What made you happy today?

keti

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, I'm all over the place with this, but...

I was at a major piano warehouse w/ my friend today, she's buying a upright piano, and I was playing the one she wants to buy, then the owner of the company. who also works in the music biz. pulled my arm, grabbed me a seat and said for me to sit in front of this AMAZING Steinway & sons grand piano.

I said "This is just too much for me, I only play a couple of songs, It's not worth it..." And he said: "Oh, you're wrong. I heard you, you have something. " I said: "Wow, thank you so much.. Though I'm really just an apprentice...:blink: And then I played for half an hour, close to a whole hour, and I just felt like this was what I should be doing. forever. Dunno it it was the magnifient sound, my friend's dad had to say to me to play it lower because my friend couldn't hear herself haha xD

The owner told me how it's a 120 THOUSAND EUROS piano, and it's going to be used by a professional portuguese pianist next month in a gig, and they sent that piano there to be tuned and arranged before it gets to the artist.

It just felt so right and amazing to play that huge open boxed piano, it was impossible to not play it loud...

It was such a surreal afternoon:wub2:

I was at a major piano warehouse w/ my friend today, she's buying a upright piano, and I was playing the one she wants to buy, then the owner of the company. who also works in the music biz. pulled my arm, grabbed me a seat and said for me to sit in front of this AMAZING Steinway & sons grand piano.

I said "This is just too much for me, I only play a couple of songs, It's not worth it..." And he said: "Oh, you're wrong. I heard you, you have something. " I said: "Wow, thank you so much.. Though I'm really just an apprentice...:blink: And then I played for half an hour, close to a whole hour, and I just felt like this was what I should be doing. forever. Dunno it it was the magnifient sound, my friend's dad had to say to me to play it lower because my friend couldn't hear herself haha xD

The owner told me how it's a 120 THOUSAND EUROS piano, and it's going to be used by a professional portuguese pianist next month in a gig, and they sent that piano there to be tuned and arranged before it gets to the artist.

It just felt so right and amazing to play that huge open boxed piano, it was impossible to not play it loud...

That sounds so fantastic, Carlota! I'm so happy for you!

Today I am happy because we founds some silly videos and pictures of superstar and I from about 5 years ago. :roftl:

WOW! That sounds incredible!

Today, we were at the university, and in the music school they have practice rooms for the music majors. You go into this tiny, sound-proof room with just a piano and a bench, and you can play for however long you want--until someone kicks you out. That's what I did, play as much Mika as I could remember. :naughty:

That sounds so fantastic, Carlota! I'm so happy for you!

Today I am happy because we founds some silly videos and pictures of superstar and I from about 5 years ago. :roftl

Thanks! I already miss that piano and the sound of it!:wub2:

Hahahaha:roftl: You can always always find silly videos of you lot!:naughty:

WOW! That sounds incredible!

Today, we were at the university, and in the music school they have practice rooms for the music majors. You go into this tiny, sound-proof room with just a piano and a bench, and you can play for however long you want--until someone kicks you out. That's what I did, play as much Mika as I could remember. :naughty:

It was:biggrin2:

Wow, that's great! It's even better when you can stay as long as you want and the acoustics are good...

I already played a grand piano in an audition but it was nothing like yesterday's one... That is just the best of the best:wub2:

Gaah I can't stop talking about it:roftl:

I made friends with my 'husband' from musical today...

Long story short, I joined school production and ended up with the part of a wife. Hence I was partnered up with an immature kid for a husband (cos I'm short, haha), and we didn't get on too well due to my lack of tolerance for his machine gun obsession... But I've started afresh, and have decided to try and be friends with this kid, since I'm gonna have to spend the majority of my on-stage time with him. =]

Today was the first day to choose a free subject for the next year at uni. And I did it. Simply today. Spanish!!! :wub2:

I honestly hope I won't regret, though it wasn't a very rash decision. Love this language, started studying on my own some time ago, but put it off. Now I will have to do it. :naughty:

EDIT: Oh, and the sun came out and it's warm. Finally! But now I'm at home, ha...

Edited by Eglė

What made me happy was that my day was actually good for once... Went to the school psychologist and she told me I have great potencial to follow what I want yadda yadda:naughty: It felt good to hear though:roftl:

And went shopping, bought a lot of colourful cardigans, red and blue skinny jeans, and normal jeans that are just like leggings :biggrin2:

Oh and a summer dress. A yellow one with butterflies, hearts and flowers in it..:wub2:

What made me happy was that my day was actually good for once... Went to the school psychologist and she told me I have great potencial to follow what I want yadda yadda:nau ghty: It felt good to hear though:ro ftl:

And went shopping, bought a lot of colourful cardigans, red and blue skinny jeans, and normal jeans that are just like leggings :biggrin2:

Oh and a summer dress. A yellow one with butterflies, hearts and flowers in it..:wub2:

aww I love shopping :biggrin2::wub2:

today is the first day of vacation :D so I don't have to go to school until next monday :kachinga:

aww I love shopping

today is the first day of vacation :D so I don't have to go to school until next monday :kachinga:

Me too... Oh buying things always makes you forget every bad thing:wub2::roftl: I'm really a consumist.:naughty:(If that word exists.)

That's great! Lucky. This is the second week of school since I came back from holidays:naughty:

Oooh, and I'm also happy because...

I'm going to my future school in the UK for a week of trial in 9 days! :yay:

Oh.... I really have a lot to be happy for this week and the next:roftl:

I'm going to get the piano book to Adele and Coldplay... :wub2: My mom's ordering them for me later tonight!:biggrin2::boing:

Oh and avoca, I hope it gets there soon!:huglove: