Second Album in September?

Becky

I'm obviously losing my mind, because instead of 'smex', I read 'mfc' :roftl:

Isn't it the same? :blink:

Btw that happens to me all the time - not the smex thing, but the misreading.

My favourite is 'Go to Mikasounds - No blog yet' :roftl:

Oh and... do we have a Chesney Hawkes thread? :roftl:

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it the same? :blink:

Btw that happens to me all the time - not the smex thing, but the misreading.

My favourite is 'Go to Mikasounds - No blog yet' :roftl:

Oh and... do we have a Chesney Hawkes thread? :roftl:

Oooh, Big Brother has a lot to answer for!:naughty:

Oooh, Big Brother has a lot to answer for!:naughty:

Serisously, I didn't think he was still alive! :roftl: Then, this afternoon I read your comment on Mikasounds and was like "Zoom whattt? Chesney Hawkes?" What a blast from the past! :naughty:

I always understood, that MIKA the slow boy). And if He does something, He wants, that it has been made carefully. And He it is meticulously above it works. He, as great artists of the past who to years created the masterpieces . He perfects each semitone, everyone of a half-sound. It - is His child which should be ideal to His eye.

For career an output of the second album - very the important step... It should be as is good and even better. And MIKA does not hurry up, but He is very much diligent...

I very much worry for Him. A new album - the big attention of critics. I so want, that Him would love every ...

Certainly, there are such fans, to which additional charging is necessary to not be disappointed. I hope, among MIKA's fans such minority. It is necessary to be more patient...

He dreamed of superworld popularity. For this purpose it is necessary to turn, everywhere to be in time and declare himself in any possible ways, including scandals. But our MIKA not such. And it very much pleases me. The scandalous behaviour draws general attention, but does not add love and respect.

In September, so in September...

And till September just time for "The Not Mastered Open Spaces" - all East Europe... RUSSIA!!! With that program which we have well studied, but we dream to see in alive performance).

Edited by Lena

I always understood, that MIKA the slow boy). And if He does something, He wants, that it has been made carefully. And He it is meticulously above it works. He, as great artists of the past who to years created the masterpieces . He perfects each semitone, everyone of a half-sound. It - is His child which should be ideal to His eye.

For career an output of the second album - very the important step... It should be as is good and even better. And MIKA does not hurry up, but He is very much diligent...

I very much worry for Him. A new album - the big attention of critics. I so want, that Him would love every ...

Certainly, there are such fans, to which additional charging is necessary to not be disappointed. I hope, among MIKA's fans such minority. It is necessary to be more patient...

He dreamed of superworld popularity. For this purpose it is necessary to turn, everywhere to be in time and declare himself in any possible ways, including scandals. But our MIKA not such. And it very much pleases me. The scandalous behaviour draws general attention, but does not add love and respect.

In September, so in September...

And till September just time for "The Not Mastered Open Spaces" - all East Europe... RUSSIA!!! With that program which we have well studied, but we dream to see in alive performance).

I agree :rolls_eyes: and BTW I'm a very patient girlie :wub2:

Serisously, I didn't think he was still alive! :roftl: Then, this afternoon I read your comment on Mikasounds and was like "Zoom whattt? Chesney Hawkes?" What a blast from the past! :naughty:

I AM, THE ONE AND OOOOOOOOOONLYYY :punk:

I had totally forgotten about Chesney until a couple of years ago, when I worked with a guy who looked A LOT like him, and people used to call him Chesney Hawkes :roftl:

He felt pretty mortified :naughty:

I can wait what it takes for the album, we don't want something made in a hurry just to please desperate fans...

