The Beijing Olympics!

nico_collard

9.68 - Tyson Gay : ) .

no! he beat it? De horror,de paaain! He beat Usain Bolt's record? :shocked:

Ok,I did research and he didn't

although his time of 9.68 was not officially recognized because of a 4.1 m/s windspeed, exceeding the IAAF legal limit

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't watch the final score after the Chinese finished...do you know how far the US was behind? i was so disappointed when the girl fell on the floor during her routine:thumbdown:

So you don't think the girls lied about thier age?

No, I believe they lied. It was so obvious that some of those girls were no 16 or older.

wait/ what age were theY?

o. and the girl singing on the first night was lip singin

They were younger than 16. And to compete, you must be at least 16 years old.

Yeah, I think they did. And that name is fitting. I mean, at times you couldn't even tell there was two people there.

That's weird. I mean, if it's well known that they lied about the ages of those girls, how are they still allowed to compete in an event this calibur?

It's well known, but since China gave the girls their visas, they could pretty much say anything they wanted. So in order for the girls to compete, they lied and put on their visas that they were 16. Which...wasn't true.

I wish I could remember the man that said that. He was an Olympic expert and basically told the commentator that this was going on, but that no one could do anything about it.

yeah he is so great and ..........handsome :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow: hehe

haha,well he isn't bad looking,plus he has a killer body :mf_rosetinted:

But mainly he's the best swimmer the world will see for a long long time,and that kinda makes me sad,because when he quits swimming it will get really boring

haha,well he isn't bad looking,plus he has a killer body :mf_rosetinted:

But mainly he's the best swimmer the world will see for a long long time,and that kinda makes me sad,because when he quits swimming it will get really boring

oh yes youre right just one activity is boring , but, if he is the best .............:mf_lustslow: you will admire him for a long time !!!!!!!!!!

oh yes youre right just one activity is boring , but, if he is the best .............:mf_lustslow: you will admire him for a long time !!!!!!!!!!

Not because of that,I mean I'm a swimmer myself and I love watching races,but once he's gone I'm sure nobody will be able to break his World Records for a long time

It just won't be the same because with him you know you can always expect something great. And I know not everyone knows what it means that he can swim a 1:42 on 200m freestyle...it's just inhuman,not to mention all his his other world records

Not because of that,I mean I'm a swimmer myself and I love watching races,but once he's gone I'm sure nobody will be able to break his World Records for a long time

It just won't be the same because with him you know you can always expect something great. And I know not everyone knows what it means that he can swim a 1:42 on 200m freestyle...it's just inhuman,not to mention all his his other world records

aww now I see what you mean , yes in this way its sad it wont be the same without him so I can imagine that he now is your hero , you are looking him like a ........example to follow or something like that

aww now I see what you mean , yes in this way its sad it wont be the same without him so I can imagine that he now is your hero , you are looking him like a ........example to follow or something like that

Well not my hero,but I admire him a lot for what he does,nobody before him managed to do what he is doing. I'm actually witnessing history in the making,it's amazing

I can't really follow him,he swims medley and butterfly and those are kinda my worse events :lol3: I'm a backstroker ,but I'm sure that if he'd set his mind to it he'd break records in that too

I saw on the news this morning that Phelps consumes 12,000 calories EACH DAY!!!

Crazyyy.

It's not that bad really,if you think what he consumes during training

Some years ago I had to quit swimming and when I took it up again I lost 7kg in the first training week :roftl: And I am pretty sure I don't train as hard as Phelps

Well not my hero,but I admire him a lot for what he does,nobody before him managed to do what he is doing. I'm actually witnessing history in the making,it's amazing

I can't really follow him,he swims medley and butterfly and those are kinda my worse events :lol3: I'm a backstroker ,but I'm sure that if he'd set his mind to it he'd break records in that too

hehe :bleh: so good luck for you in this , really I dont know anything about swin I dont know swim :roftl: :thumb_yello:I just know valleyball

wow , so you are a complete sportswoman:thumb_yello:

I could tell you how I was retarded enough to do athletics and volleyball at the same time and then do volleyball and swimming,before getting comfortable with swimming again :roftl:

I screwed my knees tho,triple jump made it almost die on me,combined with the tossing in volleyball. I feel like I'm one of those old grannies with knee issues :roftl:

I'm so proud of Michael Phelps. He's amazing!

Was disappointed about the women's gymnastics. It was so close. I was shocked to hear the commentator say that the it's well-known that the Chinese lied about the girl's ages. That's pretty bogus. :-/

It doesn't surprise me coming from Bela Karolyi...he's never been shy about exposing cheating, which is why I think Bob Costas sometimes cuts him off. He even talked about how some of the scores for the US weren't as high as they should be and that it's easy to cheat when it comes to gymnastics scores.

As far as the age thing, I know they did say that they found articles from one of the girl's hometown which said she was only 13 or 14 last year, making it impossible for her to be of age. Just looking at the Chinese girls compared to all the rest of the girls, you can tell. But like Bela said it wasn't caught on time so there's nothing we can do.

Even so, the US lost it for themselves when they had a chance to come back and started making mistakes. I think Alicia (the girl who fell off the beam) gets too frustrated and thinks about her mistakes too long, which causes other mistakes (like falling in the floor exercises).

I could tell you how I was retarded enough to do athletics and volleyball at the same time and then do volleyball and swimming,before getting comfortable with swimming again :roftl:

I screwed my knees tho,triple jump made it almost die on me,combined with the tossing in volleyball. I feel like I'm one of those old grannies with knee issues :roftl:

:roftl::roftl: , like grannies hahahaha

:naughty:

She did say that he is a bit of a jerk. He doesn't seem like it though. I don't know. I'm not the one who worked with him.:bleh:

I could see that. I think he does seem a bit smug in the interviews. It's easy to be nice when you're the best. :wink2: However, I'm not sure if I was as good as him if I could be very humble. :naughty:

I could see that. I think he does seem a bit smug in the interviews. It's easy to be nice when you're the best. :wink2: However, I'm not sure if I was as good as him if I could be very humble. :naughty:

who we talkin bout?

si lo sabes !!! Do you like it? ( spanish) ?

yeah,it's close to my language so of course i do :thumb_yello: