizes all the mixtures and all arrangements.

Larger buzz Internet of the year 2007, the association of these two former graphic designers made to Justice the French group which is sold best abroad since Daft Punk. Logic, Justice is new Daft Punk. Everyone says it.

swissinfo, Marc-Andre Miserez in Paléo

THIS THURSDAY WITH THE PALÉO

Dub Inc., Tiken Jah Fakoly, Manu Chao, Moonraisers, Asa, Seun Kuti, Brazil at the Village of the World and the Turning, Chapter, Tshaka Junior and Asher Selector.

1000 TICKETS “LAST MINUTE”

As that has been the case for a few years, Paléo Festival (of the 22 at July 27) is played closed counters. No ticket is sold on the spot, but the organizers spend 1000 per day of them on sale the morning even, on the site of the festival (paleo.ch) and in the sales outlets ticketcorner. They are available as from nine hours and… there is not for everyone.

Lovely report Robertina :wub2: Made me smile throughout the whole thing! (Apart from where some people were pushing and shoving). Mika really is pretty cool isn't he? And August without any blogs!? :shocked: That's ok, I'll be on holiday as well then anyway :naughty:

Lovely report Robertina :wub2: Made me smile throughout the whole thing! (Apart from where some people were pushing and shoving). Mika really is pretty cool isn't he? And August without any blogs!? :shocked: That's ok, I'll be on holiday as well then anyway :naughty:

Danika! Aren't you supposed to be in Italy?:naughty:

:shocked:

i wasn't expecting you to find an int. connection that fast in italy:naughty:

ME TOO...AND NO PC!!!

so yes mika...you CAN have yr holidays!:naughty:

Danika! Aren't you supposed to be in Italy?:naughty:

:shocked:

i wasn't expecting you to find an int. connection that fast in italy:naughty:

Found out my uncle has the Internetttt!! Yipeeeeee :biggrin2: But I can't stay on for as long as I usually do :naughty:

ME TOO...AND NO PC!!!

so yes mika...you CAN have yr holidays!:naughty:

Yes, but only for a couple of weeks :fisch: Probably during his birthday..

Hi Robertina :wink2:!

From 17:30 until 20:00 I was in the second row with Avoca, Fanny, Axie and some others... maybe you were there too and I missed you :blink:......? Or perhaps we talked together and everything and my memory's failing... :huh:...

The problem was that I had to meet a couple of friends there, so I had to leave this beautiful second row... :crybaby:

I'm so sad about it......................

ops....maybe we met! :naughty:

Found out my uncle has the Internetttt!! Yipeeeeee :biggrin2: But I can't stay on for as long as I usually do :naughty:

Yes, but only for a couple of weeks :fisch: Probably during his birthday..

:roftl: If you come to Italy, it's not to hang out on the MFC to see if the internet connection is better there :naughty:

:roftl: If you come to Italy, it's not to hang out on the MFC to see if the internet connection is better there :naughty:

Of course it is! It's what I do in every country :fisch::biggrin2: Although I must say this italian keyboard is getting on my nerves! :throw:

Ohh. thank you very much! :wub2:

so much for the show...shall i repeat the same things all over again?? it was a very good show!!! as always with mika, hey! ehehehehe

Yes, please! :wub2:

we asked him not to stop them...and he promised to stop just in august, to have some holidays, poor boy!!!

Noooo! Don't stop! :lol3:

he said comments on MIKASOUNDS will be working in the next days..hes got some technical problems.

:wub2:

So happy to read that :cheerful_h4h:

ciao ciao ciao!!!!

so here i am...shattered but alive! :naughty:

i left yesterday at 14.12 from my train station...wow, it was not even 24 hours ago!:shocked:

i arrived safe and sound in nyon and found the festival easily...avoca and fanny and axie dentelle (plus some other frenchies) were already front row... a mad (but fun) group was playing...not much pushing..so i could reach them, second row for me!:thumb_yello: and it was 19.30.

the festival is HUGE!!!! and it seems pretty enjoyable...

but...when Justice started playing:::::::::::::::::::god help us!!!

lots of well built young man jumping as mad! all on us!!!:shocked:

that WAS scary...many ppl were taken out the crowd from security...but we, tough mika's fans, resisted!:naughty:

one hour passed....seemed like eternity!

then

the mikaworkers and the mikastage....fresh air again!

intro was on....someone dressed as a monkey holding Gray Skelly's head came on stage....a little show and MIKA IS ON!!!!

white tshirt, benicassim trousers!

all energy and fun...he never never lets us down!

he played My Interpretation and Holy johnny

grace kelly in french a relax rave as encore

the show was far better than madrid, longer and his voice was better.

then....

we ran as mad to the backstage entrance...running through a crowd of 13.000 going away! we found it and waited...they let us go and stayed with other 15 ppl waiting for him...yes we were so few!

avoca had a mission...to give him the birthday pics book...we were so determined, as always!

then he came.....striped long sleeve tshirt - the sailor look!

and a hat...avoca will post the pics i took with her camera.

and he was in a very good mood! he saw avoca, fanny and me...and he was so chatty last night!

i could chat more than at the MandG in madrid..we were just so few old fans!

i-ll let avoca talk about the birthday book...he was delighted anyway!

of course he signed autographs and chatted with the ppl who were there...but he always came back to us to chat more!

i repeat my theory...he likes chatting with familiar faces....and of course, the less we are, the more he chats! this is natural!

i loved those moments with him...and i realized that he-s getting more and more friendly, and not the other way round, in spite of growing success...we can see it also from his blog activity!!!

of course...there may be times when he-s not so chatty, due to tiredness or commitments...who knows...but his attitute is def friendly and lovely towards his MFC fans, and mikawebsite.

then i asked him to stop at the bar going away by car...cause allegra and mirtilla got lost in the crowd and had arrived when we had already been admitted outside backstage...and he did!!!

he stopped his car and chatted with them too!

and hes very very excited for beirut show! his eyes sparkle talking about that!

when i wished him a blast in beirut, and said that some would go but flights are too expensive....he said he knew! that flight costs to beirut are a total madness!

so that-s all for me....sorry if you see something odd in my typing, but my keyboard is playing up...mixing characters!

avoca....pls add things to my report...cause im sure i-ve forgotten much!

*shes on her train back home now.....*

Thanks 4 the report! sounds amazing...and only 15 ppl waiting for him :shocked::thumb_yello:

What's that? :blink: *realises that she is waaaay off topic from what the thread is actually about* whoops :blush-anim-cl:

Oh yeah, thanks for posting the pics BS!!!

See, you chatter away and then it makes you think of me. Isn't that sweet.:wink2:

Robi I posted those links before on the offchance we might get something...

Here is the first VID (thankyou I know I am amazing :naughty:)

See, you chatter away and then it makes you think of me. Isn't that sweet.:wink2:

and you're also modest:roftl:

anyway,thanx for the vid:thumb_yello:

Nice! Where's Mika though? :naughty: Its really huge!:shocked: How many people were there?