Wonka's kitchen cooking thread

willywonka

Hi everybody!

I love cooking, esp. baking cakes.

Yesterday I made some muffins for my friends birthday and give them a special style. My friend loves pig ans so she gets 20 pigs to eat.

22337123734034679516278.jpg

:aah: those are so cute... :wub2:

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we have some that look really similar to that. some people dip those in tea or milk

i have a recipe for a dessert called "sex in the pan" ... perfect summer dessert. :mf_rosetinted:

I'm afraid our portuguese desserts have less naughty names...:teehee:

Will you post it?:wink2:

Here or in the naughty corner?:mf_rosetinted:

we have some that look really similar to that. some people dip those in tea or milk

i have a recipe for a dessert called "sex in the pan" ... perfect summer dessert. :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

We've got one called, "Chocolate Orgasim" It's really just a brownie recipe but you take it out of the oven a little earlier than usual.

I'm afraid our portuguese desserts have less naughty names...:teehee:

Will you post it?:wink2:

Here or in the naughty corner?:mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao: i'll post it here.. it's really easy to make... but soooooooo yummy :wub2:

We've got one called, "Chocolate Orgasim" It's really just a brownie recipe but you take it out of the oven a little earlier than usual.

:roftl: that's funny!

:naughty:

Go ahead, post it, i collect brownie recipes...:thumb_yello::biggrin2:

sexinthepan.jpg

This "sinful" delight :teehee: is a layered dessert with pudding and whipped cream. :mf_rosetinted:

you will need a 9" x 12" dish that goes in the oven.

crust:

Graham cracker crust. i'm not sure this is available around the world. you need 1 1/2 times the recipe (the recipe is found on the box when you buy the cracker crumbs)

here is a site giving the recipe, just in case it's not on the box:

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://recipecurio.com/recipe-copies/collection2/large/grahamcrackercrust.jpg&imgrefurl=http://recipecurio.com/graham-cracker-crumb-crust/&usg=__WxuX1zqxn8tWlWDC87d6myOa3TE=&h=324&w=700&sz=98&hl=en&start=3&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=nfLRF1SaU2VKGM:&tbnh=65&tbnw=140&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgraham%2Bcracker%2Bcrust%2Brecipe%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26tbs%3Disch:1

** if you can't find this ingredient, an altenate crust is given at the bottom of this post.

filling 1st layer:

- 8oz of cream cheese

- 3/4 cup icing sugar

- 500 ml of Cool Whip

Mix together until creamy

filling 2nd layer:

- 1 box of instant vanilla pudding

- 1 box of instant chocolate pudding

- 3 cups of milk

Mix together until creamy. Refrigerate 10 minutes

On the cooled Graham cracker crust, spread evenly layer 1.

On top of layer 1, spread evenly layer 2

On top of layer 2, spread evenly 500 ml of cool whip

Decorate with slivers of chocolate or chopped nuts.

Refrigerate before serving. et voila! :biggrin2:

--------------------------------------------

** if ever you can't find the crust, you can replace it by this:

Base:

1 cup Flour

½ cup Softened margarine

1 cup Finely chopped pecans

Mix together until crumb-like. Press into greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden.

sexinthepan.jpg

This "sinful" delight :teehee: is a layered dessert with pudding and whipped cream. :mf_rosetinted:

Yo, Guy, i' defo trying this one...

Googled those Graham thingies...

graham.jpg

Not sure if available in Portugal, maybe only at a Gourmet store, never seen those at local shops...:dunno:

But i'll bake them and save a few for the children, they must be delish...:thumb_yello:

Recipe for my favorite strawberry cake :licks_lips:

I usually don't like strawberry pies because of the crust, so I decided to make one with a sponce cake and yummy pastry cream!

So:

108870042.jpg

Ingredients:

CAKE

2 eggs

80 grams fine table sugar

80 grams self-rising flour

PASTRY CREAM

2 egg yolks

50 grams fine table sugar

8 grams vanilla sugar

30 grams all purpose flour

250 ml milk

CAKE

Beat (electric) the eggs with the sugar until you get an almost white cream that is about 3 times as big as when you started. Sift the flour seperately and add it with the cream. Whisk the batter quickly, if you do this too long the batter won't be as light and airy. Preheat the oven at 175°C. I use this kind of tin:

springvorm-rond.jpg

It doesn't take long... I just stay in the kitchen and at about ten minutes I check if it's alright.

Don't worry if you think you don't have enough batter! This cake rises A LOT!

PASTRY CREAM (translated from dutch)

Beat the egg yolks, table sugar and vanilla sugar together until you get a smooth cream. Sift the flour and stir it with the cream until it's smooth again.

Bring the milk to boilpoint in a saucepan and then add the hot milk to the yolk mixture and stir it. Pour everything back into the saucepan, put it on a low heat and keep stirring until it begins to boil again. Let the mixture boil gently for a few minutes whilst stirring until you get a thick sticky cream. Pour the cream in a bowl and place this bowl in a bigger bowl filled with cold water. This helps to cool it faster. Keep stirring it until it's cold.

Spread the pastry cream on top of the cake. Cut strawberries in 2 or even slices if you don't have enough and put them on top.

Personally I also take some strawberry jam, heat it with just a little bit of water so you get a sort of glaze and I brush this on top of the strawberries so you get a nice glossy glaze. Depending on how sweet the strawberries are, I also sprinkle some powdered sugar on top :licks_lips:

Et voila :wub2:

Pozole Red

:teehee:

pozole370.jpg

Ingredients

Corn for grain:

2 packages of precooked corn

1 head garlic

1 large onion

1 tablespoon cumin

1 tablespoon oregano

For meat:

1.5 k loin

Quarter of pig's head

Pork Bones

Garlic

Onion

Seasoning

Cumin

Oregano

For the sauce:

San Felipe 6 guajillo chiles

6 guajillo puya chiles

1 / 4 teaspoon oregano

4 cloves garlic

1 / 2 onion

1 / 4 teaspoon cumin

1 / 4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

Preparation:

Cook the corn thoroughly washed in 4 liters of water with the crushed clove of garlic and bouquet garni.

Cut the meat into even pieces. When the corn pop as foam flower, and then add the meat, put a little salt, lower heat and cook until meat is tender. The cooked meat is left to cool in its own broth and debone.

Serve in bowls. Onions, cabbage, pepper, oregano and lemon are put into small dishes and each diner is served to your liking.

Serve with toast.

chicken-tostadas-with-red-tomato-salsa.jpg

Recipe for my favorite strawberry cake :licks_lips:

I usually don't like strawberry pies because of the crust, so I decided to make one with a sponce cake and yummy pastry cream!

Et voila :wub2:

Wow, cool recipe and it seems easy...:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I'll use the jam/water trick of yours next time i'll bake a strawberry cake/pie to get it glossy...:wink2:

Pozole Red

:teehee:

pozole370.jpg

Ingredients

Corn for grain:

2 packages of precooked corn

1 head garlic

1 large onion

1 tablespoon cumin

1 tablespoon oregano

For meat:

1.5 k loin

Quarter of pig's head

Pork Bones

Garlic

Onion

Seasoning

Cumin

Oregano

For the sauce:

San Felipe 6 guajillo chiles

6 guajillo puya chiles

1 / 4 teaspoon oregano

4 cloves garlic

1 / 2 onion

1 / 4 teaspoon cumin

1 / 4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

Preparation:

Cook the corn thoroughly washed in 4 liters of water with the crushed clove of garlic and bouquet garni.

Cut the meat into even pieces. When the corn pop as foam flower, and then add the meat, put a little salt, lower heat and cook until meat is tender. The cooked meat is left to cool in its own broth and debone.

Serve in bowls. Onions, cabbage, pepper, oregano and lemon are put into small dishes and each diner is served to your liking.

Serve with toast.

chicken-tostadas-with-red-tomato-salsa.jpg

Thanks for posting Karla...:thumb_yello:

I love Mexican food, I have several recipes, but i'm afraid it normally doesn't taste as "Mexican" as in my fav Mexican Restaurant...:teehee:

I do my own guacamole though...:biggrin2:

I should'nt have entered this thread, now i'm ever hungrier... I'll try post some of my fav receipes too:thumb_yello:

Go on, we need those tortillas, tapas and paellas recipes for our summer lunches...:naughty:

Aww this is a great thread for a young girl who doesn't know the oven from the dishwasher :aah:

There are many easy recipes where you don't need an oven, and you can always find someone to do the dishes later...:naughty:

Go on, we need those tortillas, tapas and paellas recipes for our summer lunches...:naughty:

There are many easy recipes where you don't need an oven, and you can always find someone to do the dishes later...:naughty:

No, but really, I can't do ANYTHING... I think a fried egg is the extent of my cooking powers :roftl:

LET'S HELP OUR BRASILIAN FRIENDS TO GET MIKAS BUTT IN BRASIL SOON, GUYS!

CAMPAIGN MIKA in SWU FESTIVAL BRAZIL 2010!

Confirmation of the Festival SWU (stars with you) in October 2010, Itu, São Paulo city, Brazil.

We fans of Brazil currently send messages, videos, photos, news about Mika to the organizers, who are still in contact with the artists. We have already started or site http://www.swu.com.br or twitter @Eduardo_Fischer (entrepreneur) and @swubrasil.

C'mon guys! Maybe later this year we will see Mika in Brazil for the first time !!!!"

We collaborate a lot.

Sustainability is the new world order, this project is well organized, with intense publicity through the media, combines music and art, so has everything Mika gives us, finally, I think this festival is going to happen in Brazil.

To learn more about this Festival, which was created in the international standards, with three days of events (9th, 10th and 11st October 2010) go to:

http://www.swu.com.br/pt/festival/

Thanks a lot

Yo, Guy, i' defo trying this one...

Googled those Graham thingies...

graham.jpg

Not sure if available in Portugal, maybe only at a Gourmet store, never seen those at local shops...:dunno:

But i'll bake them and save a few for the children, they must be delish...:thumb_yello:

they actually sell the crumbs of those cookies, so you don't have to break them apart :teehee:

Gracias, guapaaaaa...:wink2:

de nada :wink2:

Mole

20090301203251.jpg

Ingredients:

● 1 chicken

● 400 g of deveined mulato chile

● 400 g of deveined ancho

● 100 g of deveined pasilla chile

● 3 chipotles deveined and boiled

● 4 tomatoes

● 100 g toasted sesame seeds

● 100 g raisins

● 100 g peanuts

● 1 roll

● 3 peppers

● 2 cloves

● A bit of star anise (to taste)

● A little cinnamon (to taste)

● 3 onions

5 cloves garlic ●

● 2 chocolate tablets

● sugar (a little)

Preparation:

Clean the chicken, cut into pieces and fry in a large pot.

Roast and peel the tomatoes and grind with the chiles chipotles. Add the chicken mixture. When all is resected, add a quart of broth, season with salt and simmer.

Fry the chiles mulato, ancho and pasilla in butter until lightly browned (not burned).

In a pan, toast the sesame seeds and anise, and besides, fry together peanuts, raisins, bread, tortillas and spices.

Grind all the chillies, garlic and onions. Add a quart of broth to dissolve. Add the chocolate and allow to season until it thickens. Add the sugar and then the chicken pieces.

To serve, sprinkle with toasted ajonjoí.

:thumb_yello:

Rødgrød med fløde (Red Berry Pudding with Cream)

(if you don't speak danish it's very hard to say:bleh: but funny for us to hear it:aah:

)

DS6529.JPG

Ingredients:

•4 cups red berries ( Red currants are traditional but fresh or frozen strawberries and raspberries, even grape or other berry juice, may be used. )

•3 cups water

•1 cup sugar

•¾ cup potato starch (or cornstarch.)

•1½ cup cold water

________

•Small amount of sugar for sprinkling.

•Cream for topping

Directions:

Bring berries to a boil with the water and cook until the seeds separate from the fruit. use cheesecloth or a fine sieve. Compost the seeds and skins. Pour the red berry juice back into the pot and bring to a boil. Add sugar, stir until the sugar is dissolved.

In a small bowl, mix the potato starch with cold water until it is syrupy, then add it to the berry juice, constantly stirring. As soon as it thickens, remove from the heat and pour into individual glass dishes. Sprinkle with sugar to prevent a skin from forming.

Let cool.

Top with whipped cream.