• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

na, Riccardo Scamarcio. the hair is right, but nothing else.

Oooh I see LOL

Yeah he kind of looks liek the guy my mother used to work with who started off wanting to marry me and then began calling me sister and called my mother "Mummy" and I had to get rid of him somehow.......

Nowdays grandad still wonders where he got to... :devil:

Just found this :boxed:

9-67-20090305212906.jpg

Sliimy - Paint Your Face, het Franse antwoord op Mika (http://www.showbizzsite.be/nieuws/detail.asp?iImsNid=91316)

The article is in Dutch but it says this:

Sliimy - Paint Your Face, The French Mika

Sliimy is the French answer on Mika, he's very popular on the internet with his cover of Britney's Womanizer, even noticed by Perez Hilton. His first single is Wake Up. Release first album: 3 April.

http://www.warnermusic.nl/mediaplayer.php?movie=79602 (Wake Up)

http://www.myspace.com/sliimy

I don't think I like him :boxed:

9-67-20090305212906.jpg

Sliimy - Paint Your Face, The French Mika

wow!:shocked: you may not like him but you can't ignore the similarities! the hair for a start, i don't care what he sounds like,:wink2: i'll just happily marry his hair instead:wub2: lol :-D

hold on a mo! i've just looked at therest of 'sliimy's' pix on myspace! he really is shockingly like Mika! he truly is a completely french version i think! even the crazy colours, clothes and poses! it's quite bizarre, go check out the pix http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=215190489&albumId=63704

crazy stuff!:shocked: xxx

wow!:shocked: you may not like him but you can't ignore the similarities! the hair for a start, i don't care what he sounds like,:wink2: i'll just happily marry his hair instead:wub2: lol :-D

yep, you're right, the similarities are definitely there. But I don't like his music...

I have a strange feeling when I look at that pic; he really looks like Mika but I know it's NOT Mika and I don't know what to think about it, if you understand what I mean...

I like his hair though :wink2:

hold on a mo! i've just looked at therest of 'sliimy's' pix on myspace! he really is shockingly like Mika! he truly is a completely french version i think! even the crazy colours, clothes and poses! it's quite bizarre, go check out the pix http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=215190489&albumId=63704

crazy stuff!:shocked: xxx

WOW :shocked:

It's spooky :shocked: He's almost a Mika clone :naughty:

WOW :shocked:

It's spooky :shocked: He's almost a Mika clone :naughty:

hhhm we're gonna have to keep an eye on this one! he has looooads of fans already!:shocked: hhhm little mister Mika clone! you are being watched!:sneaky2: don't copy the real thing too much or ELSE!!! oh and btw, you're right, his music is NOWHERE near as good as mika's! :wub2:

hhhm we're gonna have to keep an eye on this one! he has looooads of fans already!:shocked: hhhm little mister Mika clone! you are being watched!:sneaky2: don't copy the real thing too much or ELSE!!! oh and btw, you're right, his music is NOWHERE near as good as mika's! :wub2:

Yeah, I just don't like it if he copies Mika too much :sneaky2:

For me he will NEVER be as good as Mika :wub2:

9-67-20090305212906.jpg

don't be mean with him, he don't want to be Mika (as Neo ¬¬)

I asked him by myspace if he like Mika and he said:

"yeah really he is kinda amazing and he is full of talent :) "

"From mika the song over my shoulders is so beautiful my favourite but it's so hard to chose there's a lot of amazing song in his album.

I love Lily's new song "the fear" she can write amazing lyrics as no one else."

for me he sounds more like Kate NAsh :P

Edited by ana8892

9-67-20090305212906.jpg

hmm...I actually don't mind his music...kind of cool :D

he reminded me of prince when I first looked at him

but of course, mika is still my favorite and always is:wub2:

Edited by England

Mika is currently recording his second album in New York while he tells him fans he’s in LA. This is because his online fan club are a bunch of weirdos and he doesn’t want them google earthing his recording studio and appartment.

The record company have hired me, Catherine (Kate) Shackle to do some jobs while his mother Joannie Penniman is taking a well deserved holiday in an undisclosed location somewhere else in the USA. She felt that as her son was a weirdo, she didn’t want him google earthing her design studio and hotel his shy sister Yasmine tells me.

I woke with a start on a crispy Monday morning. This new job that the record company seemed almost desperate to give me – though they said she was one of many applicants – should be interesting.

I threw on a seamed pair of stockings, a black waist high skirt, a plain white shirt tucked into said skirt, a black waist-coat jacket with tails and a few silvery flower clips in wild dark hair to hold it up. I grabbed a handbag and slid my new rainbow coloured PDA inside.

I did wonder about the rainbow coloured PDA…

I got to MONSTERCURLIES recording studio at 7:30am on the dot.

I was due to start work at 8.

At 8 I had already bought four coffees. One for me, one for Mika, one for Yasmine, who had given me the PDA and one for Lucy who was chosen from the online forum (they call it MFC) to dance on stage to be some character from his first album. I guessed a “Big Girl” or a “Lollipop Girl” judging on what little I had read about him. Anyway, we were going to work on outfits for an upcoming mini theatre tour around Europe and Mika had taken a special liking to Lucy for a piano piece she had composed and he’d seen on her youtube.

I waited in the studio for a few minutes before she walked in.

Lucy was indeed a big girl. Shorter than me (which isn’t hard) and with startlingly red hair. She seemed surprised by my presence.

“Oh… Hi” She waved awkwardly.

“Hello. Um, you must be Lucy?”

“Yeah.”

“Where are you from? Your accent…”

“Oh, yeah, it’s weird, haha, Wales – I’m from Wales…”

“Oh. That’s nice.”

“Mmm”

Silence.

“Well, I wasn’t expecting to see anyone here, we don’t start till 9 and I just wanted to come in and play the piano for a bit while it was still quiet, you know?” She was babbling now but her eyes looked shyly toward the keyboard in the corner of the meeting room with a vase of fake flowers underneath.

“Oh, well sure, I won’t hold you back hun., wait, did you ay NINE?”

“Well yes…”

”But the PDA said 8”

“Oh, yeah, somebody should probably have told you” She murmured “When it says 8 it means 9. Mika’s always late.” She giggled as she said this. I could hear her thoughts “He’s so adorable!” pfft, he doesn’t seem like much to me…

Lucy sat down at the keyboard and began playing. It was mesmerising.

For the next 45 minutes I sat quietly just listening as she wove the tune together.

At 9:15 Yasmine walked in with four hot coffees in one hand and dragging Mika’s arm with the other.

“Silly, silly, silly, silly! Oh hi Catherine, I’m so sorry, I didn’t realise that Mika still had HIS times stored in his old PDA” She rolled her eyes at him.

“Hey, I can’t help it if YOU can’t organise yourself better! I am up to my EYES in work right now Yasmine!” He gave her a withering look.

Yasmine passed around the coffees and we got to work.

The drawings were wonderful! So colourful and every bit as characaturistic as the album artwork!

Lucy tried on a pink corseted lingerie piece with a pair of orange heels. Apparently she was going to have a doll made in her likeness as well as several other girls and Mika and his band for an auction for charity. If the price was alright I’d like to have the Lucy doll, she really was very pretty in all her glory and her awkwardness.

Yasmine changed a few things on my PDA. Apparently it had belonged to Mika first but then he got another one and so this one was given to me and as he was always an hour or so late, things were scheduled as an hour before for him so my timing was all wrong.

To be honest, I didn’t like Mika’s music. It seemed as if he was trying to copy two very new artists called Sliimy and Neo. Both from Europe of course and here he was with his brown curly hair and varied vocal tones.

But he seemed lovely!

Wacked, but lovely!

We got onto the subject of who would be supporting Mika on a couple of legs of the tour. The names were Amile, Patrick Wolf (who was ruled out for some blog post), Lucy Wainwright and, I was shocked and surprised to hear the names of Neo AND Sliimy!

More to come :wink2:

don't be mean with him, he don't want to be Mika (as Neo ¬¬)

I asked him by myspace if he like Mika and he said:

"yeah really he is kinda amazing and he is full of talent :) "

"From mika the song over my shoulders is so beautiful my favourite but it's so hard to chose there's a lot of amazing song in his album.

I love Lily's new song "the fear" she can write amazing lyrics as no one else."

for me he sounds more like Kate NAsh :P

he IS.. duh.. have you not noticed how stupidly popular mika is in france. that is a mika-wannabe. he is TRYING to be as much like mika as he can without saying it directly.

I'll say nothing about his music & it's cool that he likes mika too . It's not that I hate him or something! there are only so much similarities, on purpose or not? I dunno...

And about "the fear", I love that song too! :punk:

Or we could put Neo and Sliimy together in a merger machine and force their DNA together to create one super-Mikaclone that would still not do him justice!

:roftl: :roftl: well, you have fantasy :naughty:

Mika is currently recording his second album in New York while he tells him fans he’s in LA. This is because his online fan club are a bunch of weirdos and he doesn’t want them google earthing

More to come :wink2:

More of that please :biggrin2: