Jarvis Cocker's Fantasy Band

Miro

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/my-fantasy-band-jarvis-cocker-981413.html

My Fantasy Band: Jarvis Cocker

Interview by Gillian Orr

Friday, 31 October 2008

Vocals - Mika

I had this dream and there was this band in it called Dragonlight, protecting the Earth from alien invaders. On vocals was Mika, who could unleash a piercing falsetto note that burst the aliens' eardrums. :blink::naughty:

Bass - Phil Lynott

On bass was Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy. Not only was he loud, he kept blinding the invaders with the reflections of light from the scratch plate on his bass.

Guitar - Nick Heyward

The Haircut 100 frontman had his instrument hanging just below his chin. When he played a special chord he morphed into Justin Hayward (of The Moody Blues) and slew the aliens with a stunning version of the haunting "Forever Autumn" from Jeff Wayne's masterful 'War of the Worlds' album.

Keyboards - Gary Numan

The glacial chords he was playing came out as clouds of dry ice! It was a perfect smokescreen to allow our heroes to make a quick getaway if needed.

Drums - Karen Carpenter

Holding the whole thing together with a steady back-beat and ready at any point to weigh in with a rendition of "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft". If I could remember the songs they were playing in my dream, I would stand to make a pretty penny.

Edited by Miro

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/my-fantasy-band-jarvis-cocker-981413.html

Interview by Gillian Orr

Friday, 31 October 2008

Vocals - Mika

I had this dream and there was this band in it called Dragonlight, protecting the Earth from alien invaders. On vocals was Mika, who could unleash a piercing falsetto note that burst the aliens' eardrums. :blink::naughty:

Bass - Phil Lynott

On bass was Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy. Not only was he loud, he kept blinding the invaders with the reflections of light from the scratch plate on his bass.

Guitar - Nick Heyward

The Haircut 100 frontman had his instrument hanging just below his chin. When he played a special chord he morphed into Justin Hayward (of The Moody Blues) and slew the aliens with a stunning version of the haunting "Forever Autumn" from Jeff Wayne's masterful 'War of the Worlds' album.

Keyboards - Gary Numan

The glacial chords he was playing came out as clouds of dry ice! It was a perfect smokescreen to allow our heroes to make a quick getaway if needed.

Drums - Karen Carpenter

Holding the whole thing together with a steady back-beat and ready at any point to weigh in with a rendition of "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft". If I could remember the songs they were playing in my dream, I would stand to make a pretty penny.

OMG! What a line-up :shocked:

Phil Lynott - amazing live performer - don''t think he would have played support to Mika though

Gary Numan - he's an alien himself :roftl:

Nick Hayward :thumbdown: but always had a soft spot for Justin Hayward lovely voice

And Mika :wub2:

Oh I want to see this band.

Awesome line up, Karen Carpenter on drums, inspired choice:wink2:

Gotta love Jarvis, he's amazing.

He did a fantastic duet, with Beth Ditto of Heaven 17s Temptation.

Pity we can't go and see them! Though - Dragonlight? - sounds a bit heavy metallish to me

sure, dragonlight sounds like Nightwish to me :lol3: I'd be like an intergalactic experience listening to Mika singing like Tarja Turunen or that long haired guy from Iron Maiden! xD

and Mika perhaps is a bit alien himself as well :bleh:

sure, dragonlight sounds like Nightwish to me :lol3: I'd be like an intergalactic experience listening to Mika singing like Tarja Turunen or that long haired guy from Iron Maiden! xD

and Mika perhaps is a bit alien himself as well :bleh:

I don't think it would be a good idea for Mika to scream like Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden), he already has enough trouble saving his voice.:naughty:

OMG that is mad. :roftl:

I think I met Bruce Dickinson the year Mika was born. Jeez we're old.

He works part time as a pilot for Easy Jet, when he's not touring.

Every time I fly with them, I listen out for the crews names. If I ever hear his, I'm gonna cheer loudly.

Probably not a good idea to do the choruses of Run To The Hills, or Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter!:roftl:

OMG! What a line-up :shocked:

Phil Lynott - amazing live performer - don''t think he would have played support to Mika though

Gary Numan - he's an alien himself :roftl:

Nick Hayward :thumbdown: but always had a soft spot for Justin Hayward lovely voice

And Mika :wub2:

Oh I want to see this band.

So do I! It would be great, especially the vocals!!

I don't think it would be a good idea for Mika to scream like Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden), he already has enough trouble saving his voice.:naughty:

The day before yesterday I was watching TV, and I saw this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqIFxArPdFY

At first I thought it was Axl Rose (yes, I'm ignorant :naughty:), but then I read Iron Maiden and I said Wow, what a voice. That's why when they said that Mika's voice would burst aliens ears, I remembered the guy, haha

You're right, it would be better to Mika to keep taling care of his clean, sparkling, magical delicate voice :blush-anim-cl:

Pity we can't go and see them! Though - Dragonlight? - sounds a bit heavy metallish to me

It does! I was just thinking..doesn't that excist already? But then I realized it was Dragonforce, not light. Yeah don't ask, a friend of mine is totally obsessed with them:naughty:

Interview by Gillian Orr

Friday, 31 October 2008

Vocals - Mika

Bass - Phil Lynott

Guitar - Nick Heyward

Keyboards - Gary Numan

Drums - Karen Carpenter

OMG :shocked: I looooove Jarvis Cocker and Pulp! I'm a huge fan of his!

And this made me love him even more now :wub2: