• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must admit, your comments made me laugh. especially the 'he actually IS french part' :naughty:

but, I think I still like him. I know he looks a lot like Mika, but Mika is NOT the only person who is allowed to have brown curls sing happy [high] songs and dress himself the way he does. Sliimy needs to learn a lot but he can sing and he likes what he is doing...

I'm just saying, if he was fat, had blond hair till his knees and wore a black jump suit all day...if you would still think his music is rubish :mf_rosetinted:

He'll never beat Mika anyways:naughty:

Well actually, I'll go against the majority, but I quite like what Sliimy does... Indeed the curls, the bright colours, the happy pop make you think of Mika, and I'm not sure it's good for Sliimy in the end (might be a marketing mistake, if his looks and universe are very marketing oriented). But still his music is refreshing and happily listenable (euh can you say that in English?). After all when Mika came out everyone said he sounded like the Scissors Sisters... he had to endure some comparisons too.

Need to see how Sliimy grows.

That's incredible, thanks for your input. :blink::sneaky2:

Well, most people either don't know what to think or really like him and I hadn't decided. I like to know what others think too so my opinion really doesn't matter in the slightest. Whatever.

Must admit, your comments made me laugh. especially the 'he actually IS french part' :naughty:

but, I think I still like him. I know he looks a lot like Mika, but Mika is NOT the only person who is allowed to have brown curls sing happy [high] songs and dress himself the way he does. Sliimy needs to learn a lot but he can sing and he likes what he is doing...

I'm just saying, if he was fat, had blond hair till his knees and wore a black jump suit all day...if you would still think his music is rubish :mf_rosetinted:

You get an A+ :cheerful_h4h:

:naughty:

Well we pronounce his name "slimmy". In the interview, he says it's a nickname he got because he's very slim/thin. The interviewer tells him everyone compares him to Mika at one point, to which he can only say "yeah" before the girl interrupts saying he's also compared to Prince.

Anyway... I know a lot of Frenchies are totally allergic to this guy. I am myself, to be honest. I admit he can sing, and that his music is original, but I cant help it, everytime he's on the radio, I have this gut reaction which makes me turn it off :naughty: But I guess a lotta people say the same about Meeks.

What bugs me about him is the way he pronounces things and the profound stupidity of his lyrics. But that's just me uh ;)

Same opinion :wink2:

• 3 months later...
DAYUM, now he's going to come and look and be like "What a bunch of nutsos."

But he's french so maybe he won't exactly understand everything the perverts in the other thread are saying :naughty::roftl:

Hi! You're wrong. He does speak fluent english. He's 19 or 20 and his name is Yanis. He's got north african origins. He chose SLIIMY because he's slim and the 2 i looked and sounded happier, funnier. People compare him to Mika or Prince.

• 2 weeks later...

I basically agree with you, especially the part in bold. I for one love his clothes, style, whatever. Just because he looks quirky and I do love quirkiness.

When it comes to his music I'm not sure. Trust Me is my favorite song and I also like Wake Up and Mum, but I am not a huge fan of the other songs. They are definitely ok, but not "wow!". And his articulation/pronunciation could be better, cause at times I find it quite difficult to understand what he's singing.

All in all, I think I like him. Kind of. Maybe I adore him more than his music, which pretty much sucks, because that's not why I should like a musician. But for that I can only blame myself. :naughty:

Ok, this topic kind of confuses me. :blink: Go, Sliimy!

Just seen the articles about him being called 'the French Mika.' Not sure about that, yeah he has curly hair, beat songs and slightly camp, but that's about it.

I quite like him, reminds me of Kate Nash, very female voice, had to check it was a male singing when I first heard his version of Womanizer. Look forward to hearing more from him!

Just seen the articles about him being called 'the French Mika.' Not sure about that, yeah he has curly hair, beat songs and slightly camp, but that's about it.

I quite like him, reminds me of Kate Nash, very female voice, had to check it was a male singing when I first heard his version of Womanizer. Look forward to hearing more from him!

woooo :shocked: