2 tablespoons grated chocolate

2 tablespoons chopped, blanched almonds to decorate

for the Chocolate glace icing

3/4 cup icing sugar

1 tablespoon cocoa

1 teaspoon butter

1 tablespoon boiling water

method

1. Beat butter, sugar and orange rind until light and fluffy.

2. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.

3. Sift flour and fold in alternately with orange juice.

4. Blend in grated chocolate.

5. Turn into a greased and floured baba mould or ring cake tin and bake in a moderate oven 180-190°C (350-375°F) for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake shrinks from sides of tin.

6. Turn out onto a wire rack and cool.

7. Pour icing on top and let it dribble down sides.

8. Sprinkle with chopped almonds.

for the Chocolate glace icing

1. Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a heatproof bowl, add butter and pour boiling water onto butter.

2. Blend until combined, place over boiling water and stir for 1 minute until icing melts.

3. Do not overheat as icing will go dull when it sets on cake.

I have Chron's disease, so i avoid dairy products, acid fruit, spicy food, all kinds of fiber, most vegetables and fruit...

Sometimes i take the chance but that ruins my bowels, and after surgery where they removed part of it, i need to have vitamin supplement, which are not naturally absorbed, so, special diet requires special recipes, specially coz i'm a sucker for food and cooking ;)

I have a chocolate cake recipe that has no dairy and no egg in it. You could eat that one I'm sure! Actually, I'm pretty sure that recipe is in my other thread... I'll check later and post the link if it's there.

Yep Kelz, exactly the same here, i could have written this u wrote lol

But what the heck is peppermint oil???

Does it happen to u too not feeling like having a number 2 for a whole day but as soon as u get the key in the door u feel the urge like crazy???

Chronies invasion are more than welcome!

lol

We used to use peppermint water all the time for patient's in the hospital I worked at in Brisbane for gas and bloating. The hospital's pharmacy used to make it onsite and we always had a bottle on the ward, as it was something we were allowed to give without needing a doctor's order.

I presume that's the same principle as what Kelz is talking about.

• 3 weeks later...
You've been here before Biekje, remember the recipe i couldn't remember the herbs names??????????

I havent been here before....:blink:

I do remember that someone was talking about herbs in the oldlings thread, but I can't remember that we discussed that?:roftl:

We have been talking about Nespresso:thumb_yello:

I have a chocolate cake recipe that has no dairy and no egg in it. You could eat that one I'm sure! Actually, I'm pretty sure that recipe is in my other thread... I'll check later and post the link if it's there.

I just bumped this thread tonight and realised i missed this post of yours...

Would u post the choc cake recipe then???I normally can't have normal ones...;(

Thanks dee ;)

We used to use peppermint water all the time for patient's in the hospital I worked at in Brisbane for gas and bloating. The hospital's pharmacy used to make it onsite and we always had a bottle on the ward, as it was something we were allowed to give without needing a doctor's order.

I presume that's the same principle as what Kelz is talking about.

I've been discussing it with my doctor and he told me the same, hospitals give it to patients but hard to find outside....

You've been here before Biekje, remember the recipe i couldn't remember the herbs names??????????

*subscribes*

He, my name in the starter post...but I think you mean someone else?:naughty:

I havent been here before....:blink:

I do remember that someone was talking about herbs in the oldlings thread, but I can't remember that we discussed that?:roftl:

We have been talking about Nespresso:thumb_yello:

Remember me u and Rose were talking in the oldlings and u needed a recipe for NYEve coz u were going to someone's place and he/she didn't have a kitchen or something?

And i gave u the tuna pate recipe which u could do even in a mika gig frontrow????But then i didn't know the herbs names in english and u said u'd never get it from me lol

Holy cr*p, how did I miss this thread? :shocked:

Awesome, Mrs. Wonka! (as always! :wub2:)

I'll see what I can find to post here!

LOL my dear Queen of Captions...

Yo could bake a MIkake...

I've been discussing it with my doctor and he told me the same, hospitals give it to patients but hard to find outside....

Remember me u and Rose were talking in the oldlings and u needed a recipe for NYEve coz u were going to someone's place and he/she didn't have a kitchen or something?

And i gave u the tuna pate recipe which u could do even in a mika gig frontrow????But then i didn't know the herbs names in english and u said u'd never get it from me lol

LOL my dear Queen of Captions...

Yo could bake a MIkake...

OOOOOOOOOOOOO riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttt

Sorry:blush-anim-cl: forgot about that.

But I havent been in this thread yet, but I do love the idea and if I think of a thing, I will post my recipe. I'm sure I have one, but I'm sooo tired right now (probably why I couldnt remember, I'm soooo soooo sorry!!!).

I love food (too much).

:thumb_yello:

OK, here's that chocolate cake recipe...

Australian Tablespoons are 20ml not 15ml so take that into account with your baking.

Chocolate Fudge Cake

1 1/2 cups self-raising flour

3 tablespoons cocoa (not the drinking stuff)

1 cup caster sugar

1 cup water

1 teaspoon imitation vanilla essence

1 tablespoon white vinegar

1/2 cup vegetable oil or applesauce

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour a 20cm ring tin. Sift the first three ingredients into a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Pour into tin. Bake 35-40 minutes. Cool in tin for 10 minutes then turn out of tin onto rack to cool. Ice when cold.

Icing

1 cup icing sugar

1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa

1 tablespoon butter or margerine

Mix with a little hot water and ice cake. If you make it a bit runnier it runs down the sides of the cake and looks artistic. For me that hides the fact that I can't ice cakes.

If you use applesauce, it's a low fat cake and still tastes really yummy, but is a lot less "fudgy" in flavour. Plus, it doesn't keep as long without the oil, but that's not usually a problem in my house:naughty:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

~Cheesy Caesar Chicken Sandwich~

100_4267.jpg

Ingredients

• 6 slices of bread (from crusty bread loaf)
  • 2 tablespoons of caesar dressing
  • 2 boneless, skinless BBQed chicken breasts (diced into thin, bite sized pieces)
  • 2 slices of jalapeno Havarti cheese

Instructions

1. Toast slices of bread, in glass baking dish, in a preheated oven for a couple minutes (or until slightly golden brown). Take out of oven.
  2. Evenly spread a little caesar dressing on each slice of toasted bread.
  3. Heat up chicken peices and evenly distribute onto bread.
  4. Place a slice of Havarti cheese onto each slice of bread.
  5. Place glass dish (with now prepared sandwiches) back into preheated oven and continue toasting until Havarti cheese is melted.
  6. Take out of oven. Place on plate. Eat and enjoy!

Also note...

• Watch bread when toasting in oven because you don't want it to burn.
  • Try out different breads and/ or cheeses: pumpernickel bread, mozarella cheese etc.
  • Serves 3 to 6 people. Depending on how hungry everyone is. :naughty: You can also make it for more or less people, just adjust the amount of each ingredient accordingly.
Edited by iadoremika

100_4267.jpg

Ingredients

• 6 slices of bread (from crusty bread loaf)
  • 2 to 3 teaspoons of caesar dressing
  • 2 boneless, skinless BBQed chicken breasts (diced into thin, bite sized pieces)
  • 2 slices of jalapeno Havarti cheese

Instructions

1. Toast slices of bread, in glass baking dish, in a preheated oven for a couple minutes (or until slightly golden brown). Take out of oven.
  2. Evenly spread a little caesar dressing on each slice of toasted bread.
  3. Heat up chicken peices and evenly distribute onto bread.
  4. Place a slice of Havarti cheese onto each slice of bread.
  5. Place glass dish (with now prepared sandwiches) back into preheated oven and continue toasting until Havarti cheese is melted.
  6. Take out of oven. Place on plate. Eat and enjoy!

Also note...

• Watch bread when toasting in oven because you don't want it to burn.
  • Try out different breads and/ or cheeses: pumpernickel bread, mozarella cheese etc.
  • Serves 3 to 6 people. Depending on how hungry everyone is. :naughty: You can also make it for more or less people, just adjust the amount of each ingredient accordingly.

That looks so yummy. :licks_lips:

100_5270.jpg

Interested in the recipe?

Sorry, started my diet today

Oh poor B.!:thumbdown:

But keep on doing it!

Have a Nespresso on me...:thumb_yello:

100_4267.jpg

Hey it sure looks yummy..i'll try it soon...thank you...:thumb_yello:

i know a tuna pasta recipe, ill post part one now -prep-

you need-

tuna in brine

sweetcorn

pasta- not spaghetti

broccoli

cheddar or a type of cheese

drain the tuna, and put in a bowl

put a saucepan of water on to boil

cut the stalks off the broccoli

grate the cheese and split into 2 piles, 1 3/4 pile, 1 1/4 pile.

sauce-

you need-

milk

flour,

butter

pinch of salt

3/4 pile of cheese

origano

put the flour, butter and milk to the boil, whilst always stirring.

once without any lumps and the butter fully melted, add origano and cheese.

keep stirring until the cheese is melted and bring off the heat.

part 2-

when the pan of water is on the boil, add pasta

when the pasta is cooked, drain a bit of water out and add the broccoli and sweetcorn.

when the broccoli is cooked, take off the heat and drain

when fully drained, add tuna and sauce, put in a dish and add the last pile of cheese to the top.

place in the oven (oven- 180 degrees c) for about 20 mins

eat!

Edited by MIKAmadRosie1996

i know a tuna pasta recipe, ill post part one now-prep-you need-tuna in brinesweetcornpastabroccolicheddar or a type of cheesedrain the tuna, and put in a bowlput a saucepan of water on to boilcut the stalks off the broccoligrate the cheese and split into 2 piles, 1 3/4 pile, 1 1/4 pile.part 2 comes later...

Breathe girl! Or at least, put some spaces between your words to give the illusion of breathing!:naughty: As I read that I could picture you trying to say it all in one breath... like:twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepicklesonionsonasesameseedbun.

Anyone remember that promo for McDonalds from the 80's? (or did we only have it in Australia)

I tried a new banana cake recipe yesterday that has chocolate chips in it...

Mmmmmmm..... Yummy!

I'll have to post the recipe tomorrow as it's quite late and I need to go to bed very soon.

~Mrs. Dee~,

the honour of having u here in ma humble kitchen is immense...:naughty:

i know a tuna pasta recipe, ill post part one now-prep-you need-tuna in brinesweetcornpastabroccolicheddar or a type of cheesedrain the tuna, and put in a bowlput a saucepan of water on to boilcut the stalks off the broccoligrate the cheese and split into 2 piles, 1 3/4 pile, 1 1/4 pile.part 2 comes later...

Do u have a plane to catch???:roftl:

:Update:

I spy a typo!

I read back on the recipe and it is not 2-3 TEAspoons of caesar dressing, but 2 TABLEspoons of caesar dressing. May bad. :doh:

oki dokie...

Breathe girl! Or at least, put some spaces between your words to give the illusion of breathing!:naughty: As I read that I could picture you trying to say it all in one breath... like:twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepicklesonionsonasesameseedbun.

Anyone remember that promo for McDonalds from the 80's? (or did we only have it in Australia)

:roftl:

And no we had no Macdonalds here in Portugal in the 80's, maybe late 80's, early 90's...

~Mrs. Dee~,

You nong! If you're gonna go on like that I'll have to turn on my queenly voice...

"We are pleased to deign to grace you with our presence!"

Now you can hit me over the head and we can get back to normal:tongue2:

OK, banana cake recipe!!

Milk Chocolate Banana Cake

1 1/2 cups self raising flour, sifted

2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)

2 eggs

1/2 cup caster sugar

1/2 cup milk

125 g (4oz) butter or margarine, melted

1/2 cup milk Choc bits

Place flour, banana, eggs, sugar and milk in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes.

Add the melted butter. Continue beating for a further 5 minutes. Blend in Choc bits.

Pour mixture into a greased 10cm x 20cm (4in x 8in) loaf tin. Bake in a moderate over 180degrees C for 25 to 30 minutes.

Allow to cool in tin for 5 mins. Remove from tin. Cool completely on a wire rack.

I'm not sure if my tin was slightly too small, but my cake needed about another 10 minutes to cook all the way through the middle. So do be sure to test it at the 25 minute mark and then test again at 30 mins and don't be afraid to leave it in a little longer if you think it needs it. Mine didn't burn.

I didn't ice it and it was still delicious but there is icing for it...

Icing

100g (3 1/2 oz) milk Choc Melts

125g (4oz) cream cheese

1 cup icing sugar

1 tspn lemon juice

2 bananas, sliced

1/2 cup toasted, shredded coconut

Place Choc Melts in a heat-resistant bowl over gently simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove from heat.

Beat chream cheese and icing sugar together until creamy. Blend in the melted Choc Melts and lemon juice until smooth.

Place slices of banana over the top of the cake. Spread with chocolate icing and sprinkle with the coconut.

I personally would leave out the sliced banana and the shredded coconut, but that's just me.

~Mrs. Dee~,

Do u have a plane to catch???:roftl:

oki dokie...

:roftl:

And no we had no Macdonalds here in Portugal in the 80's, maybe late 80's, early 90's...

no... there was space when i posted it!

:roftl:ill change it now lol