• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like him, not because he looks like mika. infact I first heard the song and then I saw the video. I know people say he wants to look like Mika, but Mika doesn't have the monopoly for wearing bright colors and singing happy songs. If SLIIMY really wants to look like Mika he wouldn't do it like this, because he knows people will compare him to Mika. This is just who is his, and I like it! :thumb_yello: I bought his album online and I hope I'll receive it tomorrow:wink2:

ouiii alice,

okayy.. sliimy. Personally i think he looks like Mika in his face formation but other than that hes totally different. I know he has curls but i think mika's are neater (and more cuter :red:)

I like his songs cos' there different, like mika's. Their both individual in a good way but i prefer mika. I think it's mainly because he encorprates more instruments into his songs and their are more elements to his music. I know he mainly uses the piano but he plays it differently and varifies his tracks. Also, Slimmy uses a guitar repeatedly but i feel its played in the same way.....

am i making sense? :roftl:

When I first heard "Close And Open" I played the song on YouTube and went to the bathroom before the video actually started. Back from my bathroom I could hear the song and his voice. And I thought I accidentally played the wrong video.

And I thought I was listening to Adele.

But no, I was listening to Sliimy.

Then I played another song and thought it was Kate Nash.

OK I saw this
and was thinking Okaayy...:blink: What's with the flipping dancing?

COLOR]

:blink: ok, for me, he has to learn how to behave on a stage... he's weird and he doesn't cath everything on him when he's on a stage.

Honestly, when I first listened to Mika, I didn't like so much. I thought it was fun, but not awesome. My boyfriend really liked him and we went to a gig on his tour 2007. And I was :shocked: when I saw him on stage... Not because of his face (I was too far :naughty:), but because of his great stage presence. he was so amazing and this gig made me realize how Mika was a real genius and since this day, I never chenged my mind... :wub2: (now, my boyfriend regrets this day when he made me discover Mika ! :naughty: )

But Sliimy doesn't feel comfortable at all on a stage, it's really weird, because for me, the most important, is how an artist could electrify the audience...

I think he's too unexperienced... this buzz on the Internet is maybe too flashy.

Let's see what he could do...

This is a video of last week end. It's a programme which purpose is to be mean with the people who come. Sliimly's lyrics were the most criticized...

http://on-n-est-pas-couche.france2.fr/

it's in French. Its starts at about 2,55,30. But I like his Ottis Ridding's cover...

First i want to say, i don't hate Sliimy.

But,

When I see Mika in his "weird" clothes,to me it's stylish and new and I love it.

When I see Sliimy,it's like a big joke,a real weirdo.

And I can't help it but he looks like a Mika imitator who wants to make a fool of Mika.

I don't know Sliimy that long,I discovered him last week and I still don't know what to think about him. (to like him or not)

First i want to say, i don't hate Sliimy.

But,

When I see Mika in his "weird" clothes,to me it's stylish and new and I love it.When I see Sliimy,it's like a big joke,a real weirdo.

And I can't help it but he looks like a Mika imitator who wants to make a fool of Mika.

I don't know Sliimy that long,I discovered him last week and I still don't know what to think about him. (to like him or not)

Yeah I kind of feel like that. Except he's making a fool of himself not Mika.

:blink: ok, for me, he has to learn how to behave on a stage... he's weird and he doesn't cath everything on him when he's on a stage.

Honestly, when I first listened to Mika, I didn't like so much. I thought it was fun, but not awesome. My boyfriend really liked him and we went to a gig on his tour 2007. And I was :shocked: when I saw him on stage... Not because of his face (I was too far :naughty:), but because of his great stage presence. he was so amazing and this gig made me realize how Mika was a real genius and since this day, I never chenged my mind... :wub2: (now, my boyfriend regrets this day when he made me discover Mika ! :naughty: )

But Sliimy doesn't feel comfortable at all on a stage, it's really weird, because for me, the most important, is how an artist could electrify the audience...

I think he's too unexperienced... this buzz on the Internet is maybe too flashy.

Let's see what he could do...

This is a video of last week end. It's a programme which purpose is to be mean with the people who come. Sliimly's lyrics were the most criticized...

http://on-n-est-pas-couche.france2.fr/

it's in French. Its starts at about 2,55,30. But I like his Ottis Ridding's cover...

I definitely agree with you, he doesn't capture your attention in a good way but it's more weird.

The video doesn't seem to work for me. Strange, didn't Laurent Ruquier interview Mika 'on a tout esaye' and say good stuff about him? ( sorry about the lack of accents).:roftl:

I definitely agree with you, he doesn't capture your attention in a good way but it's more weird.

The video doesn't seem to work for me. Strange, didn't Laurent Ruquier interview Mika 'on a tout esaye' and say good stuff about him? ( sorry about the lack of accents).:roftl:

Laurent Ruquier would lick anyone's boots... especially gay men's :naughty: He was very nice to Sliimy actually, and as much as I find Sliimy's lyrics stupid, the song that was bashed isn't so bad, and in all objectivity, the journalist was the one who made a fool of himself that night. Especially when Ruquier asked him if he had ever paid attention to the Beatles' lyrics and he said "No cause I have better things to do"... Kinda shot himself in the foot. I don't like this show anyway :naughty:

Hmmmm.... Interesting... I don't know if I like him or not. I mean, he definitely resembles Mika in looks, and some of his dress sense, but he is different...

Actually, the thing that occurred to me most was: If Mika hadn't moved to England, would he be Sliimy?

Sliimy sings high and sometimes falsetto, and I'm not convinced that his voice is trained. If Mika hadn't gone to England and had all those issues at school, would he have had his singing training? Who knows. But his voice may have ended up more like Sliimy's.

And his passion for bowties... If he hadn't left France he might still be into them the way Sliimy seems to be.

I actually find it kind of freaky the way Sliimy resembles Mika. Too many coincidences and points of similarity for me to be quite comfortable with him.

I think I will watch the career of this young guy, but I can't see me following him.

I'll stick with the genuine article.

And someone who's name doesn't make me think of slime.

Hmmmm.... Interesting... I don't know if I like him or not. I mean, he definitely resembles Mika in looks, and some of his dress sense, but he is different...

Actually, the thing that occurred to me most was: If Mika hadn't moved to England, would he be Sliimy?

Sliimy sings high and sometimes falsetto, and I'm not convinced that his voice is trained. If Mika hadn't gone to England and had all those issues at school, would he have had his singing training? Who knows. But his voice may have ended up more like Sliimy's.

And his passion for bowties... If he hadn't left France he might still be into them the way Sliimy seems to be.

I actually find it kind of freaky the way Sliimy resembles Mika. Too many coincidences and points of similarity for me to be quite comfortable with him.

I think I will watch the career of this young guy, but I can't see me following him.

I'll stick with the genuine article.

And someone who's name doesn't make me think of slime.

Interesting thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I quoted some people's opinions because they're kinda like mine lol.

Once, I was reading a free newspaper in the train and I screamed when I saw a pic of Mika! I was like wow Mika in the newspaper, that's rare!! And then, I noticed it was NOT Mika, but a guy called Sliimy (:boxed:). Same clothes, same hair, same look! And I didn't even read the article, I thought, well, Mika has success, Sliimy wants success, Sliimy imitates Mika!

And today, there was another article in another newspaper and it said how wonderful Sliimy (:boxed: sorry but this name, it's not serious) is and how wonderful his voice is blah blah. So I decided to check him on youtube. And really, I find his voice annoying. And his face, too, though it's not really his fault:naughty:

I don't think he's copying Mika to make fun of him, but because Mika is successful. Maybe he likes skinny jeans and colourful clothes, but the imitation is too obvious in my opinion. And I don't like copying...

I've watched the "Wake Up" video and sorry but it so looks like Mika - the umbrella, the birds, the colours everywhere. And the lyrics are kinda er.... bizarre and stupid. But the music is quite catchy I agree.

Maybe it's because I'm a real Mika fan that I can't really stand Sliimy, maybe I'm just not objective enough, but that's how I feel about it.:wink2:

He's like a sad parody of Mika. He doesn't grab me at all.

He sings in English but I find it hard to decipher what he's singing about.

Interesting when he does LDN he lapses into a bit of estuary English though.

He doesn't sound like Mika to me but has his own sound, not sure I am struck with it. When I first heard Mika, I instantly loved Relax, then GK, then before the album was released, it was previewed on the radio, and I just fell in love with every track they played. Sliimy didn't affect me like this at all. It was interesting to watch, but that's it.

I just watched this clip

and I don't speak French, but I didn't hear Mika mentioned at all, but they compared him to Prince (maybe just in looks) but strange if they didn't compare his looks and style to Mika as well.

No wonder Mika wants to get restyled

Were the other guests saying something about him singing in English. I thought they said that he would be popular in Europe because of this? I may have got that wrong though.

The other thing is his name Sliimy I know it's pronounced as in slim, but in English it looks too much like slimy which means

1. of or like slime.

2. abounding in or covered with slime.

3. offensively foul or vile.

and slime is

1. thin, glutinous mud.

2. any ropy or viscous liquid matter, esp. of a foul kind.

3. a viscous secretion of animal or vegetable origin.

4. Also called slime⋅ball /ˈslaɪmˌbɔl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [slahym-bawl] . Slang. a repulsive or despicable person.

Unfortunate!

Maybe French people might like him as much as Mika though because he actually is French? ( I think)

Comments welcome.

That made my day!!!! haha

Well we pronounce his name "slimmy". In the interview, he says it's a nickname he got because he's very slim/thin. The interviewer tells him everyone compares him to Mika at one point, to which he can only say "yeah" before the girl interrupts saying he's also compared to Prince.

Anyway... I know a lot of Frenchies are totally allergic to this guy. I am myself, to be honest. I admit he can sing, and that his music is original, but I cant help it, everytime he's on the radio, I have this gut reaction which makes me turn it off :naughty: But I guess a lotta people say the same about Meeks.

What bugs me about him is the way he pronounces things and the profound stupidity of his lyrics. But that's just me uh

Me too ^^

hmmm not really ! As Niki just said, many of us can't stand him...especially on the french forum.

For me, they're not playing in the same league. Mika is a real musician, he composes his own music, which is really elaborate and sophisticated. On stage, he is amazing, let's see what this young boy could do...

I mean, his music isn't bad, but in France, in newspapers (or on the web) you always find the comparison with Mika. They say he's the new him. And it's unbearable because they always say that! Some journalists even say that Mika fears Sliimy because of his probable big success to come...

Well, some even say Mika wants to hurry to finish his album because of him...

Everybody has his opinion about him. I don't have anything against him, but the less I hear him on the radio, the better i feel !

Sorry for my english, it's not easy to explain things like that

Is Mika hurrying to finish his album?? loool When is the release date again?:naughty:

Well I guess the comparison with Mika was the boy's goal... That sliimy guy really tried to look like Meeks, imo. Even the way he speaks in interviews is similar, it's a bit irritating

Things about sliimy that make me think he’s copying mika;

Curly hair, glasses, tall and skinny, mika-esque clothing.

His singing is high, lyrics weird, and the

‘But i can be loathsome’ in sliimy’s song ‘wake up’

Is too much like ‘I can be loathsome’ in Grace Kelly.

In his photoshoot/videos, the hands with gloves like in happy ending, cakes like in love today, umbrellas, colours, coloured circles, its too much the same. I just don’t like it.

so something about him i just don't like. i don't know what it is, but iwouldn't say 'i don't like him' but i don't like him either. he's OK, but theres something about him i don't like.

I hadn't noticed that, but yeah, it's no accident ^^

Ok, with those glasses he looks more like Austin Powers, I guess, and he kinda sounds like Kate Nash for me, tho those curls looks very cute on him.

I like "Wake up" (I found his voice annoying in the "Womenizer" cover..) and I'm looking forward to heard the whole album.

Totally!!!!

He is a hideous caricature of Mika. Like everything the marmite haters despise about Mika in the extreme.

Harsh words, but kinda true:roftl:

Yeah I kind of feel like that. Except he's making a fool of himself not Mika.
Edited by Emerald