MFC Christmas Party 29th November - Planet HollyWood

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I was thinking, since it's a christmas party and all, maybe we could all bring a little present, so Santa has something to hand out to all the good little MFCers :arf2:

I think that's a good idea. If everyone brings one little present, there will be enough for all of us :original:.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've heard. I've stayed in two hotels in London before and they were fine.... I must've been lucky. :bleh:

I checked those same hotels, they've gone way up in price now:thumbdown:

Thanks for the link. :wink2:

Good luck with your search .. hope you get something :thumb_yello:

Okay I was thinking, since it's a christmas party and all, maybe we could all bring a little present, so Santa has something to hand out to all the good little MFCers :arf2:

I shall love to fulfil this task :bleh:

Ill be bringing some bits and bobs , this is a cute idea :thumb_yello:

:shocked:OK, first major nervous breakdown over this as opposed to the mini ones I have had already.

The booking is done by 'Discount London' which is the site that we looked at that had the special Christmas menu. As far as I was concerncerd I had a provisional booking for thirty with them. I had an email today saying that my request was 'being processed'. When I got home form work there was a message to say call Discount London. They are now saying that they can't fit us in:shocked: I went through all sorts of arguments but trying to argue that one had a booking when they said I didn't was quite frankly a waste of breath. She went through all the 'can you do the night before, can you do the week before' type crap etc etc. I then called Planet Hollywood direct who said that they were 'very very sorry' ..........they had a provisional booking for 74 and one for 35 and they had to wait and see if they were going to be booked. So I said...are you sure that the 35 is not my booking? and she said 'no'.

HOWEVER...................STOP PRESS:shocked:

I have just had another call from Discount London (and for anyone who is wondering why we were doing it this way...it is cheaper than booking direct with the restaurant)..............to say that basically they had made a balls up and the booking for 35 WAS mine! So......after an hour of complete turmoil I can now breath again!

The only thing is, appently the full amount will be deducted from my card, not just the deposit. However, given that I will be paying by Visa, by the time I get the bill in and it is due to be paid, it won't be much different to the original date that we had said anyway, the end of Sept. There are just 8 people that have paid a deposit and will have the balance to pay and then three people who are still to pay.............and have all been in touch. 24 people are already fully paid up:thumb_yello: That brings us to 35..........although I have one spare place currently as unfortunately Haechen02 is no longer able to join us.

OK..................sorry if I have rambled on.....but I was half way through typing when I got the call to say it was ok!

SO, in conclusion...we have a definate booking at Planet Hollywood for 29th Nov at 9:30 for thirty five people.:thumb_yello:

:shocked:OK, first major nervous breakdown over this as opposed to the mini ones I have had already.

The booking is done by 'Discount London' which is the site that we looked at that had the special Christmas menu. As far as I was concerncerd I had a provisional booking for thirty with them. I had an email today saying that my request was 'being processed'. When I got home form work there was a message to say call Discount London. They are now saying that they can't fit us in:shocked: I went through all sorts of arguments but trying to argue that one had a booking when they said I didn't was quite frankly a waste of breath. She went through all the 'can you do the night before, can you do the week before' type crap etc etc. I then called Planet Hollywood direct who said that they were 'very very sorry' ..........they had a provisional booking for 74 and one for 35 and they had to wait and see if they were going to be booked. So I said...are you sure that the 35 is not my booking? and she said 'no'.

I have just had another call from Discount London (and for anyone who is wondering why we were doing it this way...it is cheaper than booking direct with the restaurant)..............to say that basically they had made a balls up and the booking for 35 WAS mine! So......after an hour of complete turmoil I can now breath again!

The only thing is, appently the full amount will be deducted from my card, not just the deposit. However, given that I will be paying by Visa, by the time I get the bill in and it is due to be paid, it won't be much different to the original date that we had said anyway, the end of Sept. There are just 8 people that have paid a deposit and will have the balance to pay and then three people who are still to pay.............and have all been in touch. 24 people are already fully paid up:thumb_yello: That brings us to 35..........although I have one spare place currently as unfortunately Haechen02 is no longer able to join us.

OK..................sorry if I have rambled on.....but I was half way through typing when I got the call to say it was ok!

SO, in conclusion...we have a definate booking at Planet Hollywood for 29th Nov at 9:30 for thirty five people.:thumb_yello:

Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I was just about to say lets just hit a pub and get wrecked !

Good news in the end Kath , phew!! we owe you huh?? , I bet you had to take a huge breath!:boxed:

Can I/we do anything to help?

Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I was just about to say lets just hit a pub and get wrecked !

Good news in the end Kath , phew!! we owe you huh?? , I bet you had to take a huge breath!:boxed:

Can I/we do anything to help?

You very nearly got a very panicy phone call fred!:roftl:

I had visions of having to refund everyone and paypal taking another cut!:shocked:

AND us having nowhere to go!

BTW the total bill is £873.25.............a LOT of money!:shocked:

Yes agrees , just something small

Its not about the size its about the thought , hold on no ...

Its the thought that counts :wub2::thumb_yello:

I think it's a great idea. It will have to be small anyway as most people are travelling, some flying. But...expensive things can come in small packages so I think we definatetly need to set a limit:thumb_yello:

I of course will accept a large bottle of bacardi!:naughty::roftl:

You very nearly got a very panicy phone call fred!:roftl:

I had visions of having to refund everyone and paypal taking another cut!:shocked:

AND us having nowhere to go!

BTW the total bill is £873.25.............a LOT of money!:shocked:

CALL me anytime , you know that :thumb_yello:

Is it a lot of money for sure , anything I can please ask , youve taken this on and done a cracking job :thumb_yello:

Yeh paypal can really rip you off sometimes!:boxed:

CALL me anytime , you know that :thumb_yello:

Is it a lot of money for sure , anything I can please ask , youve taken this on and done a cracking job :thumb_yello:

Yeh paypal can really rip you off sometimes!:boxed:

Thanks Fred:thumb_yello: Will do.

OK, I am off now...my blood pressure needs to settle!:naughty:

Awwwwwwww Kath..... :huglove: You're a complete star.... just breathe now hunny.... OK..... But this wouldn't be happening without all your hard work.... You're just brilliant.... :bleh:

HOWEVER...................STOP PRESS

i did not understand anything... too long, too difficult, too english for me :blush-anim-cl:

but... if i understood well the end: all is right? all is ok like we planned? i hope yes :thumb_yello:

thank you poor Kath.... must i bring a doctor from italy? for your frequents heart's attack?

and... the others 70 people who are they?

madonna fan club?

michael jakson fan club?

:punk:

i did not understand anything... too long, too difficult, too english for me :blush-anim-cl:

but... if i understood well the end: all is right? all is ok like we planned? i hope yes :thumb_yello:

thank you poor Kath.... must i bring a doctor from italy? for your frequents heart's attack?

and... the others 70 people who are they?

madonna fan club?

michael jakson fan club?

:punk:

they are mika, family, relatives, friends, management............:bleh:

Allegra, if you have a nice young handsome Italian Doctor please feel free to bring him..........should we book another place?:naughty:

Thanks everyone for all your support...........all I can say is that next year I think we should book in January.........maybe we should start a savings club!:roftl:

MMM interesting theories on the other booking..........it remains to be seen, but whoever they are, I bet we are louder!:naughty:

Allegra, if you have a nice young handsome Italian Doctor please feel free to bring him..........should we book another place?:naughty:

Thanks everyone for all your support...........all I can say is that next year I think we should book in January.........maybe we should start a savings club!:roftl:

MMM interesting theories on the other booking..........it remains to be seen, but whoever they are, I bet we are louder!:naughty:

Kath, thanks for all your hard work with this, I definitely think you deserve a very big bottle of Bacardi :thumb_yello:

And maybe a resuscitator.

Doctor House??? I'm sorry to intrude, whenever I read his name it acts like a magnet :naughty: BTW, did you know Hugh Laurie is a collegue of mine?:bleh:

And now that I've so rudly interrupted your conversation, I leave...

Robertina will no doubt be on the case..........I remember seeing him in her kitchen!:naughty: