Wonka's kitchen cooking thread

willywonka

luxury hot chocolate for cold winters

you will need

• 4 oz. bar of cadburys or galaxy or whatever- just as long as its a bar of chocolate
  • 1/3 of a cup of heavy, cold cream
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 2 cups of cold milk
  • electric mixer

optional

• nuts, marshmallows ect. for the top.

serves 2

1. finely chop the chocolate into tiny flakes with a knife and chopping board.
  2. get a small cup or mug, and place 3 heaped teaspoons of the chocolate into it.
  3. get the milk and the sugar and place them into a bowl, then get the electric mixer and mix till lightly throthy
  4. place the milk and the chocolate into a pan and bring to the boil so the chocolate melts.- here you could add vanilla esssence, chilli powder, peppermint oil or lemon zest to give it a different flavour
  5. pour into 2 mugs and add a generous amout of cream into each one.
  6. add the rest of the chocolate and the optional topping of your choice- you could even add a drink of your choice!
  7. voila!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-8JR0jH-i7U&feature=PlayList&p=7DEB9A284D6665B7&index=8

please tell me what you think!!

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for all willy wonka fans.....

fizzy lifting drinks!!!!!:punk::punk::punk:

you will need

• Lemonade or vanilla soda
  • vanilla ice cream
  • cup or mug
  • spoon

serves as many as you want, thats why there isnt sny measurments!

1. get as much ice cream as you want and place it into a cup
  2. pour lemonade or vanilla soda over it and drink!

ps- sory kelzy, dont think youll want to drink this :wink2:

I've had to adjust my diet a bit too. :wink2: It makes it hard to eat out at restaurants mostly. I feel better when I cook for myself. I know what's in it, and I know it's safe. Mostly, I tend to avoid all things spicy or acidic.

So, this is me subscribing! I'm sure you'll post something I can eat.

:huglove:

Kelz! Does this mean no tomato? :shocked: *contemplates life without tomato* Goodness, I'd never survive!

for all willy wonka fans.....

fizzy lifting drinks!!!!!:punk::punk::punk:

you will need

• Lemonade or vanilla soda
  • vanilla ice cream
  • cup or mug
  • spoon

serves as many as you want, thats why there isnt sny measurments!

1. get as much ice cream as you want and place it into a cup
  2. pour lemonade or vanilla soda over it and drink!

ps- sory kelzy, dont think youll want to drink this :wink2:

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not that limited!!

I'd drink that! :licks_lips: We call them spiders.

I just had strawberries, banana, Crunchie (chocolate bar) Ice cream and condensed Milk on top for dessert. mmmm yummmy

Kelz! Does this mean no tomato? :shocked: *contemplates life without tomato* Goodness, I'd never survive!

hahah!! No, I can have Tom soup and Tom sauce but not too often. I don't actually like Tomato anyway.

Honestly, I can eat just about anything I like, but I know what can make me a bit sick. I could eat it and suffer the concequences for 24 hours, or I could just avoid it. :wink2:

And continuous or over-indulgence is where I really suffer.

I've had to adjust my diet a bit too. :wink2: It makes it hard to eat out at restaurants mostly. I feel better when I cook for myself. I know what's in it, and I know it's safe. Mostly, I tend to avoid all things spicy or acidic.

So, this is me subscribing! I'm sure you'll post something I can eat.

:huglove:

I'm sure i'll post something u can eat too as i have the same restrictions u do, plus dairy products too...

Can u eat most dairy? Such as cream, butter, cheese?

I sometimes make stupid things like trying new ingredients i already know i cannot have, but later i'll pay for it, such as spending a loooot more time in da bathroom lol (kelzy knows what i'm talking about lol)...

Hey, you'll manage this one fine on your own, I know it!

What kinds of dietary restrictions do you have? Maybe if we all kept an eye out for the kinds of recipes you CAN have, we could come up with some interesting ones?

I have Chron's disease, so i avoid dairy products, acid fruit, spicy food, all kinds of fiber, most vegetables and fruit...

Sometimes i take the chance but that ruins my bowels, and after surgery where they removed part of it, i need to have vitamin supplement, which are not naturally absorbed, so, special diet requires special recipes, specially coz i'm a sucker for food and cooking ;)

Yep, as Kelzy i cannot have tomato either, not just because of acidity but because of the seeds...But if i use it as a sauce it's not so damaging...

THANK YOU ROSIE, even if we cannot use the total recipe i can always adapt,add or remove things in a way i can have it!

Or the MOST STUPID THING CHRONERS DO: Have it all the same way and pay the bill later for a few hours in any bathroom lol (I do it all the time, its hard to resist sometimes to a nice cream dessert or a warm soup flooded with vegetables)...

THANK YOU ROSIE, even if we cannot use the total recipe i can always adapt,add or remove things in a way i can have it!

Or the MOST STUPID THING CHRONERS DO: Have it all the same way and pay the bill later for a few hours in any bathroom lol (I do it all the time, its hard to resist sometimes to a nice cream dessert or a warm soup flooded with vegetables)...

thank you, at least you can try them! you should be able to treat yourself sometimes, even if it means paying the price!!

Eggy bread

you will need

• 2 eggs
  • splash of milk
  • topping if required
  • oil
  • bread

makes 4+ slices

1. beat the eggs, milk and a little salt and/or pepper together.
  2. put some oil in a frying pan and put on the heat.
  3. get some bread and soak in the egg mixture (you make nee dto pour the mixture into something you can fit bread into)
  4. place the soaked bread onto the pan and cook until both sides are golden.
  5. place on a plate and add the topping if required.

if you wanted, you could add chopped frankfurter or grated cheese to the mixture for a slightly different taste.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Potato-Latkes-104406

http://www.recipezaar.com/Potato-Latkas-Potato-Pancakes-344877

(a different version of the above)

there you go! potato latkes

latkes from hebrew means PANCAKES

Edited by dcdeb
Salmon Link removed at recipe site's request

Rocky road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you will need

• 125g chocolate
  • bag of mini marshmallows
  • nuts
  • bisquits
  • sweets if desired

1. put water in a pan ad bring to the boil
  2. break the chocolate into little squares and put in a bowl (not plastic, unless it cant melt or whatever) place the bowl on top of the saucepan and stir the chocolate till it melts.
  3. when its melted, put the heat on low and leve the chocolate ontop of the saucepan- dont let it set!
  4. get a couple of handfuls of mini marshmallows and stir into the chocolate.
  5. put the buiscquits in another bowl and use a rolling pin to crush them.
  6. mix in the bisquits, nuts and sweets into the chocolate
  7. place into foil container and leave in the fridge till set.

fruit juice cocktail for kids!

youll need

• 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 cup apple juice
  • 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (+ a little to put on the fruit)
  • lemonade
  • cocktail stick
  • chopped fruit

makes 1 glass

1. mix the apple and orange juice together in a cup.
  2. add 2 tbsp of lemon juice and top the glass up with lemonade
  3. put fruit on the cocktail stick and rub with the leftover lemon juice
  4. stick the stick inside the cup and add a straw or a paper umbrella or something, now tell them its beer:naughty::naughty::naughty:

happy new year!!!

Happy New Year Rosie & everyone!

I read all you wrote on the last page, and MQing takes alot of work. lol!!

But basically yes yes no yes. I think. :naughty:

I can have dairy. I have lactose free milk though. I love Baileys irish cream and can drink it like water. Oh, and Ribena. lol!! Blackcurrant is good for us. And I am the same as you with tomatoes. I can eat most vegetables. Except peas, corn and anything too leafy I have to limit..

I could eat most fruit, but really only eat apple, strawberry & especially banana. But, that is because I haven't lost any bowel. It's much harder when you have lost some. *hugs you* :huglove:

Oh, in case you all didn't know, Banana's are really, really good for you. LINK

Also, thanks to a friend of mine on myspace who has Crohns too, I got this bit of information last night. having Peppermint oil and Garlic regularly.. It's meant to kill the Crohns bacteria. And probiotics. Definitely. I rave about them.

Ohhh, and I pay for my indulgences too. :wink2: But codeine is my trick for that.

Also, another trick is to put myself somewhere where I can't get to the toilet quickly. I know that sounds crazy, but if I can't go - I can't go. :roftl:

Sorry for invading, but I think smart crohnies have good eating habits everyone can benefit from!! :lol3:

Happy new year to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huglove:

I read all you wrote on the last page, and MQing takes alot of work. lol!!

But basically yes yes no yes. I think. :naughty:

I can have dairy. I have lactose free milk though. I love Baileys irish cream and can drink it like water. Oh, and Ribena. lol!! Blackcurrant is good for us. And I am the same as you with tomatoes. I can eat most vegetables. Except peas, corn and anything too leafy I have to limit..

I could eat most fruit, but really only eat apple, strawberry & especially banana. But, that is because I haven't lost any bowel. It's much harder when you have lost some. *hugs you* :huglove:

Oh, in case you all didn't know, Banana's are really, really good for you. LINK

Also, thanks to a friend of mine on myspace who has Crohns too, I got this bit of information last night. having Peppermint oil and Garlic regularly.. It's meant to kill the Crohns bacteria. And probiotics. Definitely. I rave about them.

Ohhh, and I pay for my indulgences too. :wink2: But codeine is my trick for that.

Also, another trick is to put myself somewhere where I can't get to the toilet quickly. I know that sounds crazy, but if I can't go - I can't go. :roftl:

Sorry for invading, but I think smart crohnies have good eating habits everyone can benefit from!! :lol3:

Happy new year to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huglove:

Yep Kelz, exactly the same here, i could have written this u wrote lol

But what the heck is peppermint oil???

Does it happen to u too not feeling like having a number 2 for a whole day but as soon as u get the key in the door u feel the urge like crazy???

Chronies invasion are more than welcome!

lol

Yep Kelz, exactly the same here, i could have written this u wrote lol

But what the heck is peppermint oil???

Does it happen to u too not feeling like having a number 2 for a whole day but as soon as u get the key in the door u feel the urge like crazy???

Chronies invasion are more than welcome!

lol

Peppermint oil is available in most chemists/pharmacys/drug stores (whatever people call them around the world) and probably from naturopaths.

Over here we have a product called Mintec and the box looks like this:

94__1_mintec.gif

They are for IBS, but apparently works for IBD. :thumb_yello: I have had them before, short-term, and had good results.

I will look into other available options though. But this one is convenient and easy.

And yes. :roftl: I do have the "OMG, I am home" attacks. I also have the "Oh no - I have to go out now" attacks. :naughty: That's why I try to remove convenience.

Peppermint oil is available in most chemists/pharmacys/drug stores (whatever people call them around the world) and probably from naturopaths.

Over here we have a product called Mintec and the box looks like this:

94__1_mintec.gif

NICE HINT THANKS I'LL TRY!

They are for IBS, but apparently works for IBD. :thumb_yello: I have had them before, short-term, and had good results.

I will look into other available options though. But this one is convenient and easy.

And yes. :roftl: I do have the "OMG, I am home" attacks. I also have the "Oh no - I have to go out now" attacks. :naughty: That's why I try to remove convenience.

:roftl:

Oh, i see..:thumb_yello:

what's your fave dessert?

OH Babuccia, so sorry i missed this post of yours...

I'll give u my fav dessert recipe now...

Easy Cream and shortcake cold delish...

3 packs of cream

1 pack of shortcake (any sort but butter)

1 cup of sugar

powdery choc

caramel

Churn cream adding sugar (only after its done so it won't get ruined)...

Smash the shortcake until u have it powdered but leave some bigger bits so it gets crunchy...

Mix ingredients...

Drop a cup of caramel into the bottom of the serving bowl, then the mix...use some powdery chocolate to decorate...

Put it in the fridge for a couple of hours...

Enjoy!

OH Babuccia, so sorry i missed this post of yours...

I'll give u my fav dessert recipe now...

Easy Cream and shortcake cold delish...

3 packs of cream

1 pack of shortcake (any sort but butter)

1 cup of sugar

powdery choc

caramel

Churn cream adding sugar (only after its done so it won't get ruined)...

Smash the shortcake until u have it powdered but leave some bigger bits so it gets crunchy...

Mix ingredients...

Drop a cup of caramel into the bottom of the serving bowl, then the mix...use some powdery chocolate to decorate...

Put it in the fridge for a couple of hours...

Enjoy!

wow, sounds good, would like to see a pic :das:

hmm.. i would say strawberries with whipped cream:wub2:

Never had a pic of that before but i will and i'll post it as soon as i make it...

Looks like bits of shortcake on top...

No strawberries here in the winter, but in the summer i do it all the time...

Never had a pic of that before but i will and i'll post it as soon as i make it...

Looks like bits of shortcake on top...

No strawberries here in the winter, but in the summer i do it all the time...

oh, ok :thumb_yello:

Yay, hmm.. we can find strawberries in the shops now too.. i think so.. :blink:

well i certainly can, but they are shipped over from aussie and stuff so we dont buy them :crybaby: but i dont like them anyway so i dont care!!!

Same here but from Spain and they don't taste so good...;(