• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for finding out.

Seriously am I the only one who thinks this whole thing went on way too long without being cleared up? Nothing to do with MFC, I just mean Mika's management. It was so misleading, I mean some people who read those websites might still think something is happening.

I just think it was a really bad idea having it as set in that blog and then no mention of why it's not happening...:sad:

Anyway, moving on... :groovy:

I completely agree, how has it taken so long to be cleared up? It's been teased out for so long, and it was really frustrating not knowing what was going on.

One Irish fan I met on the new mikasounds website still thought there was a gig going ahead, I didn't have the heart to tell him that it didn't look likely since the dates were announced but I think I'll have to break the news now. :( There could be many more who follow mikasounds blog who still think something is happening... which is quite sad.

I think Mika did want to come to Dublin. But for whatever reason it just didn't fit into his plans. Oh well... :(

Boooooooooooo!

Someone start a daffodil and thistle thread!

well i am welsh & live in glasgow so yeah what of it :wink2: gotta stick by my own kind :thumb_yello:

Just heard from Mika's management -- this Dublin gig is NOT happening.

Sorry all. :(

well im sad & happy but its still unfair what was done with the uk gig :sneaky2:

Thanks for finding out.

Seriously am I the only one who thinks this whole thing went on way too long without being cleared up? Nothing to do with MFC, I just mean Mika's management. It was so misleading, I mean some people who read those websites might still think something is happening.

I wouldn't put all the blame on Mika's management. I mean, the

people who run the websites must have known that the gig wasn't

happening by now and haven't removed the event from the sites.

I think that's *their* responsibility, right? -- to keep their websites up to date. Realistically, I don't think Mika's management is going to go to

every ticket seller website or every venue website, just to see if they've

kept their info updated. :blink:

I completely agree, how has it taken so long to be cleared up? It's been teased out for so long, and it was really frustrating not knowing what was going on.

One Irish fan I met on the new mikasounds website still thought there was a gig going ahead, I didn't have the heart to tell him that it didn't look likely since the dates were announced but I think I'll have to break the news now. :( There could be many more who follow mikasounds blog who still think something is happening... which is quite sad.

It seems to me that when the European dates came out

starting with June 1, it was pretty clear that nothing was going to

happen *before* that. Don't you think? And just the fact that Mika

mentioned it in a blog a few months ago... well, things change all the

time. At the time he wrote it, perhaps there *were* plans to go to

Ireland, but it just didn't work out... this time. There are bound to be

more tours in Mika's future, and I'm sure they will include as many places

worldwide as possible! :thumb_yello:

well i am welsh & live in glasgow so yeah what of it :wink2: gotta stick by my own kind :thumb_yello:

well im sad & happy but its still unfair what was done with the uk gig :sneaky2:

What do you mean about the UK gig?

Hah, Tauruslady and me are going, but I tell you what I think was unfair, not even knowing what seats were available at the time of purchase. What kind of a system doesn't even tell you what seats you are buying? :thumbdown:

It seems to me that when the European dates came out

starting with June 1, it was pretty clear that nothing was going to

happen *before* that. Don't you think? And just the fact that Mika

mentioned it in a blog a few months ago... well, things change all the

time. At the time he wrote it, perhaps there *were* plans to go to

Ireland, but it just didn't work out... this time. There are bound to be

more tours in Mika's future, and I'm sure they will include as many places

worldwide as possible! :thumb_yello:

I see what you mean, but seeing as May 28th was so close to June 1st, there still was some hope that it would be fit in, especially with the talk of more "secret gigs" on the way. I don't know, I just thought I was right in having faith that Mika would stay true to his word.

It looks that way though, whatever plans he had simply fell through. It would be nice to know why though, the way it was never mentioned again was a bit strange :boxed:

Thank you for helping dcdeb, really it is appreciated. :thumb_yello:

I'm only suggesting that it might have something to do with his management since it was on the blog, and generally if something is first on a list of places included on a tour you tend to believe it... well I did.

I think the blog is what put me off. If there was no mention at all, this wouldn't be an issue at all. Mika only playing here once in 2007edit: (and a small show before that)

, we're used to no dates on the tour, but this time it appeared to be happening.

I don't beleive everything I read and especially not those kind of websites(eventful not mikasounds:naughty:), but I just mean that generally it was misleading. I'm sure it isn't all Mika's team's fault or anything, but I think a lot of people would read things and believe it.

I think it's best to move on from it now, if it's not happening there is nothing we can do.

Edited by tauruslady

What do you mean about the UK gig?

Hah, Tauruslady and me are going, but I tell you what I think was unfair, not even knowing what seats were available at the time of purchase. What kind of a system doesn't even tell you what seats you are buying? :thumbdown:

uk gigs should have been england(london) , scotland , ireland & wales , but instead uk was thrown into the category "EUROPE GIGS" so it make me feel like we were dilibertly left out !

I don't think it's a case of being anyone's fault although perhaps Mika shouldn't have mentioned specific countries until it was 110% confirmed. But I guess he gets excited like everyone else and had every reason to think it would be happening when he wrote it.

I do understand why you're disappointed though.

To be fair, didn't Fred clear this up before, he contacted Team Mika, and they were adamant no gig was happening on that date.

And if they were planning a secret gig, they would hardly let the venue have a ticket link for tix, if they issue tix the same way they did in LA. They wouldn't need to.

I don't think it's a case of being anyone's fault although perhaps Mika shouldn't have mentioned specific countries until it was 110% confirmed. But I guess he gets excited like everyone else and had every reason to think it would be happening when he wrote it.

Yeah, plus I don't think that him telling us that it was for real in LA counts as a good 'non confusing technique' either :roftl:

It looks that way though, whatever plans he had simply fell through. It would be nice to know why though, the way it was never mentioned again was a bit strange :boxed:

I agree -- but they didn't offer any explanation, so I'm really not sure what happened. :(

I think the blog is what put me off. If there was no mention at all, this wouldn't be an issue at all. Mika only playing here once in 2007edit: (and a small show before that)

, we're used to no dates on the tour, but this time it appeared to be happening.

I don't beleive everything I read and especially not those kind of websites(eventful not mikasounds:naughty:), but I just mean that generally it was misleading. I'm sure it isn't all Mika's team's fault or anything, but I think a lot of people would read things and believe it.

I hear you. When you see it on a ticket site, you tend to believe it, and

then you hear Mika saying it, so of *course* you believe it. It's really

unfortunate that it didn't materialize, and I didn't mean to imply that you

shouldn't be disappointed. I know how I would feel. Mika's only been to

my city once, too -- the only reason I've seen him more than that is

that I've been extremely lucky and have been able to travel a little.

And I'm sitting here right now wondering what his future plans are,

so I really do know what you mean :blink:

Bottom line is: Mika is a confusing person:mf_rosetinted:

Yes, I think it's safe to say that for sure! :thumb_yello:

Sucks, though I can see Dublin now

And you will, I will make sure that IS happening!

:thumb_yello:

And you will see Hill of Tara, just above Dublin...with awesome views!!!:thumb_yello:

Yeah, that, or he just doesn't have a clue about what the heck he's doing with his schedule :roftl:

I think sometimes Mika has a lot of awesome ideas, but is just really bad in putting it into action, but in his enthusiasm shares it with the world immediately.

I've been like that too. I said I'd write a book, I should have completed 6 by now:roftl:

I was the one who asked him if Dublin was for real, when I met him after the Roxy in LA. He said "Dublin is for real, yes" and then he went into the spiel about touring little venues around the world -- you can see it on the meet & greet video. He really did believe it was happening, and I don't think he meant to mislead anyone... for whatever reason that we don't know it did not work out on their end. It could be any number of reasons. I'm sorry to anyone who had their hopes up for this one...

He never announced it though. We did our own usual sleuthing and found it online when it should never have been posted by the venue, and he only told me it was "for real" because I asked him about it. He didn't volunteer the information... and I kind of whispered the question to him too, so I don't think he ever really intended for us to get our hopes up.

Edited by zoots14

I totally agree. I think it's just a case of plans changing, and Mika comitting to things (telling Zoots it was for real, putting Ireland on his blog) before it was 100% for sure.

For example, at the end of the LA gig he told us "thank you, see you in June!" But it's already the end of May, and we've heard nothing to make us believe he'll actually be playing LA. So I think our best bet is to believe that nothing is "for real" until people are actually able to buy tickets.

Just heard from Mika's management -- this Dublin gig is NOT happening.

Sorry all. :(

Thank you for your help!

I see what you mean, but seeing as May 28th was so close to June 1st, there still was some hope that it would be fit in, especially with the talk of more "secret gigs" on the way. I don't know, I just thought I was right in having faith that Mika would stay true to his word.

Yeah, it was the blog, and when he said it too, that threw us off...but in fairness, it was our own hopes for a gig in Dublin that created all the fuss... and that website Eventful is not a direct ticket site, it just tells people what's going on in Dublin - they obviously just copied the info from ticketmaster and stupidly haven't updated it. But any glimmer of hope was all we needed :naughty::huglove:

uk gigs should have been england(london) , scotland , ireland & wales , but instead uk was thrown into the category "EUROPE GIGS" so it make me feel like we were dilibertly left out !

Ireland is not in the UK :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I think sometimes Mika has a lot of awesome ideas, but is just really bad in putting it into action, but in his enthusiasm shares it with the world immediately.

Exactly what I was going to say; he gets ideas, gets excited, and blurts them out before anything's arranged...