Any atheists ?

Pam Travers

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

hmmmm, interesting thread that ive stumbled upon.

Ive read through some of it, though im too lazy to read through it all. and some intersting points have been made.

Im a bit weird myself, I dont think theres a god, but sometimes im a bit selfish and need to blame things on someone.

Well, that makes me sound a bit of a jerk. I just cant fathom the existance of someone as almighty as god (struggling trying to comprehend how Mika is real. :teehee:). How can something beleived to be that powerful, be contained in a single being? I was discussing this with this christian guy in my homeroom, and he brought up a good point, That no-one had made such a difference in peoples lives, wether he exists or not. I agree with that, its great the transformation some people go through because of god (then again, there are serial killers who beleive god sent them on a 'mission'. or am i just watching too much tv? :teehee:), but i...no. I just cant see it.

So, i guess that makes me Atheist. Or at least Bi-religist.:wink2:

hmmmm, interesting thread that ive stumbled upon.

Ive read through some of it, though im too lazy to read through it all. and some intersting points have been made.

Im a bit weird myself, I dont think theres a god, but sometimes im a bit selfish and need to blame things on someone.

Well, that makes me sound a bit of a jerk. I just cant fathom the existance of someone as almighty as god (struggling trying to comprehend how Mika is real. :teehee:). How can something beleived to be that powerful, be contained in a single being? I was discussing this with this christian guy in my homeroom, and he brought up a good point, That no-one had made such a difference in peoples lives, wether he exists or not. I agree with that, its great the transformation some people go through because of god (then again, there are serial killers who beleive god sent them on a 'mission'. or am i just watching too much tv? :teehee:), but i...no. I just cant see it.

So, i guess that makes me Atheist. Or at least Bi-religist.:wink2:

Hi Nique

Welcome to the thread :thumb_yello: Lots of people are inspired by their beliefs - to do good or bad things - but there are so many versions of belief they can't all be true :biggrin2:

Hi Nique

Welcome to the thread :thumb_yello: Lots of people are inspired by their beliefs - to do good or bad things - but there are so many versions of belief they can't all be true :biggrin2:

Exactly! :biggrin2:

also, Catholic churce excommunicate women who aborted and gay, but not "religious" criminals { http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%27Ndrangheta } who money launder in Vatican banks :annoyed_h4h:

What do you expect? A church founded on the basis of the irrational belief in the existance of a deity cannot be expected to be rational in the way it operates.

What do you expect? A church founded on the basis of the irrational belief in the existance of a deity cannot be expected to be rational in the way it operates.

Now that is very true, I must say :aah:

hey :)

i myself am a firm believer in God. i understand it's not everyone's 'cup of tea'...and in no way do i want to shove anything down anybody's throat :)

i find that since learning about God i am becoming a much better person, and i am happier in being myself. there is a lot of comfort in the fact that whatever you do, however much you or anybody else hates you...there is always somebody who will love you no matter what.

i don't mind if you don't agree with me...or if nobody here agrees with me at all haha :biggrin2:

i myself am a firm believer in God. i understand it's not everyone's 'cup of tea'...and in no way do i want to shove anything down anybody's throat :)

i find that since learning about God i am becoming a much better person, and i am happier in being myself. there is a lot of comfort in the fact that whatever you do, however much you or anybody else hates you...there is always somebody who will love you no matter what.

i don't mind if you don't agree with me...or if nobody here agrees with me at all haha :biggrin2:

Hi there,

I've bolded the parts that I want to quote. Basically, this is what I salways say. People believe because they need it at a certain level, and it makes their life easier.

I just don't have that need, and I can't accept a belief that is so ethereal and in something that there is no proof of, but if others are happy believing whatever, that is fine with me as long as they don't try and justify certain things (such as trying to "prove" their beliefs) or to shove their beliefs down my throat :naughty:.

So yes, if you are happier like this, I think that it's a good thing.

yes I get it, own law & morality & everything but..

please Vatican..go back to Jerusalem would you? Italy doesn't need any other mafia in legislative assembly.

when will someone invent a RU666 to get rid of the Pope&Co?! :aah:

That's a placebo effect:thumb_yello:

Hi there,

I've bolded the parts that I want to quote. Basically, this is what I salways say. People believe because they need it at a certain level, and it makes their life easier.

I just don't have that need, and I can't accept a belief that is so ethereal and in something that there is no proof of, but if others are happy believing whatever, that is fine with me as long as they don't try and justify certain things (such as trying to "prove" their beliefs) or to shove their beliefs down my throat :naughty:.

So yes, if you are happier like this, I think that it's a good thing.

it's not even that i do it because it makes my life easier...my life has improved in so many ways that i could have never previously imagined because i have chosen to put all my faith in God. [sorry to get all preachy on you there haha]

like you said, it's fine by me if people want to believe other things. the only thing i personally can't stand is when people insult religion just because they don't understand it. yes, it's okay to believe in different things and to disagree but when it's when they start to become nasty about it that it bothers me.

it's not even that i do it because it makes my life easier...my life has improved in so many ways that i could have never previously imagined because i have chosen to put all my faith in God. [sorry to get all preachy on you there haha]

like you said, it's fine by me if people want to believe other things. the only thing i personally can't stand is when people insult religion just because they don't understand it. yes, it's okay to believe in different things and to disagree but when it's when they start to become nasty about it that it bothers me.

I agree with you, nobody should get nasty with another person because of their beliefs, and I think that I follow that. In my experience though, it's always been religious people who get nasty first, when they often attack me for not "believing", or when they expect me to justify why I don't believe. This is where it gets tricky.

I don't "believe" in anything. I just observe facts and go with what is proven. Religion is about believing in something that you don't have any proof of, and as long as religious people don't try to equate the two things, I'm good.

hello :bye:

Did you know there is a Christian thread ? you might find some who share your views there :thumb_yello:http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8912&highlight=christians

• 2 weeks later...