Marianne84

Ahh, I still haven't posted the photos! :shocked: I will soon, it's just there's a lot and editing took some time.

There are more than just one way for Mika to inspire me. His looks and affection for toys got me to create Mini Mika. BUT... it's his songs too, and especially all the funny and fascinating characters he has created. I don't even know how some of them look like, because there are many versions of them. So I might as well do my own versions! And I mean as dolls.

Before I had even heard the new songs I painted a doll that turned out to be looking like a fish. So a fish she became! I finished her a few days ago and quickly made her an appropriate dress.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce to you... Lady Jane before she found her fella, lost him, cut off her feet and got eaten!

LadyJane.jpg

The little pic shows the doll's head before customizing. I repainted the face completely and also did a partial hair re-root and gave the doll rooted eye lashes.

SV107479_rr.jpg

SV107484_r.jpg

SV107439_r.jpg

SV107449_rr_bw.jpg

I would have put this in the fan art thread but didn't wanna scare too many people - as this is fan art to the extreme! :freak:

Edited by Marianne84
  • Like 1

Ahh, I still haven't posted the photos! :shocked: I will soon, it's just there's a lot and editing took some time.

There are more than just one way for Mika to inspire me. His looks and affection for toys got me to create Mini Mika. BUT... it's his songs too, and especially all the funny and fascinating characters he has created. I don't even know how some of them look like, because there are many versions of them. So I might as well do my own versions! And I mean as dolls.

Before I had even heard the new songs I painted a doll that turned out to be looking like a fish. So a fish she became! I finished her a few days ago and quickly made her an appropriate dress.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce to you... Lady Jane before she found her fella, lost him, cut off her feet and got eaten!

LadyJane.jpg

The little pic shows the doll's head before customizing. I repainted the face completely and also did a partial hair re-root and gave the doll rooted eye lashes.

SV107479_rr.jpg

SV107484_r.jpg

SV107439_r.jpg

SV107449_rr_bw.jpg

I would have put this in the fan art thread but didn't wanna scare too many people - as this is fan art to the extreme! :freak :

Could I just say .... you really are amazing at this .... truly .... talented :huglove:

• 2 months later...

My little viking-to-be, Caliste, who is a former Fashion Royalty 'Old Is New' Giselle now on a Dynamite Girl body by Integrity toy company (I love this language of doll collectors! :naughty: ) is dancing here to Mika's Grace Kelly Remix at the disco. Notice the gesture she does with her hand! :biggrin2:

Calistedancing.jpg

Calistedancing2.jpg

Calistedancing3.jpg

Calistedancing4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Great doll!

I wish I had a Mika Ken when I was a little girl!! I hated Ken, his fake tan and blond hair...

You'll just have to promise you won't stick voodoo pins in it!

Ha ha! I can promise I won't. I don't think I'll ever see Mini Mika again as he's living with Mika now! :wink2::biggrin2:

• 4 weeks later...

http://moccasiini.wordpress.com/2009/10/19/we-are-baa-aaack/

Artem blogged! :thumb_yello:

Sorry it took so long to publish the photos. And there's more coming. I don't think I have shown you the photos of Mini Mika's send-off party yet. In addition I have a new Mini Mika! :biggrin2: I started painting him yesterday and he's looking good so far. I'm making two Mika dolls this time and one of them will be for sale! :wink2:

I'm gonna post two more blogs this week, so keep an eye out for more pictures and news!

http://moccasiini.wordpress.com/2009/10/19/we-are-baa-aaack/

Artem blogged! :thumb_yello:

Sorry it took so long to publish the photos. And there's more coming. I don't think I have shown you the photos of Mini Mika's send-off party yet. In addition I have a new Mini Mika! :biggrin2: I started painting him yesterday and he's looking good so far. I'm making two Mika dolls this time and one of them will be for sale! :wink2:

I'm gonna post two more blogs this week, so keep an eye out for more pictures and news!

Aaaw! All the pictures and a new friend and MM is gone and I feel all teary and naustalgic! :tears:

But it's very nice to see that life does go on without the lovely Mini Mika!

Well done! :yay:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mini Mika number 2 - first photos!

Here is Mini Mika's ex, Artem, introducing the next two Mini Mikas! I will sell one of them once they are both finished.

Artem14.jpg

I didn't want to paint another doll with a huge smile on his face. I wanted to do something more serious this time. So I removed the lip paint and cut off the doll's teeth and shut his mouth with super glue. The first time I do something like this!

MiniMikaversion2.jpg

I then removed the rest of the paint and started repainting the face. I'm not satisfied with the shape of the mouth, because it makes his eyes look somehow... you know, pervy. :shocked: And that's not the look I want for this doll.

MiniMikaversion2_2.jpg

More like this:

MiniMikaversion2_3.jpg

I want it to be a serious face, so I'm going to try re-molding the lips today, using clay. :naughty: I have wiped off his left eye because it wasn't on the same level with the other one. Shame, 'cause I really liked the eyes so far. You can't always get it right at the first try (I never do).

To be continued...

Edited by Marianne84
  • Like 1

so how do you go about re-sculptering a plastic doll? do you melt the parts into shape, cut them, and what paints do you use that don't rub off? (just curious cos I saw the last Mika doll in person at Saddlers Wells, you were sat a few seats up from us). I did send you the video I have of him receiving it have'nt I?

No, I don't think I have seen your video. I'd like to see it though!

I didn't have to melt anything. I hated the doll's dimples so my original idea was just to cover them somehow, so yesterday I bought some polymer clay called Milliput. I use acrylics to paint my dolls, but I have no idea how well the paint stays on the sculpted part of the doll's face. My sculpture is now rock hard and I'm going to start painting it tonight. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mattel is producing that Sugar Daddy Ken after all! I'm so buying it! :biggrin2:

Artem has this France inspired night club called 'Moreland'. He took his friend Scarlett there, to help her get over her idiotic boyfriend Heath. I think she's managing just fine! :naughty: The brown haired guy in the middle will be one of the new Mini Mikas, I just wanted to tell you that. :wink2:

Moreland.jpg

Mattel is producing that Sugar Daddy Ken after all! I'm so buying it! :biggrin2:

Artem has this France inspired night club called 'Moreland'. He took his friend Scarlett there, to help her get over her idiotic boyfriend Heath. I think she's managing just fine! :naughty: The brown haired guy in the middle will be one of the new Mini Mikas, I just wanted to tell you that. :wink2:

Moreland.jpg

Oohh... New Mika clone. :das:

Love the One Foot Boy shirt. :wub2: