The Australian Thread: Part Fifteen

Rainbow Sky

I brought my camera this time, and I am a photo whore soo ... I have a lot of photos.

*attempts to cut down to ... 14*

*couldn't, so has edited some together*

Clipboard02-1.jpg

Go ahead and spot me in the middle picture :P

Okay, so I was late, as usual. (Note to everyone: If you ever want me to turn up on time to any Mika gig or something, please tell me the time is at least an hour before the real time, I don't understand why my friends dont do this) My friends decided to not wait for me at the station, so I had to go to Perth on my own .. which would have been fine if a group of insane bogans hadn't decided to join me :doh: Holy ****, this guy just paid over $1000 in different fines after being caught for speeding on motorway patrol.

Anyway, I escaped them and found my friends waiting at the station in Perth anyway, so we went to the place and there was like ... (Please note: I am bad at estimating) 50-100 people or something in line, and we stood there for like ... 15-20 minutes (in which time like another 3 times the amount in front of us came behind us) and then went in and nobody went to stand at the stage, just a little group of people went sort of around the right side, so we went and stood close to the left side. Then a million (not a million, it was a really small place .. maybe like 900 people total *cough*editedafterpetraresearched*cough* ) people came in and stood behind us, but we were front row, slightly leftish, well, I think my centre-most friend was basically centre, and I was the left-most, but that meant I was directly in front of the lead-singing guy of the Fratellis and the interesting guy of the Silents :biggrin2:

Okay, so the support act was the Silents, some Perth band I haven't heard of, but my friend Dani had, or something. The guy standing in front of me/us (who was basically the tallest/skinniest guy I have ever seen in my life) was some kind of maniacal musical genius. He was just like ... in his own world the whole time, at one stage he just kind of went behind a speaker and was still playing but we couldn't even see him. He played keyboard and guitar like he was in some kind of trance, once he was just shaking his guitar while making it make funny noises with his foot thingy and at the end he started spastically ripping his guitar strings off and played the very end on one guitar string. He was insane. I couldn't focus on anything else for the whole set :naughty: He's obviously the lanky one on the left here:

Clipboard01-1.jpg

Then the Fratellis came on like ... 15-20 minutes later, after their strange assortment of roadies set everything up (they had one that was a doppelganger for the manager guy from Love Actually, and one that was a doppelganger for Jesus *cough*editedbecausepetraisapedantandfartoogoodatenglish*cough*). Yeah and it was awesome. Brilliant being at the front. You know how I didn't get the second album until yesterday? Yeah, it was okay because they only played like 3 songs from it, so I knew pretty much all the songs :) Basically the audience does all the da-da-da kind of bits, which is brilliant fun :naughty: I took photos and some videos (only for the first half or so), but I've never brought my camera to a concert before, so I had no idea how well it would work, and the audio is ... pretty bad. The photos are relatively good though, if I might say so myself, but the ones of people other than the guy standing infront of us turned out a bit dodgy. The drummer-guy was pretty much hilarious, he looked like he was having fun at least :naughty: There was an extremely angry-looking security guard standing near us and he just had a very angry look on his face, and every time he looked at me I got scared and turned off my camera :naughty: One guy crowd-surfed to the front and landed in the bit between the stage and us, and angry-security-guard went mental and carried him out in a crazy head lock grip, basically beating him up, and he was pretty young. And after (still during the song) the non-lead-guitar guy grabbed angry-security-guy extremely angry-like and told him off. And then angry-security-guy had a hilarious look on his face :naughty: When the song finished non-lead-guitar guy went up to angry-security-guy and gave him a lecture. It was quite good. And then we didn't see angry-security-guy again :biggrin2: There was a funny fangurl-type trying to push between me and my friend the whole time. She was kind of hilarious, like "omg, I'm so sorry about this, I'm sorry, it's not my fault, I'm sorry *rings someone on her phone* 'omg, listen to this!' -I'm so sorry, it's not my fault, I'm sorry *thrusts arm/phone between us and towards lead-guy*" :lmao:

Uuummm, yeah that's it. We didn't meet them after or anything. There were some Scottish-or-whatever guys on the train that had been there too, and apparently a ridiculously large amount of people asked them if they were related or something :lmfao: I guess people aren't really that bright.

Oh yeah! I went to check out the merchandise and there was a step up to where it was and being the uncoordinated person that I am, I didn't see it and completely fell up it and into a stranger. And someone sitting there BURST into the most amazingly boisterous laughter I have ever heard (and I have heard some extremely boisterous laughter in my time .. mostly from myself), she was, I think, crying with laughter, and attempting through the tears to explain that she had done the same thing such a large amount of times that I wouldn't believe it.

Now I shall spam you with pictures.

P1050245.jpg

P1050230.jpgP1050233.jpg

P1050202.jpgP1050220.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose I should post at least once in this thread. :fisch:

Yes, certainly.

Nice signature you've got there :naughty:

OkD, that's alot of reading for me to be doing at 1am ..

so I'll pass and trust that Petra will read it all :naughty:

She did :cheerful_h4h:

Yeah, I wonder who made it. :wink2:

An obscenely brilliant genius, I can only assume :wink2:

I will, when everyone else MQ's the good bits :naughty:

I went to check out the merchandise and there was a step up to where it was and being the uncoordinated person that I am, I didn't see it and completely fell up it and into a stranger. And someone sitting there BURST into the most amazingly boisterous laughter I have ever heard (and I have heard some extremely boisterous laughter in my time .. mostly from myself), she was, I think, crying with laughter, and attempting through the tears to explain that she had done the same thing such a large amount of times that I wouldn't believe it.

Originally Posted by Oakie Doke viewpost.gif

I went to check out the merchandise and there was a step up to where it was and being the uncoordinated person that I am, I didn't see it and completely fell up it and into a stranger. And someone sitting there BURST into the most amazingly boisterous laughter I have ever heard (and I have heard some extremely boisterous laughter in my time .. mostly from myself), she was, I think, crying with laughter, and attempting through the tears to explain that she had done the same thing such a large amount of times that I wouldn't believe it.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Sure I wasn't there?? *zhhz*

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Sure I wasn't there?? *zhhz*

Hmm, maybe. I didn't actually see the girl, because I was trying to run away (both from anyone who saw my trip, and from the heinous tshirt prices)

*wonders if that is how you spell heinous*

*only knows it from the intro to SVU*

*goes to change signature*

That's that bloody Daffodil poem! Hubby and I were talking about it the other night (can't even remember the reason) and neither of us could remember who wrote it...

William Wordsworth - you may have heard of him :rolls_eyes:

Oh, hang on I remember why it came up! It was something to do with a Terry Pratchett quote... Anyway, how come I haven't seen you in my Ook! thread yet Silver?

:shocked: Ook? OOK? Eek!

I do come here a lot, at least a couple of times a week, but don't know what to post cause the conversations are swirling around and I feel lost.

You think you don't understand the conversations? This whole forum is full of TV progs/groups/celebrities I don't know anything about, strange food and customs, and words people make up! Compared to me, you have no wuzzas.:naughty:

Good morning Australia (is it morning?:blink:)

Hello hello.

I want to get to know some of my fellow aussies. Its so hard cause with limited time I feel lost in the huuuuge threads here.

I am in Goulburn NSW, I have no IRL friends who appreciate my Mika obsession and my DH, well I am treading on thin ice there PMSL

I can't do MSN style chatting cause it takes too much of my attention from my kids and housework.

Is there more of a Aussie only fan club anywhere?

Hello hello! First things first, I don't understand any of your acronyms

Second things second, omg Kelz, what you said about AMF came across really rude. Sure you can join AMF, but it's not really a chatty place like this thread, it's kind of like ... random extensions of injokes and stuff, and not really about Mika at all. I don't go there really anyway, it's nice here in this thread

:blush-anim-cl: Okay well I suppose I need to make more of an effort here then :wink2:

Acronyms, let me see... DH - darling (or dearest) husband, but mostly dick head PMSL (oh PMSL - pi$$ myself laughing)) IRL -in real life, Okay well I suppose I just need to make more of an effort here then :wink2:

Oh and DD, and DS are darling son and darling daughter with thier age after, and I don't think I used it but I do all the time, ROFL - roll on the floor laughing.

First of all, cos I forgot to MQ her... HELLO ST!!!! I've missed you!

So where is this Ook! thread then, CD?

Well for starters, it's in my siggy...:bleh:

(unless you've got signatures turned off, then you won't see it)

So here's a link

http://mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16149

Happy Saturday

1205486882_4f2a92d992_b.jpg

Love the purple jeans:wub2:

:blush-anim-cl: Okay well I suppose I need to make more of an effort here then

Acronyms, let me see... DH - darling (or dearest) husband, but mostly dick head PMSL (oh PMSL - pi$$ myself laughing)) IRL -in real life, Okay well I suppose I just need to make more of an effort here then :wink2:

Oh and DD, and DS are darling son and darling daughter with thier age after, and I don't think I used it but I do all the time, ROFL - roll on the floor laughing.

:roftl:OKD is up with most internet jargon, I just don't think she'd seen the ones about children with ages before:roftl:

Oh look at that 100 posts!

Woohoo! Go, SK!

I'd actually been wondering about you recently, cos I knew we joined around a similar time and then I hadn't really seen you... And now, here you are! I know my location is on here, but just in case you missed it, I'm in Canberra. So you're not too far away from me (relatively speaking).

First of all, cos I forgot to MQ her... HELLO ST!!!! I've missed you!

Hey there. *wave*

Are minutes REALLY that much longer in Australia? :shocked:

No wonder the top of the week has not happened yet!!! :roftl::roftl:

It's also why he hasn't toured here yet. :mf_rosetinted: