Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody else think the new DVD spotlights Martin more than previously. In the concert footage, I mean, although he's in the documentary too?

The person doing the cutting fancies Martin :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Martin was there when they did the cutting. :naughty:

Martin did the cutting :naughty:

:roftl::roftl:

finally i got the dvd too and watched it yesterday. :original: loved it, though i liked the documentary on the last one better than this one. was interesting to see though how the show developed and what part mika had in it, that he wanted to be responsible for everything himself.

i liked the dragon and all the extras in the show too (especially the stage set with all the nice lights...), but still i'm glad that i went to amsterdam instead of paris - much too big for me! :bleh: (and too much french - thanx god there are subtitles! :naughty:)

Just for the record and because a kind and fine :kaf: fairy has provided my physical mailbox with a very special medium yesterday, so that I now was finally able to watch the Koko gig in a (now also technically) comparably brilliant quality, I can just confirm my earlier assumption that IMO nothing Island Records will ever come up with Mika-wise will be able to compare. I say that without having seen the PDP gig yet, but I guess that one will be more like Olympia than Koko, which is, let's face it, like 'Watch the Mika in his natural environment doing what he does best and what makes him happiest.' as opposed to 'Mika constantly asking himself: 'Is that good enough? Do they need more - jumping - screaming...?'

I'm well aware that I'm complaining on a high level :naughty: you know that I heart Mika in whichever performance I can get hold of :wub2:, just wanted to state again: Yep, Koko is it for me. :wink2:

I'm SO with you on this (well and on most things, but that is a totally different matter): Kok was such a pure, magical performance, it has to remain "up there" with the best.

And no amount of flashiness can detract from Mika's star quality in it, which is totally the point of Mika imo: he doesn't need all these extras, just him and his voice, and his personality.

I wonder if another lovely fairy will go into my email soon as well :fisch:

I agree, I mean don't get me wrong either, it's pretty remarkable how one guy can take one album of songs and somehow make every single show just a little bit different from the last. But, for me there is just something amazing about that KOKO performance. I mean I've only seen it on youtube sadly, but nothing compares to that one for me. I guess its just that one really reminds you of why you became a fan in the first place. It's simplicity is what made it beautiful. Personally I would LOVE to have the ability to have an actual copy of that show.*hint hint*lol

Totally. Hear, Mika & co? Make it available somehow pleaseeeeee

On a totally different matter now, I love how, in the documentary, he confesses to tracking down Es' personal number after she already said no to him :roftl:

Way to go Mika! Shows he's also got some stalkerish tricks up his sleeve :lmao:

Linde tried to send Kelz to rehab, but she said noh.gifnoh.gifnoh.gif

Do you want to end up like Wino then?:naughty:

I'm SO with you on this (well and on most things, but that is a totally different matter): Kok was such a pure, magical performance, it has to remain "up there" with the best.

And no amount of flashiness can detract from Mika's star quality in it, which is totally the point of Mika imo: he doesn't need all these extras, just him and his voice, and his personality.

I wonder if another lovely fairy will go into my email soon as well

Totally. Hear, Mika & co? Make it available somehow pleaseeeeee

On a totally different matter now, I love how, in the documentary, he confesses to tracking down Es' personal number after she already said no to him

Way to go Mika! Shows he's also got some stalkerish tricks up his sleeve :lmao:

Koko must be one of my favourite Mika gigs aswell. I've got a pretty good AVI file of the whole concert, so if anyone is interested..:naughty:

Bwhahaha, he's just as worse as us:lmao:

I watched it last night...and I can't describe how I felt about it easily...I feel like I had no strong emotions when watching, like it had no effect on me for some reason. It's strange because usually I feel all magic and happy inside, but this was different.

Some parts were really good and it did looks absolutely gorgeously delicious , but it felt like it was missing something.

It's sad feeling this way about it, because I had high hopes for it and was excited about watching it.

I dunno, maybe I'm just not in a crazy happy mood and should watch it again...

I think we need a new album...soon:sad:

I watched it last night...and I can't describe how I felt about it easily...I feel like I had no strong emotions when watching, like it had no effect on me for some reason. It's strange because usually I feel all magic and happy inside, but this was different.

Some parts were really good and it did looks absolutely gorgeously delicious , but it felt like it was missing something.

It's sad feeling this way about it, because I had high hopes for it and was excited about watching it.

It's just a dvd. Dvd's usually don't capture that feeling well. Apparently this one isn't an exception. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm quite excited now.

Yes we do need one very soon:sad:

Interesting!

Thanks for sharing, I love to hear all different point of views on this, it makes it more and more exciting for the day I can finally see for myself.:wub2:

And I really agree with you about a new album!:thumb_yello:

hear mika!

there is only so much DVD you can release with the same songs in it

eggsactly!:bleh: I think that was the main thing, I felt like...I've seen this gig a thousand times, though this one is bigger and shinier than the others...

It's just a dvd. Dvd's usually don't capture that feeling well. Apparently this one isn't an exception. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm quite excited now.

Yes we do need one very soon:sad:

yeah, but there was in my opinion a lot more atmosphere in LICM dvd...

I can't describe it...I just feel a teensy bit...empty instead of the usual MIKA!!! feeling.

Interesting!

Thanks for sharing, I love to hear all different point of views on this, it makes it more and more exciting for the day I can finally see for myself.:wub2:

And I really agree with you about a new album!:thumb_yello:

no problem:original:

Maybe I'm loosing my Mika fangurlishness or something...........please don't let it be that!!:tears:...I'm sure it wasn't...just not as magic as I expected maybe.

I really loved the documentary though, it was very Mika:wub2:

Maybe I'm loosing my Mika fangurlishness or something...........please don't let it be that!!:tears:...I'm sure it wasn't...just not as magic as I expected maybe.

I thought it might be that for me too until I inadvertently put on the Jools Holland clip and then...:wub2:

The PDP concert footage just isn't cutting it for me. I know the DVD can't replicate a concert experience. I've told that to many people who had yet to see their first gig. But there is little here that reminds me of anything I love about going to one of his shows. I feel like I'm watching another artist.

I thought it might be that for me too until I inadvertently put on the Jools Holland clip and then...:wub2:

The PDP concert footage just isn't cutting it for me. I know the DVD can't replicate a concert experience. I've told that to many people who had yet to see their first gig. But there is little here that reminds me of anything I love about going to one of his shows. I feel like I'm watching another artist.

Kinda the same here.

I saw the LICM dvd before I went to my first (and so far only) Mikagig. The experience of going was totally different than from watching a dvd. Really.