Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

Kinda the same here.

I saw the LICM dvd before I went to my first (and so far only) Mikagig. The experience of going was totally different than from watching a dvd. Really.

Yep... When you watch a DVD you're confortable, you can go to the loo whenever you want and you're not screaming:naughty: At least I'm not:naughty:

Nah, it's true:thumb_yello:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the documentary first as I knew I had "seen" the gig

before - 3 times - so was not really looking forward to watching it

as I thought I would feel let down - another LICM in a different

wrapper - but it did not happen. I enjoyed the documentary, then

when Mika bounded on the stage the hairs on the back of my neck

stood on end - and continued through the whole thing. I am

really glad I bought it!! :wub2:

I watched the documentary first as I knew I had "seen" the gig

before - 3 times - so was not really looking forward to watching it

as I thought I would feel let down - another LICM in a different

wrapper - but it did not happen. I enjoyed the documentary, then

when Mika bounded on the stage the hairs on the back of my neck

stood on end - and continued through the whole thing. I am

really glad I bought it!! :wub2:

I actually think that is the best way to watch it. I apreciate that they are going to show the concert first as the doc is an 'extra' but I think it really sets the scene to see the doc first

Yep... When you watch a DVD you're confortable, you can go to the loo whenever you want and you're not screaming:naughty: At least I'm not:naughty:

Nah, it's true:thumb_yello:

:roftl: Me neither. I can imagine some people doing it though:fisch:

I BOUGHT IT TODAYYYYY!!!!!!!

And I abso-f*****-lutely love it! :mf_lustslow::naughty:

Really, the dvd is a pretty good option, especially, when you have no choice and have to stay at home, except for seeing the whole event live :thumbdown:

That's the life I'm meant to live for now, but when I get upset I always remember Mika's words, that he wouldn't mind going back to Poland. :wub2:

Koko must be one of my favourite Mika gigs aswell. I've got a pretty good AVI file of the whole concert, so if anyone is interested..:naughty:

I'm interested... :fisch::wink2: I haven't watched any of it in ages!

I finally got my copy of this amazing Paris show today. I found it in a shop! :naughty: I could have ordered it and probably would have received it earlier, but I wanted to actually pick up my copy, like I did last year. Nothing beats that feeling when you find something you have longed for for months! :blush-anim-cl: I didn't have much to choose from though, 'cause it was the only copy in that shop! And you what, I actually advised the staff to get more of them! :roftl:

I have watched the documentary and I love it to bits... I have just finished watching the concert - didn't even have a proper break! I'm guessing my family have gone insane by now. :naughty:

I'm interested... :fisch::wink2: I haven't watched any of it in ages!

I finally got my copy of this amazing Paris show today. I found it in a shop! :naughty: I could have ordered it and probably would have received it earlier, but I wanted to actually pick up my copy, like I did last year. Nothing beats that feeling when you find something you have longed for for months! :blush-anim-cl: I didn't have much to choose from though, 'cause it was the only copy in that shop! And you what, I actually advised the staff to get more of them!

I have watched the documentary and I love it to bits... I have just finished watching the concert - didn't even have a proper break! I'm guessing my family have gone insane by now. :naughty:

Okay, PM me your email and I will send it to you, tomorrow, as I don't have much time anymore now.

Oooh great! In my town they don't have it yet. Holland was one of the first countries to have it, and they has it in almost every city, but nooooo not in mine:thumbdown:The guy in the shop said it could take 3 weeks from now:tears:

Aww... I hope it won't take that long. :( I'm actually very surprised that both of Mika's DVD's have arrived to Finland so quickly... I think this one came on Wednesday. I just didn't want to go search for it too early in case it hadn't arrived yet. I would have been disappointed hadn't I found it today. :bleh:

And it's the Deluxe version! I haven't seen the standard version of either of Mika's DVD's anywhere in Finland. Not that I mind! :naughty:

Edited by Marianne84

I thought it might be that for me too until I inadvertently put on the Jools Holland clip and then...:wub2:

The PDP concert footage just isn't cutting it for me. I know the DVD can't replicate a concert experience. I've told that to many people who had yet to see their first gig. But there is little here that reminds me of anything I love about going to one of his shows. I feel like I'm watching another artist.

yeah, the Jools clip was good:wub2:

I agree. It's not as heart warming to me as the other dvd was...and I know they are dvds so it's not like actually being there. But still the first dvd had a different feeling to it, it almost was like you were actually there. I remember seeing the other dvd for the first time and it convinced me that I had to see Mika live, but with this I don't think it has the same effect.

Though I bet being in that crowd was just as amazing as any other gig, but I feel like it didn't completely come across that way on the dvd.

*sigh* I still can't pin point exactly what I didn't like about it...

I actually think that is the best way to watch it. I apreciate that they are going to show the concert first as the doc is an 'extra' but I think it really sets the scene to see the doc first

yeah, I wish I did that since the documentary ends with him going on stage...maybe that's the secret ingrediant it was missing:naughty:

Yeah, pretty intense... every time I watch that part, on the trailer or the DVD itself, I hold my breath ; and at least Mika no longer crosses himself before going on stage (LICM DVD documentary -was it in Germany ?). He must have realized God is on his side, by now !

A great deal of it was. But also Italy if I'm not mistaken.

is someone speaking about italy? :fisch:

:italia:

Yes, here, I did!

Actually I was watching the new Bond movie yesterday, and although it bored me to death plot and sex appeal-wise I was delighted that they incorporated the marble quarries of Carrara (well, I think it was Carrara) and Siena. Tuscany is very special to me because it's actually where I first met my boyfriend :blush-anim-cl:

I feel like I've only given the things I didn't like, and thats :huh:

so what I liked:

The documentary:wub2: I loved seeing Mika hug his bandmates when he greeted them!

He seems so affectionate a lot of the time, I would love a hug from him:wub2:

The part where he talks about the astronaut boy and how he wants no one to pay attention to him and act like it's completely normal to have him there:lmfao:

When he's painting the clown head, and when he's cooking!

Him and Es Devlin, she's lovely:wub2:

to sum it up; the whole documentary.

and I thought of something that might have been missing in the concert- something a lil naughty maybe...:das:

Mika what ever happened to being "flirty" and "dirty"...I didn't see any really, even teddy bears picnic seemed a lil more tame than usual...

oh and I really wanted to see Lollipop girl and Big Girl...doing whatever they were doing in that blog clip of Lollipop...but that bit was cut out, and the bit where she offers him a lolly, his expression isn't there either.

AHH I have to stop giving the bad side!!

Yes, here, I did!

Actually I was watching the new Bond movie yesterday, and although it bored me to death plot and sex appeal-wise I was delighted that they incorporated the marble quarries of Carrara (well, I think it was Carrara) and Siena. Tuscany is very special to me because it's actually where I first met my boyfriend :blush-anim-cl:

there should be also a mad car rush along Lago di Garda coastal route.......:wink2:

Bond's car fell in the lake during the filming!:roftl:

I watched it last night...and I can't describe how I felt about it easily...I feel like I had no strong emotions when watching, like it had no effect on me for some reason. It's strange because usually I feel all magic and happy inside, but this was different.

Some parts were really good and it did looks absolutely gorgeously delicious , but it felt like it was missing something.

It's sad feeling this way about it, because I had high hopes for it and was excited about watching it.

I dunno, maybe I'm just not in a crazy happy mood and should watch it again...

I think we need a new album...soon:sad:

I have been wondering whether some rather negative reactions to the PdesP show and DVD (in my case, to both) are not an unconscious way of betraying our fear that Mika might be on the wrong track and forgetting about the simple magic of music, even though he keeps mechanically repeating that it comes first.

Whenever an artist starts putting more and more musicians, more and more chorists on stage, I personally start feeling suspicious. Hiring the Effing Philarmonic orchestra won't make you any better. On the contrary, the less the merrier...

And we do need a new album. Soon. Absolutely !

I have been wondering whether some rather negative reactions to the PdesP show and DVD (in my case, to both) are not an unconscious way of betraying our fear that Mika might be on the wrong track and forgetting about the simple magic of music, even though he keeps mechanically repeating that it comes first.

Whenever an artist starts putting more and more musicians, more and more chorists on stage, I personally start feeling suspicious. Hiring the Effing Philarmonic orchestra won't make you any better. On the contrary, the less the merrier...

Maybe a few small, acoustic gigs would help :wink2:

I see what your saying...the thing is I'm just hoping that this was a one off time, I don't want to think of this as the way I will always feel about his shows and dvds etc.

I noticed that part when he was saying how the music comes first, and though I think he does feel that way...sometimes I think he's more of a visual artist, well that side of him comes through in the documentary anyway. If you think about it the music was not the number one thing that came up in the documentary, everything else seemed to be more important, like the general look of the show.

I love the visual side of Mika, the artwork, the effort he puts into the whole look of everything he does...but the music is the part people are really there for in the first place...

This negative feeling is so unlike my usual Mika feeling...HELP:tears:

I think the feeling I had when he rushed onto stage just

took me back to the thrill I felt when I have seen him live,

and watching the surprise and joy on his face as folk sang

back at him they kind of carried me over the bits that have

let others down! :blush-anim-cl:

I see what your saying...the thing is I'm just hoping that this was a one off time, I don't want to think of this as the way I will always feel about his shows and dvds etc.

I noticed that part when he was saying how the music comes first, and though I think he does feel that way...sometimes I think he's more of a visual artist, well that side of him comes through in the documentary anyway. If you think about it the music was not the number one thing that came up in the documentary, everything else seemed to be more important, like the general look of the show.

I love the visual side of Mika, the artwork, the effort he puts into the whole look of everything he does...but the music is the part people are really there for in the first place...

This negative feeling is so unlike my usual Mika feeling...HELP:tears:

Oh TL you don't want to talk to me.

It's so interesting to hear that now that the dvd is out, I am not as alone in my views as I was at the time of the gig.

Just to reassure you though, the magic is still there, don't let one gig influence you too much!