What i find hard to wait for are gigs and blogs/vlogs...;(

Yeeees.... The new blog-it that so is necessary for me! I still can sustain a three-four day, but later with melancholy I update and update page of Mikasounds

Gigs - absolutely other-wordly dream...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :thumb_yello:

I AM, THE ONE AND OOOOOOOOOONLYYY :punk:

I had totally forgotten about Chesney until a couple of years ago, when I worked with a guy who looked A LOT like him, and people used to call him Chesney Hawkes :roftl:

He felt pretty mortified :naughty:

Haha, I believe so! :roftl:

It was in the News of the World the weekend before last, in the music gossip section, in a little square in the corner.

Basically, it said something along the lines of

'Good news if your a Mika fan, like me. Mika's finally back in the studio, in LA, working on the 2nd album! We can expect it on the shelves in September.'

it doesn't sound very official to me. i mean the person who wrote that doesnt seem to be very well informed, it sounds as though they think that mika started recording two weeks ago, while we know that he's been recording in LA since october.

if a site like billboard said that the new album is going to be released in september i'd believe it but i cant really trust this paper. i guess we'll have to wait for some more official info about it.

and i remember that mika wrote in his blog that 09 will be a busy year, i dont think he would have said that if all the action was going to start in september. i'm sure that we can expect some great things to happen a bit earlier than that.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Thanksyou violet_sky!!!:wink2:

Lena, we are all hoping you get to see Mika.

And I thought your comments about his second album were very true :thumb_yello:

Yeeees.... The new blog-it that so is necessary for me! I still can sustain a three-four day, but later with melancholy I update and update page of Mikasounds

Gigs - absolutely other-wordly dream...

See, Mika, it's in your best interest: more gigs= less comments to approve (or delete :sneaky2::bleh:)

I too very much hope. Otherwise ... "If the mountain does not come to Mohammed, then Mohammed will go to the mountain"

One of my favourite sayings, I've posted it many, many times here :naughty:

I too very much hope. Otherwise ... "If the mountain does not come to Mohammed, then Mohammed will go to the mountain"

Yes, Christine had to go to the mountain 4 times already because the mountain doesn't spend much time in Canada. :roftl:

and i remember that mika wrote in his blog that 09 will be a busy year, i dont think he would have said that if all the action was going to start in september. i'm sure that we can expect some great things to happen a bit earlier than that.

The action is not going to start the day the album is released. Mika was promoting himself, touring, releasing singles and making videos many months before LICM was released. I got my digital copies of Relax and Grace Kelly in 2006 and I was already months behind the times of people who knew of him earlier.

Even if Mika finished recording tomorrow they will not rush out and print the CDs and have them in the stores the next day. There is a whole process to launching the album and we haven't even seen the beginning of it yet.

I think, as Rose says, this blog where Mika says he will be testing on the streets for the next few months is a good indication that this album will not be stores any time soon.

I find it very interesting to see how the whole thing with a new album started. I never have been there before, because the most bands I found good had more than one cd released, before I liked them. Of course I am not very patient and want to have the album soon, but I can wait, while watching what will happen. :naughty:

I totally agree with you. As the old adage goes: "It takes time to prepare good food". Well, it's probably the same with good, no great, music. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. But honestly, I think it'll be before september (fingers tightly crossed). I was thinking it might be more like April or May.

I imagine it's not going to be easy to put out an album that will top or even equal LICM, but I just know that our MIKA can do it.

And I've read in other posts that he could lose fans over this. Well like some said, the hardcore fans will NEVER leave. :wub2:

Later,

:naughty: He said that in April 2007, not yesterday.

You know people generally don't work day and night 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. They are allowed to go out and take holidays.

Mika spent years putting the first album together and he did all kinds of stuff in between writing the first verses and the album hitting the shelves. I am betting a lot more time transpired than most people realize and it's not realistic to expect him to churn out an equally good album in less than 24 months.

You need to experience life in order to feed your imagination and your creativity. You can't just lock yourself in a windowless room until a great album comes out.

I would be thrilled to hear that you'd gone to see a Mika gig and written up a report for us in the gig thread. I have to remind myself sometimes that Australia is not the only place in the world that Mika hasn't toured! And he did at least pop in here very briefly.