:roftl: Haha !! Why ... 'cos I got a word right ???

No no no me dear...............I wasn't refering to you...it is just those other mad Oldlings.:wink2: I know that you, like me, are totally sane:thumb_yello:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No no no me dear...............I wasn't refering to you...it is just those other mad Oldlings.:wink2: I know that you, like me, are totally sane:thumb_yello:

:roftl::roftlroftl:

Hahahahahah !!! Only 'cos we are gonna swim back from Dublin together ... :das::wink2:

:roftl:

Thats it!! i'm not giving you a lift in my row-boat back from Dublin! :sneaky2:

:roftl::roftlroftl:

Hahahahahah !!! Only 'cos we are gonna swim back from Dublin together ...

Well, I might make it my love but it would be a hell of a swim for you:naughty:

Thats it!! i'm not giving you a lift in my row-boat back from Dublin! :sneaky2:

I think Happi's need is greater than mine:naughty:

Anyway, I am stowing away on the ferry:naughty:

Well, I might make it my love but it would be a hell of a swim for you:naughty:

I think Happi's need is greater than mine:naughty:

Anyway, I am stowing away on the ferry:naughty:

I wish my BILs boat was still sea worthy!

But I don't think he'd let me borrow it anyway:naughty:

you people are mad. I am so pleased that I am sane:mf_rosetinted:

I'm starting to think you're right.....I think i was the only parent at the schoolyard singing "Proud Mary" to her baby :naughty: I don't care, Izzie liked it!

Ok, I honestly think I deserve that lap dance for making it to the end of this thread. I have to admit it's highly entertaining but man, I'm gone for what seems like a moment and when I come back there are 40 new pages :insane:

40 pages and no update, lol..

It's been 8 months since my last Mika gig, I had time to put together a little Mika Fund and I've never been to Dublin before so all I need is the confirmation. But unfortunately I feel like chances of it happening are getting smaller every day cause May is so close. If it happens then it really will be a very short notice. Both of the potential venues are small so they don't have a lot of tickets to sell but still. To sell even 600 tickets you have to give people some time, and by some time I mean months, not weeks. Unless this really was a mistake and the Dublin gig was never an option. In which case I have to say that at least I had something to be excited about. Yaaay?.. :boxed:

people, do you think seriously mika team is considering our needs and hopes and therefore planning the tour in good time for us to be better organised..? you must be kidding. :blink:

sorry if it sounds harsh, but I think the only thing taken in consideration by MT is when mika decides his album is ready, if he wants to launch it with book/site/video too (that may delay release) AND (I hope for him) marketing strategies.

then they may consider some MFC devoted presales of the gigs ticks or whatever, but as far as about the rest, i think it's just wishful thinking.

I think this is exactly the situation.

If it happens then it really will be a very short notice. Both of the potential venues are small so they don't have a lot of tickets to sell but still. To sell even 600 tickets you have to give people some time, and by some time I mean months, not weeks.

I think it will take them all of 5 minutes to sell 600 tickets. He gave less than 2 months notice for his entire North American tour and it wasn't a problem.

These gigs in particular have nothing to do with the fans I'm guessing. Mika is out trying to promote his album and impress the media. I hope that they will make some special accommodation for us to get our hands on tickets but these shows are not about giving hard core fans a chance to see Mika so our travel plans are not factoring into their strategy.

Having said that if Mika does any sort of "secret" gig making it virtually impossible for many fans to attend I will be done with travelling to see Mika. I am not up for playing such games. We have stuck by while he plays arenas and stadiums in the hope that there will be opportunities like this to see him in an intimate setting again. If he can't do small shows because of the large audience demand that's understandable, but if he does them and we can't possibly make it because of some "secret" nonsense I will not be impressed.

As much as I agree with you on some points, I can't help wondering what's the proportion of people out there in "the real world" that take flights to go to a gig abroad? :wink2:

I have :insane: and will :insane: . Anyone else :wink2: ?

Ingie's not the only mad fan, bless her :huglove: !

See you there, Ingie :plane: .

Cheers,

Id3

I think it will take them all of 5 minutes to sell 600 tickets. He gave less than 2 months notice for his entire North American tour and it wasn't a problem.

These gigs in particular have nothing to do with the fans I'm guessing. Mika is out trying to promote his album and impress the media. I hope that they will make some special accommodation for us to get our hands on tickets but these shows are not about giving hard core fans a chance to see Mika so our travel plans are not factoring into their strategy.

Having said that if Mika does any sort of "secret" gig making it virtually impossible for many fans to attend I will be done with travelling to see Mika. I am not up for playing such games. We have stuck by while he plays arenas and stadiums in the hope that there will be opportunities like this to see him in an intimate setting again. If he can't do small shows because of the large audience demand that's understandable, but if he does them and we can't possibly make it because of some "secret" nonsense I will not be impressed.

I agree.

However, I think that anyone who really wants to, can do smaller shows.

The Script have just scheduled a 5 night (or more) stint in London in a smallish sized venue (Sheperd's Bush), instead of doing a one night in a massive place.

I just wish Mika would do that in the future rather than going down the route of massive venues :original: but in any case, I REALLY hope taht when the time comes for the promised small shows, we are considered for preferential tickets :thumb_yello:.

I agree.

However, I think that anyone who really wants to, can do smaller shows.

The Script have just scheduled a 5 night (or more) stint in London in a smallish sized venue (Sheperd's Bush), instead of doing a one night in a massive place.

I just wish Mika would do that in the future rather than going down the route of massive venues :original: but in any case, I REALLY hope taht when the time comes for the promised small shows, we are considered for preferential tickets :thumb_yello:.

I hope so too!

Let’s play with thought that we actually will end up in Dublin for a nice little concert!:wink2:

So…I saw just a short bit on TV about Dublin and it really seemed like an interesting town, a home of a lot of authors if I’m not mistaken.

My question is… what is there more to see, except from a possible concert?

Let’s say in a day or two…

Please tell me if you have been there and have some ideas what to see!

I've got a question.

Mika said somewhere in his blogs, he would give some secret gigs and in another blog he said,he would give some small gigs.

Are these small gigs the secret gigs?

At the moment when Mika did his first secret gigs I wasn't a fan .

So I also would like to know how that works.

Can someone who has experienced a secret gig of mika explain this to me?

Edited by Moonlightchild

Let’s play with thought that we actually will end up in Dublin for a nice little concert!:wink2:

So…I saw just a short bit on TV about Dublin and it really seemed like an interesting town, a home of a lot of authors if I’m not mistaken.

I've never been there, but I know you can do the "Joyce" route, the Ulysses' author, a novel (600 pages) which took place during one single day in Dublin...

I've never been there, but I know you can do the "Joyce" route, the Ulysses' author, a novel (600 pages) which took place during one single day in Dublin...

Goes googling....:wink2:

Thanks!

I've got a question.

Mika said somewhere in his blogs, he would give some secret gigs and in another blog he said,he would give some small gigs.

Can someone who has expirenced a secret gig of mika explain this to me?

No, it's a secret.

The thing to do in Dubs is to get totally drunk in the pub and try to make it back home !! :roftl:

I've got a question.

Unfortunately, the only secret Mika gig that I knew about ended up being super secret as I wasn't picked to go :naughty:. So I can't help

No, it's a secret.

:blink:

Unfortunately, the only secret Mika gig that I knew about ended up being super secret as I wasn't picked to go :naughty:. So I can't help

Ok,thanks

And what about my first question?

do you think these small gigs will be the secret gigs?

I've got a question.

He did one in Manchester, there used to be an interview in You Tube but I can't find it right now!

It was along time ago!

The thing to do in Dubs is to get totally drunk in the pub and try to make it back home !! :roftl:

Okay!:roftl:

I don't think you get to see so much then though!:naughty:

And what about my first question?

do you think these small gigs will be the secret gigs?

I have no idea...but I think that they will be separate. Or at least I hope so!!! If he only does small 'secret' gigs I will be seriously pissed off :naughty:

He did one in Manchester, there used to be an interview in You Tube but I can't find it right now!

It was along time ago!

Yes, June 07. I applied but never got tickets :thumbdown: