REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ PALEO Festival Nyon, Switzerland

Blue Sky

Uh oh. *wonders what Spanish/Costa Rican keyboards look like* :shocked::naughty:

Haha! I see two now :bleh:

And I'll have you know, on close inspection, this picture is slightly different to the other one :naughty:

lrg-3844-mika_lflusin_04.jpg

EDIT: Now I see them all. Weird internet :naughty:

For how long are you going there?:naughty:

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well one post only allows 7 pics, so I thought that being the one from the other site that I already posted, I left it out!!

My worry is that it is not MFC but the Paleo site fiddling round as they are uploading more pics of the various gigs right now as we speak....hope they don't change the URLs on any of the ones I (and you) already posted!!

:naughty: Yes yes, but his face is slightly different :doh: totally different picture :rolls_eyes:

And they wouldn't dare *shakes fist menacingly*

For how long are you going there?

:naughty: For a month and a half, I can't last a month and a half without typing normally! :shocked:

:roftl: But it's okay *wipes sweat from forehead* I googled and they use QWERTY (like any sane/normal language/country:naughty:)

For a month and a half, I can't last a month and a half without typing normally! :shocked:

:roftl: But it's okay *wipes sweat from forehead* I googled and they use QWERTY (like any sane/normal language/country:naughty:)

Thank you very much :sneaky2::naughty:

Well if you can't appreciate a country with its own keyboard, your loss :naughty:

Good trip there! :bleh:

Thank you very much :sneaky2::naughty:

Well if you can't appreciate a country with its own keyboard, your loss :naughty:

Good trip there!

:rolls_eyes: If you can't fit in with the trends set by the rest of the world - your loss :naughty:

"British singer Mika, left, and an unidentified background singer, perform on the main stage during the 33rd Paleo Festival in Nyon, Switzerland"

:lmao: She sounds like a suspect in a crime :naughty: (old picture)

:rolls_eyes:

:lmao: She sounds like a suspect in a crime :naughty: (old picture)

They didn't try very hard to identify her. They could have asked us. :mf_rosetinted:

This thread is first up on google for Mika Paleo.

(which is amazing since we have only been a thread for a day)

Then the pics came back, so I deleted my post and you were too quick for me!! LOL

Mellody I just saw your siggie...have you been to 15 gigs???:shocked:

*turns a little green*

um... yes... :blush-anim-cl: but the mtv thing was just 3 minutes. :fisch: and rose has been to more! :bleh:

They didn't try very hard to identify her. They could have asked us. :mf_rosetinted:

This thread is first up on google for Mika Paleo.

(which is amazing since we have only been a thread for a day)

Yeah I reckon!

Just like 'Yasmine "guest" Penniman' :naughty:

But this thread has had about 400 more views than any other site about Mika and Paleo :naughty: (*doesn't understand how google works, though*)

um... yes... :blush-anim-cl: but the mtv thing was just 3 minutes. :fisch: and rose has been to more! :bleh:

Oh wow! You are lucky! We've only been to one here in the U.S. in Chicago on the 5th of Feb. and it was the best time of our lives. We wish he would get back to the states, of course after he takes a vacation.:blush-anim-cl:

Oh wow! You are lucky! We've only been to one here in the U.S. in Chicago on the 5th of Feb. and it was the best time of our lives. We wish he would get back to the states, of course after he takes a vacation.:blush-anim-cl:

well, he hasn't been to germany for a while either (last time in october/november)... but i'm lucky to live in europe, where everything is quite close to another, it's easier to travel to different gigs than it is in the states. :rolls_eyes: and it's worth it to me to spend all my money on mika gigs. :roftl:

Blue Sky, thank you so much for he pics and the articles! :thumb_yello:

ciao ciao ciao!!!!

so here i am...shattered but alive!

i left yesterday at 14.12 from my train station...wow, it was not even 24 hours ago!:shocked:

i arrived safe and sound in nyon and found the festival easily...avoca and fanny and axie dentelle (plus some other frenchies) were already front row... a mad (but fun) group was playing...not much pushing..so i could reach them, second row for me!:thumb_yello: and it was 19.30.

the festival is HUGE!!!! and it seems pretty enjoyable...

but...when Justice started playing:::::::::::::::::::god help us!!!

lots of well built young man jumping as mad! all on us!!!:shocked:

that WAS scary...many ppl were taken out the crowd from security...but we, tough mika's fans, resisted!:naughty:

one hour passed....seemed like eternity!

then

the mikaworkers and the mikastage....fresh air again!

intro was on....someone dressed as a monkey holding Gray Skelly's head came on stage....a little show and MIKA IS ON!!!!

white tshirt, benicassim trousers!

all energy and fun...he never never lets us down!

he played My Interpretation and Holy johnny

grace kelly in french a relax rave as encore

the show was far better than madrid, longer and his voice was better.

so much for the show...shall i repeat the same things all over again?? it was a very good show!!! as always with mika, hey! ehehehehe

then....

we ran as mad to the backstage entrance...running through a crowd of 13.000 going away! we found it and waited...they let us go and stayed with other 15 ppl waiting for him...yes we were so few!

avoca had a mission...to give him the birthday pics book...we were so determined, as always!

then he came.....striped long sleeve tshirt - the sailor look!

and a hat...avoca will post the pics i took with her camera.

and he was in a very good mood! he saw avoca, fanny and me...and he was so chatty last night!

i could chat more than at the MandG in madrid..we were just so few old fans!

he asked if we loved his blogs! can you fancy our reply???

we asked him not to stop them...and he promised to stop just in august, to have some holidays, poor boy!!!

he said comments on MIKASOUNDS will be working in the next days..hes got some technical problems.

i-ll let avoca talk about the birthday book...he was delighted anyway!

of course he signed autographs and chatted with the ppl who were there...but he always came back to us to chat more!

i repeat my theory...he likes chatting with familiar faces....and of course, the less we are, the more he chats! this is natural!

i loved those moments with him...and i realized that he-s getting more and more friendly, and not the other way round, in spite of growing success...we can see it also from his blog activity!!!

of course...there may be times when he-s not so chatty, due to tiredness or commitments...who knows...but his attitute is def friendly and lovely towards his MFC fans, and mikawebsite.

then i asked him to stop at the bar going away by car...cause allegra and mirtilla got lost in the crowd and had arrived when we had already been admitted outside backstage...and he did!!!

he stopped his car and chatted with them too!

what can i say more...he was in a blessed good mood last night.

and hes very very excited for beirut show! his eyes sparkle talking about that!

when i wished him a blast in beirut, and said that some would go but flights are too expensive....he said he knew! that flight costs to beirut are a total madness!

so that-s all for me....sorry if you see something odd in my typing, but my keyboard is playing up...mixing characters!

avoca....pls add things to my report...cause im sure i-ve forgotten much!

*shes on her train back home now.....*

Oh what a lovely report Roberta! LOVE it! Thank you!!! I'm glad to hear you had such a good time!

The lines in bold are the ones I like most...........

mikaworkers .......... mikastage....... :D

<<............ i realized that he-s getting more and more friendly, and not the other way round, in spite of growing success...we can see it also from his blog activity!!!

.......... he stopped his car and chatted with them too!

............there may be times when he-s not so chatty, due to tiredness or commitments...who knows...but his attitute is def friendly and lovely towards his MFC fans, and mikawebsite...........>>

This is exactly what I think of him! :wub2:

Another

2008-7-24-6-37-22-f249ccbf85ee48798cbe210ef79563ff-9607428fd79541179186863e3a72c3c2-2.jpg

Article:

http://info.rsr.ch/fr/news/Paleo_s_enflamme_pour_Mika.html?siteSect=2010&sid=9366840&cKey=1216886061000

swisstxt20080724_9366885_0.jpg

Paléo s'enflamme pour Mika

Same article as Greta posted but different URL and diff pic....

Mika enchanted the crowd of Paléo Wednesday evening. Since its passage to Winterthour in November, the show of the wonder the pop one gained in maturity. And from now on, a crowd of 35 ' 000 people does not frighten him any more.

“To receive that for my second passage in Switzerland, it is enormous. Thank you Paléo!” To pass, in the same round of a skating rink of 5000 people to the Large Scene of most beautiful Open Air of Europe (if, if…), it is enormous indeed. And for the little story, Mika was to come to St-Gall last summer, where he would have sung on a scene of the size of the Club Tent de Paléo. Some troubles of health enabled him to jump this stage.

The beauty of fauna

But the anecdote recalls how much success was fast. After all, when one sold more than four million albums, that one is the first artist to gain three World Music Awards the same year and that one passed in loop on all the radios, it is normal to bring together 35 ' 000 people won over to your cause. Still is necessary it to know to speak to them.

Here Mika, who has already the beauty of fauna, the three octaves and half of tessiture and the talent of the songwriter has still an asset: perfect French somebody who passed half of his childhood to Paris. With Juste the point of accent british which gives him its charm. On this subject, Mika puts Winterthour in his pocket

That happiness

As in Winterthour, the concert starts and ends in “Relaxed, take it easy”. And as of the first measurements of this genuine proclamation of vocal virtuosity, Paléo is conquered. The months of round allowed the spectacle of rôder. Exit certain heavinesses baroques, like the angel of the beginning (on the other hand, the goldbeater's skin of “Big girls” is always there), and places at a better communication with the public.

Public which one does not see the every day époumoner with as much of heat. Logic: this music gives desire for singing, for running, for jumping. That which forever fredonné of Mika under his shower comes to say the opposite. And when the star makes hop crowd on “Lollipop”, the movement does not remain not confined with the squares of agitated first ranks, but is propagated until the ends of the ground. That happiness, one says to you.

With these songs which in eighteen months hardly already became of the traditional ones. Traditional that their author does not hesitate to revisit, adding a station-wagon by-Ci, a solo of guitar by-there and a number of clappers in the medium.

Vocal climbing

Beside the key periods of the repertory which are “Coils today”, “Happy endings” or “Stuck in the middle”, “Grace Kelly” finds the choice place which it deserves. Mika is not satisfied any more to dispatch it with the piano, but concentrates all his energy on this incredible vocal climbing which made much to ensure its fame. And puisque' it is in Romandie, it will rechantera it even with the second recall. With the piano, without orchestra and… in French in the text. As it has just done it in its round through France.

Paléo adored Mika and Mika seems to have adored Paléo. Is this the beginning of a long connection, as certain artists maintain some with the festival, or should it already be provided that the next time, the star will have passed in the category of “too large for Nyon because they turn in the stages”? The history will judge.

swissinfo, Marc-Andre Miserez

-------

Hardly the first notes the Relaxed one sound that the public of the Large Scene is already in agitation. It was said that Mika was a singer with girls, and yet the boys are not the last with pâmer in front of the pop high-speed motorboat, vêtu of variegated pants and a white Tee-shirt grinding good. It connects already on Big Girls, bringing on scene a section of sexy rondelettes of held while an enormous goldbeater's skin inflates on the bottom of the scene. And it is all the universe of the singer who is held, while it excites crowd in almost perfect French.

Mika ensures, drawing from his goodwill the tubes that all crowd begins again in chorus, intercalating some new compositions, surrounded by his orchestra equipped as for a fun fair and of two chorus-singers, one hypersexy, the other answering the standards of the " big girl". A perhaps licked concert a little too, unrolled like a show in Technicolor, rôdé until the last movement of eyebrow of the singer, but a public conquered in advance which did not regret anything. (D.M)

ciao ciao ciao!!!!

so here i am...shattered but alive! :naughty:

i left yesterday at 14.12 from my train station...wow, it was not even 24 hours ago!:shocked:

i arrived safe and sound in nyon and found the festival easily...avoca and fanny and axie dentelle (plus some other frenchies) were already front row... a mad (but fun) group was playing...not much pushing..so i could reach them, second row for me!:thumb_yello: and it was 19.30.

the festival is HUGE!!!! and it seems pretty enjoyable...

but...when Justice started playing:::::::::::::::::::god help us!!!

lots of well built young man jumping as mad! all on us!!!:shocked:

that WAS scary...many ppl were taken out the crowd from security...but we, tough mika's fans, resisted!:naughty:

one hour passed....seemed like eternity!

then

the mikaworkers and the mikastage....fresh air again!

intro was on....someone dressed as a monkey holding Gray Skelly's head came on stage....a little show and MIKA IS ON!!!!

white tshirt, benicassim trousers!

all energy and fun...he never never lets us down!

he played My Interpretation and Holy johnny

grace kelly in french a relax rave as encore

the show was far better than madrid, longer and his voice was better.

so much for the show...shall i repeat the same things all over again?? it was a very good show!!! as always with mika, hey! ehehehehe

then....

we ran as mad to the backstage entrance...running through a crowd of 13.000 going away! we found it and waited...they let us go and stayed with other 15 ppl waiting for him...yes we were so few!

avoca had a mission...to give him the birthday pics book...we were so determined, as always!

then he came.....striped long sleeve tshirt - the sailor look!

and a hat...avoca will post the pics i took with her camera.

and he was in a very good mood! he saw avoca, fanny and me...and he was so chatty last night!

i could chat more than at the MandG in madrid..we were just so few old fans!

he asked if we loved his blogs! can you fancy our reply???

we asked him not to stop them...and he promised to stop just in august, to have some holidays, poor boy!!!

he said comments on MIKASOUNDS will be working in the next days..hes got some technical problems.

i-ll let avoca talk about the birthday book...he was delighted anyway!

of course he signed autographs and chatted with the ppl who were there...but he always came back to us to chat more!

i repeat my theory...he likes chatting with familiar faces....and of course, the less we are, the more he chats! this is natural!

i loved those moments with him...and i realized that he-s getting more and more friendly, and not the other way round, in spite of growing success...we can see it also from his blog activity!!!

of course...there may be times when he-s not so chatty, due to tiredness or commitments...who knows...but his attitute is def friendly and lovely towards his MFC fans, and mikawebsite.

then i asked him to stop at the bar going away by car...cause allegra and mirtilla got lost in the crowd and had arrived when we had already been admitted outside backstage...and he did!!!

he stopped his car and chatted with them too!

what can i say more...he was in a blessed good mood last night.

and hes very very excited for beirut show! his eyes sparkle talking about that!

when i wished him a blast in beirut, and said that some would go but flights are too expensive....he said he knew! that flight costs to beirut are a total madness!

so that-s all for me....sorry if you see something odd in my typing, but my keyboard is playing up...mixing characters!

avoca....pls add things to my report...cause im sure i-ve forgotten much!

*shes on her train back home now.....*

Thanks for the report Robertina, i've just finished talking to Avoca about nearly everything you wrote here. I am so glad it was a great night inspite of the pushing.

It's Saranayde, his backup singer.

For the rest of the band (incase you were wondering)

The one dressed as a clown next to the guy with the big head is Martin, his guitarist.

The asian guy is Mikey, his bassist.

The black girl is Sam, his new backup singer.

The short girl with the crazy hair is Cherrise, his drummer.

And the guy with the blonde hair is David, his new keyboarder.

(:naughty: Do I come across as racist? I'm just too lazy to find pictures:naughty:)

EDIT: And Andy is his (blonde-ish?) cameraman, and the blonde guy in most backstage photos is his tour manager John (I hope I'm giving correct advice here:naughty:)

Isn't Mikey Korean...?

:blink: *ponders*

*isn't sure*

Whenever Mika introduces him, he says "My Korean bassist Mikey."...

Haha..

well, he hasn't been to germany for a while either (last time in october/november)... but i'm lucky to live in europe, where everything is quite close to another, it's easier to travel to different gigs than it is in the states. :rolls_eyes: and it's worth it to me to spend all my money on mika gigs. :roftl:

That's actually true :sneaky2:

But like I said to some of you in Amsterdam, instead of spamming his myspace with endless MIKA COME TO [MY COUNTRY], it's so much better to say 'MIKA, COME TO [PLACE I ALWAYS WANTED TO VISIT BUT NEVER GOT ROUND TO] :bleh:

But hey, I wouldn't mind a few gigs in Germany in between. :naughty:

being squashed as lemons

:mf_rosetinted:

But, wasn't it worth it? :wub2:

Thanks Robertina for your report and the warmth you always put into them:wub2:

And Blue Sky! A HUGE THANK YOU to you too, for all the work you have done during July. I suspect that I have forgotten to say that so far :blush-anim-cl:

h

That's actually true :sneaky2:

But like I said to some of you in Amsterdam, instead of spamming his myspace with endless MIKA COME TO [MY COUNTRY], it's so much better to say 'MIKA, COME TO [PLACE I ALWAYS WANTED TO VISIT BUT NEVER GOT ROUND TO] :bleh:

But hey, I wouldn't mind a few gigs in Germany in between. :naughty:

Hahahaha, I agree completely!! We've invented the Mikatourism. Never been to Germany BTW:mf_rosetinted: