What I've Learned From Mika…

racinghorse83

For NEW YEARS:

WHAT I HAVE LEARNED FROM DA MASTAH (mika) IN 2008, THE YEAR OF MY TRUE FANGURL FOLLOWING. Twelve worthy points that I could possibly try living by…

1. ALWAYS ALWAYS follow you're dreams, NEVER NEVER give up.

As a child Mika dreamed of making music. How many record companies rejected him because his music sounded different? Lots. How many years did he study music, work many different jobs to further his career and do everything he could to get signed? A whole DECADE. Was it worth it? YES.

2. When you're down, put a happy face on it! Nobody wants to listen to a depressing song, or you’re depressing life story. How many of Mika's songs carry a happy message? Um.. none? But how many have a happy tune?

3. You don't ALWAYS have to tell the truth.. that gets boring. But you can play with it a little, to see how much people believe. You know, I'm good friends with John Travolta..

4. Be nice to you're friends. If you're lucky and have fans, be nice to them too. If you receive, you should probably give; and who doesn't like champagne! (well.. except for Mika?) Maybe that’s why he gave it away.. but it DID go down well and earn some extra kudos for da mastah..

5. Obsessions are healthy. Even one-night-stand type short obsessions are healthy, because you can learn so much in a short time, and often it sticks with you for handy future use.

6. Don't be afraid to try new things. You have an imagination for a reason, so go crazy! Some things may crash and burn, but when you get good you're sure to fly. And who cares if you're labeled "weird"? You're very possibly the only normal person. Random is GOOD, and "expect the unexpected' is the perfect thing to live by.

7. If you make mistakes, don't hurry back and fix it; you'll ruin the FLOW. Instead let things go and straighten it up as soon as it's safe to. And don't let it show on you're face! (..for those who don't understand this one, check out "Happy Ending" on LiveICM and "Love Today" on So You Think You Can Dance US.. or almost any gig, to be honest..)

8. It’s OK to pick up on things late. Some people live on the "first in, first served” basis, but if you wait until you're mature enough to take things in, it doesn't matter if you're a little late. You'll end up as smart as (or smarter!) then the others in the long run. But don't forget; try to learn something new each day. And try to make it stick with you.

9. Don't fuss if people get you're name wrong. You can make a big deal of it and they'll still keep calling you Micah. So try another trademark like a gazillion watches or curly hair, because if they know who you are, it doesn't matter if they call you old McMika, the kind and fine wizard or even his royal curliness. (however they came up with that..?)

10. Admitting that you're a bit of a bastard is a good thing. Sometimes it even makes people like you better, because they know you can be truthful… sometimes...

11. Making empty promises isn't always a good thing. Yes, you can promise an ep and shut people up for now. But it might come back to haunt you later. Along with the "book of music and art" and "short acoustic tour," hmm? Or should I be a little more patient..

12. And last but not least..

NEVER LET YOURSELF GET BORED! Bury yourself in projects and almost forget your fans. If worst comes to worst, hire a cameraman to follow you about while you:

*play in the mud

*play in the snow

*play in something that feels like horse spit

*argue with you're sister about sitting in the front seat of the car

*do train impersonations

*lie on the floor and scream

*tell people that you're jumping off a cliff.. then jump 3 metres into water.

*play fetch with a tortise

*film yourself opening you're birthday presents early… and then show the video to the people who sent them

Edited by racinghorse83

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've learned some new vocabulary, such as 'top of the week', and how to use it. :naughty:

... and that I'm crazy enough to travel after a singer/songwriter. :roftl:

And that I want to draw/paint/photoshop something each day. :cheerful_h4h:

And that I don't hate all kinds of clowns. :wink2:

And I learned that talking to a popstar or wishing to have the opportunity to do so is not necessarily something pathetic.

Edited by violet_sky

I've learned to live my life until love is found,

'cause love's gonna get me down :bleh:

TRUE :naughty:

and i learnt that it's no problem using the word "lurvelly" i was using it before but not much because people would look at me in a weird way :sneaky2: now i don't care :D

For NEW YEARS:

WHAT I HAVE LEARNED FROM DA MASTAH (mika) IN 2008, THE YEAR OF MY TRUE FANGURL FOLLOWING. Twelve worthy points that I could possibly try living by…

As a child Mika dreamed of making music. How many record companies rejected him because his music sounded different? Lots. How many years did he study music, work many different jobs to further his career and do everything he could to get signed? A whole DECADE. Was it worth it? YES.

2. When you're down, put a happy face on it! Nobody wants to listen to a depressing song, or you’re depressing life story. How many of Mika's songs carry a happy message? Um.. none? But how many have a happy tune?

3. You don't ALWAYS have to tell the truth.. that gets boring. But you can play with it a little, to see how much people believe. You know, I'm good friends with John Travolta..

4. Be nice to you're friends. If you're lucky and have fans, be nice to them too. If you receive, you should probably give; and who doesn't like champagne! (well.. except for Mika?) Maybe that’s why he gave it away.. but it DID go down well and earn some extra kudos for da mastah..

5. Obsessions are healthy. Even one-night-stand type short obsessions are healthy, because you can learn so much in a short time, and often it sticks with you for handy future use.

6. Don't be afraid to try new things. You have an imagination for a reason, so go crazy! Some things may crash and burn, but when you get good you're sure to fly. And who cares if you're labeled "weird"? You're very possibly the only normal person. Random is GOOD, and "expect the unexpected' is the perfect thing to live by.

7. If you make mistakes, don't hurry back and fix it; you'll ruin the FLOW. Instead let things go and straighten it up as soon as it's safe to. And don't let it show on you're face! (..for those who don't understand this one, check out "Happy Ending" on LiveICM and "Love Today" on So You Think You Can Dance US.. or almost any gig, to be honest..)

8. It’s OK to pick up on things late. Some people live on the "first in, first served” basis, but if you wait until you're mature enough to take things in, it doesn't matter if you're a little late. You'll end up as smart as (or smarter!) then the others in the long run. But don't forget; try to learn something new each day. And try to make it stick with you.

9. Don't fuss if people get you're name wrong. You can make a big deal of it and they'll still keep calling you Micah. So try another trademark like a gazillion watches or curly hair, because if they know who you are, it doesn't matter if they call you old McMika, the kind and fine wizard or even his royal curliness. (however they came up with that..?)

10. Admitting that you're a bit of a bastard is a good thing. Sometimes it even makes people like you better, because they know you can be truthful… sometimes...

11. Making empty promises isn't always a good thing. Yes, you can promise an ep and shut people up for now. But it might come back to haunt you later. Along with the "book of music and art" and "short acoustic tour," hmm? Or should I be a little more patient..

NEVER LET YOURSELF GET BORED! Bury yourself in projects and almost forget your fans. If worst comes to worst, hire a cameraman to follow you about while you:

*play in the mud

*play in the snow

*do train impersonations

*play fetch with a turtle.

*film yourself opening you're birthday presents early… and then show the video to the people who sent them

Okay for the last time, it's a TORTOISE!!!

And the thing I learned from Mika last year, is that it's very expensive having what seems to be a simple conversation with him, ha ha.

But I also learned that it's most certainly worth it.

What I've learned from Mika' date=' be yourself, you always can be accepted and loved for what you are :wub2: !

I think I drank too much at New Year's Eve, hips ![/quote']

you don't drink too much, it's true what you said, but sometimes we are not accepted by who we are but Mika showed to us that we must remain true even when you are not accept by who you are. This have any sense? :blink: lol

you don't drink too much, it's true what you said, but sometimes we are not accepted by who we are but Mika showed to us that we must remain true even when you are not accept by who you are. This have any sense? :blink: lol

Yes it does :thumb_yello: !

For NEW YEARS:

*play in the mud

*play in the snow

*do train impersonations

*play fetch with a turtle.

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Yeh,she's back and how!!!!:thumb_yello:

The one in bold I loved the most.

I remember that I was a little scared when he told us the he was going to make that jump and didn't hear from him for some day's.

Then when I saw it ,I was like:

:blink: that was it,was I worried for that:sneaky2: Oh mika,you *#°*:boxed:?,

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Yeh,she's back and how!!!!:

The one in bold I loved the most.

I remember that I was a little scared when he told us the he was going to make that jump and didn't hear from him for some day's.

Then when I saw it ,I was like:

:blink: that was it,was I worried for that Oh mika,you *#°*:boxed:?,

thankyou :roftl:

so was I.. i was quite worried actually, but also somewhat happy he was pushing his comfort zone. and then i saw, and was like; "oh mika, you whuss" :roftl:

I've learned that we are very lucky to be fans of such a warm generous guy! I've been lucky enough to drink free champagne at two parties. Brixton and Planet Hollywood. I've also been lucky enough to meet the awesome one and shake his hand. When you talk with him he really makes you feel that you are the only one in the room for that moment. He gives all of his attention to the person he is talking to at that moment. So I've learned he is a very unique and wonderful celebrity! there's probably not another one like him in the celeb world, or possibly even in OUR world!

Another thing I've learned from Mika, is patience. We HAVE to have the patience to wait for that most elusive thing... THE SECOND ALBUM!!

You are never too old for a Tamagotchi.

(That one has been learnt from him AND the peeps on here.)

(She typed, wearing her V3 around her neck.)

Even when you are nearly 6' 4'', you can still act like a cute little 5 year old and be adored for it.

Don't be afraid to cry/admit that you cry at sad films/admit that you are a fan of Renee Zellweger , even if you are an aforementioned tall bloke.

Tall people look hilarious on sledges. (No 'fense)

Playing cards are banned in India.

He saw "that Mr Bean episode"

People can get urges to bite someone else for no plausible reason.

And of course, be yourself.