Is this Mika?

Sabine64

It's not documented anywhere that he wrote a jingle for British Airways.

Didn't he just do some music for the telephone?

Somewhere is this interview is he talking about that he did a jingle for British Airways!:thumb_yello:

When his bags got lost and he gave them a call he was stuck with hearing himself singing while he waited.:wink2:

but this advert is from 1994

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTFIcS1Iwbw,

here is this flower duet adopted from Yanni used the first time ;) - and in just this time, approx. 1994, mika has definitely sung for British Airways .....

and compare it with mika's singing of the Pilgram-Piece .... he COULD easily be this singer, at least one of them of course ;)

• Like 1

but this advert is from 1994

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTFIcS1Iwbw,

here is this flower duet adopted from Yanni used the first time ;) - and in just this time, approx. 1994, mika has definitely sung for British Airways .....

and compare it with mika's singing of the Pilgram-Piece .... he COULD easily be this singer, at least one of them of course ;)

Well if he called this a jingle he wants shooting!

Also this advert was first shown in 1989 when Mika was 6 and living in France. I think the chances of him recording this jingle are non existant.

Edited by babspanky

I was going to say.... it can't be Mika, it's the flower duet and isn't that sung by women etc etc and then I listened to the middle part of it and I could almost convince myself that some of it did sound like him. I don't think it is.... but it gave me a start!

Yes, you are right *lol* - but its not the original piece of the opera, this greek composer "Yanni" has transformed it a bit for this airway.... ok, I had a little bit researched for this "jingle" ;) ... has mika said that he had WRITTEN a song for them, for the airline, or just SUNG it?? - I mean, he was just a young teen

Edited by faballa

Yes, you are right *lol* - but its not the original piece of the opera, this greek composer "Yanni" has transformed it a bit for this airway.... ok, I had a little bit researched for this "jingle" ;) ... has mika said that he had WRITTEN a song for them, for the airline, or just SUNG it?? - I mean, he was just a young teen

I don't remember, but I do personally remember this advert in the early 90's and if you google it you get several references to it being first aired in 1989, when Mika was still in France, aged 6.

he said that he hasn't written jingles or music for british airways or orbit. he just sung for their commercials or the music you hear when they put you on hold etc.

I have found the advert for chewing gum that Mika was responsible for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GkioHxznOw

Enjoy ;)

Did it the joke?As I expected, there there should be jingle for "Orbit"....with a small slogan

And in "Aria" I have not heard anybody similar to Mika... Another's voices

Edited by Lena

Did it the joke?As I expected, there there should be jingle for "Orbit"....with a small slogan

And in "Aria" I have not heard anybody similar to Mika... Another's voices

It's only a joke Lena!:wink2:

You are so right, it was the Orbit gum he made advertising for!:thumb_yello: