Wonka's kitchen cooking thread

willywonka

Hi...

Ever since I got here I was willing to have a place where I could both share my recipes and also learn from other MFC Chefs...

We can share from simple and quick things to ellaborate dishes from our countries...

I'd love to be able to bake those amazing brownies you have both in the Uk and the US or India's real prawn curry, or have some tips about sushi from the ones of us who are or have been in Japan, or paella from lovely Spain...

Everyone is more than welcome to share whatever thing you want to...as long as it is eatable and delicious :mf_lustslow:

Thank you!

PS - The one condition is that all recipes gotta have weird fancy rest menu names...Such as....

Faster than light Tuna Pate

So i'll start with the Faster than light Tuna Pate i told Biekje about a few nights ago, and now i'll add the right herbs names Biek...;)

You don't really need to be in a kitchen (you could do this in a mika gig frontrow!)

Add 2 tuna tins to half a bottle of mayo, a bit of lemon or mustard /ketchup/tomato sauce and mix it up until you get a nice pate, then u can add some herbs such as parsley, shopped chives or

basil...

Serve chilled with toasties or toasted bread or even roll it in bread, like this...

CIMG7359.jpg

PS - You can use shopped crab instead of tuna

I'll soon post some more pate recipes, such as Gruyere Pate, Italian Sausage Pate, Onion Pate, etc...maybe in time for you to cook them for NY's Eve...

Enjoy ;)

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cool! they look delicious:mf_lustslow:

i'll try this sometime soon.

i'll also post some traditional recepies of my country:punk: not sure if you could fine the ingredients in your supermarket though:naughty:

i can post now but i want to post them with pictures like you did, so i should cook first and take pics.

cool! they look delicious:mf_lustslow:

i'll try this sometime soon.

i'll also post some traditional recepies of my country:punk: not sure if you could fine the ingredients in your supermarket though:naughty:

i can post now but i want to post them with pictures like you did, so i should cook first and take pics.

I am sure u told me before but I forgot

where are u from dilek? ;)

You'd be drooling by now Stuffed Bread

Sorry cannot use the pic ;(

1 pack of Mozarella cheese (the one u use in pizza)

1 pack of Emmental cheese (pizza)

1 pack of shopped bacon or ham

4 cloves of garlic

2 onions

Mayo

Basil

Cut the top of the bread so u get a lid, and take off all the bread inside, keeping both the empty bread and the crumbs...

Smoothly chop onions and garlic, add 2 spoons of mayo and mix it all in a bowl.

Add the basil (just a few leaves), the cheese and the bacon/ham.

You can add a small spoon of mustard to the above, before filling the bread in.

Then u put in a an oven tray, adding the smalll bread pieces u carved out the bread before, as seen in the pic...

Put both the bread and the small bread pieces on a nice tray and serve hot...

Enjoy

Edited by willywonka

I'll post soon some filled eggs recipes i got from the south of the country...

As they're all in Portuguese it takes a bit long...

Never heard of potato pankakes though...;(

---------------

567a.png

10. Congrats you've found them all! Now hurry and send the links to me!

Edited by Droopsy

I'll post soon some filled eggs recipes i got from the south of the country...

As they're all in Portuguese it takes a bit long...

Never heard of potato pankakes though...;(

I'll put the recipe a bit later, it will take some time to translate it:bleh:

We did actually have a cooking thread, but it got buried under all the mounds of other threads... Good to see one around again, particularly in this season of eating lots:)

Dear Dee,

If there's someone who can help me run this joint is YOU! HELP! lol

Filled eggs maybe Babuccia will like

ovos_verdes.jpg

6 Boiled eggs

sliced onion

shredded parsley

1 tuna tin

pepper

mustard

Cut the eggs in half and carefully remove the yolks, keeping the white intact...

Mix yolks with onion, parsley and tuna, giving it a good scramble...

Season it with salt and pepper, and put the puree inside the white of the eggs, squeezing a bit...

Serve with a nice salad...

Bon appetit...

Filled eggs maybe Babuccia will like

ovos_verdes.jpg

6 Boiled eggs

sliced onion

shredded parsley

1 tuna tin

pepper

mustard

Cut the eggs in half and carefully remove the yolks, keeping the white intact...

Mix yolks with onion, parsley and tuna, giving it a good scramble...

Season it with salt and pepper, and put the puree inside the white of the eggs, squeezing a bit...

Serve with a nice salad...

Bon appetit...

Wow! You are a really chef! :shocked::roftl::wink2:

Wow! You are a really chef! :shocked::roftl::wink2:

No way ;)

No chef here! Lots of curiosity though...

Just like to eat (a looot...lol) but i have a lot of food medical restrictions and no one seemed to cook things i liked or could eat so started to look for recipes and adapting it to what i like/can eat...

And after all eating is one of the best things we do in our lives...so we'd better do it well...lol

No way ;)

Just like to eat (a looot...lol) but i have a lot of food medical restrictions and no one seemed to cook things i liked or could eat so started to look for recipes and adapting it to what i like/can eat...

And after all eating is one of the best things we do in our lives...so we'd better do it well...lol

Oh, i see..:thumb_yello:

what's your fave dessert?

Dear Dee,

If there's someone who can help me run this joint is YOU! HELP! lol

Hey, you'll manage this one fine on your own, I know it!

No way ;)

What kinds of dietary restrictions do you have? Maybe if we all kept an eye out for the kinds of recipes you CAN have, we could come up with some interesting ones?

No way ;)

I've had to adjust my diet a bit too. :wink2: It makes it hard to eat out at restaurants mostly. I feel better when I cook for myself. I know what's in it, and I know it's safe. Mostly, I tend to avoid all things spicy or acidic.

So, this is me subscribing! I'm sure you'll post something I can eat.

:huglove: