MFC Christmas Party 29th November - Planet HollyWood

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Doctor House??? I'm sorry to intrude, whenever I read his name it acts like a magnet :naughty: BTW, did you know Hugh Laurie is a collegue of mine?:bleh:

And now that I've so rudly interrupted your conversation, I leave...

Does Mister Laurie is scaving tunnel in the middle of spain? :shocked:

tell me, tell me

or maybe a collegue in a english course? but he IS english...:shocked:

i like Hugh Laurie in film that he did... i did not see any episode of doctor House, but i know he is very famous :thumb_yello:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Mister Laurie is scaving tunnel in the middle of spain? :shocked:

tell me, tell me

or maybe a collegue in a english course? but he IS english...:shocked:

i like Hugh Laurie in film that he did... i did not see any episode of doctor House, but i know he is very famous :thumb_yello:

He is an archeologist as well, didn't you know? :bleh: But he is a clever guy and tried something else, now look at him: millionaire, great looking, working far from the dust and dirt... I should have tried acting!:roftl:

I've liked him since I saw him in Brideshead back in the 80s:naughty:

Okay I was thinking, since it's a christmas party and all, maybe we could all bring a little present, so Santa has something to hand out to all the good little MFCers :arf2:

Oh this is an excellent idea!:thumb_yello:

I love the 'secret santa' type idea! :mf_lustslow: However, I think it would be very sensible to set a spending limit,.....£2 max or £3 max or whatever

Kath, so sorry you had to go through this rollercoaster ride with the booking people,:shocked: and how good isn’t it that it went well in the end?!:sweatdrop:

When I worked as an "in-job planner" it was my role to make bookings like this, conference places, lectures and restaurants so I know a little of what you’re going through.

And…if something should go wrong… knock on wood…with the restaurant or the booking…take it easy. We’ll find something else to go or to do. I mean it is London after all, one of the biggest cities in the world.:thumb_yello:

Doctor House??? I'm sorry to intrude, whenever I read his name it acts like a magnet :naughty: BTW, did you know Hugh Laurie is a collegue of mine?:bleh:

And now that I've so rudly interrupted your conversation, I leave...

Oooh I love him, he's great!! :wub2: So grumpy but so funny

Great actor, Hugh.

ok

maybe Dottor Casa?

stupid translation of Doctor House :bleh:

He is absolutely great but neither young, nor Italian like Kath requested :bleh:.

Kath, poor you, it is not nice from PH to scare you so much! I am glad everything worked out well in the end. I will definately buy you a bacardi at the party even though you may be needing it harder right now :bleh:.

:shocked:OK, first major nervous breakdown over this as opposed to the mini ones I have had already.

The booking is done by 'Discount London' which is the site that we looked at that had the special Christmas menu. As far as I was concerncerd I had a provisional booking for thirty with them. I had an email today saying that my request was 'being processed'. When I got home form work there was a message to say call Discount London. They are now saying that they can't fit us in:shocked: I went through all sorts of arguments but trying to argue that one had a booking when they said I didn't was quite frankly a waste of breath. She went through all the 'can you do the night before, can you do the week before' type crap etc etc. I then called Planet Hollywood direct who said that they were 'very very sorry' ..........they had a provisional booking for 74 and one for 35 and they had to wait and see if they were going to be booked. So I said...are you sure that the 35 is not my booking? and she said 'no'.

HOWEVER...................STOP PRESS:shocked:

I have just had another call from Discount London (and for anyone who is wondering why we were doing it this way...it is cheaper than booking direct with the restaurant)..............to say that basically they had made a balls up and the booking for 35 WAS mine! So......after an hour of complete turmoil I can now breath again!

The only thing is, appently the full amount will be deducted from my card, not just the deposit. However, given that I will be paying by Visa, by the time I get the bill in and it is due to be paid, it won't be much different to the original date that we had said anyway, the end of Sept. There are just 8 people that have paid a deposit and will have the balance to pay and then three people who are still to pay.............and have all been in touch. 24 people are already fully paid up:thumb_yello: That brings us to 35..........although I have one spare place currently as unfortunately Haechen02 is no longer able to join us.

OK..................sorry if I have rambled on.....but I was half way through typing when I got the call to say it was ok!

SO, in conclusion...we have a definate booking at Planet Hollywood for 29th Nov at 9:30 for thirty five people.:thumb_yello:

Wow, that must've been really bad for your heart:shocked: Thank you Kath for all the things you do:wub2:

thanks Christine:wub2:... I've just sent her a PM...

Yes, thank you..........pm sent in reply. Anyone that has THAT pic in her sigi requires special attention!:naughty: I have actually been writing to Gracekelly85 on youtube for ages without realising it was the same person but then I don't have the same name on there either:naughty:

Updated list:

Definates:

Wendi

Laurel

Sariflor

Babspanky

Hotdlp

Starrats

Sienna

Ruth

Soaring Simpson

Biekje

Marilyn Mastin and Alan

Silver

Vickylovesmika

Kata

Jemmalee

Monie

Shady

Christine

Mika Mad

Freddiesdouble

Mikas Gal (caz)

Mirtilla

Aurelien

Allegra

Bettasan

Abby

Kath

IngievV

RAK1

LAFashionista

GraceKelly85

Axie Dental

Very possibles:

Greta

Violetsky

Kath - I hope this is not a stupid question - but those who are in

London, but not coming for the meal - can they still get into Planet

Hollywood - is it a night club type place - or just a restaurant with

a DJ? :blink:

Probably someone with local knowledge will be able to answer better Wendi, I know they have a bar.......but I don't know if it essentially just for pre dinning. But no doubt earlier in the evening we will be in a bar somewhere where we could all meet?

Probably someone with local knowledge will be able to answer better Wendi, I know they have a bar.......but I don't know if it essentially just for pre dinning. But no doubt earlier in the evening we will be in a bar somewhere where we could all meet?

I just wondered if there is a DJ then there could be dancing - and that

surely cant just be for the diners - or is it!! Someone from London? :blink:

Well I don't know.............it is a huge place, they can take group bookings up to 500:shocked:

Hi kath and wendi :wub2:

Yes there is a bar wendi , and a seperate eating area :thumb_yello: Basically when you walk in the place you walk into the bar area , then further up the room is the eating area , if its the same planet hollywood we went to anyway :naughty:, but im sure if theres more than one they will have a similar layout :thumb_yello:

and thanks for everything btw Kath :wink2:

Edit -- there is music in there too btw , but no DJ from what i remember , Ingie will be DJ or singer as stated below me <points> hehe :naughty:

I could sing:mf_rosetinted: Or we could have Francis to sing...I think Mika is a bit too farfetched?:roftl:

Kath - I hope this is not a stupid question - but those who are in

London, but not coming for the meal - can they still get into Planet

Hollywood - is it a night club type place - or just a restaurant with

a DJ? :blink:

attention please... :cool:

now...

a foreign person who does not speak english give informations about london to UK people :naughty:

the fisrt december of 2007 there was a mistake and a misunderstood... so, finally, some MFCers ate at steak house and some MFCers ate at planet hollywod.

after dinner people who ate at steak house joined others people without problems... and we stayed there all togheter :thumb_yello:

attention please... :cool:

now...

a foreign person who does not speak english give informations about london to UK people :naughty:

the fisrt december of 2007 there was a mistake and a misunderstood... so, finally, some MFCers ate at steak house and some MFCers ate at planet hollywod.

after dinner people who ate at steak house joined others people without problems... and we stayed there all togheter :thumb_yello:

Thank you dear sweet potato!! :wub2:

http://www.planethollywoodlondon.com/promotions/xmas-office-party.php

Christmas Party

Package Includes:

3 Course Menu - Live DJ - Christmas Crackers

3 course Lunch & Dinner -£24.95

sorry people, i need a translation...

Is Live dj a vegetable course or a dessert? :blush-anim-cl:

:lmao: :lmao:

Yes, thank you..........pm sent in reply. Anyone that has THAT pic in her sigi requires special attention!:naughty: I have actually been writing to Gracekelly85 on youtube for ages without realising it was the same person but then I don't have the same name on there either:naughty:

and I replied too... :naughty:

I'll pay you as soon as possible! :thumb_yello:

I'm very happy to meet you.... :wink2: