any new info on the new album?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perez has posted on his site that Mika's album is coming out in the fall. That means it's probably September, and his tour will be used to promote the new songs. I hope so anyway.

I can clearly remember that a couple of weeks ago someone mentioned 28th September as the album release date - I think it appeared on an online music retailer site.:wink2:

I can clearly remember that a couple of weeks ago someone mentioned 28th September as the album release date - I think it appeared on an online music retailer site.:wink2:

No, no, no, no... September 10th - October 6th is the only time in the year that I won't be able to go anywhere or do anything Mika related. I won't even be able to buy the record at that time. Please, not the 28th :tears:

I think the way things are going now, the end of September seems about right. He'll do his tour, sing his songs and get his promoters to do their job. Let's hope they do their job properly.

Mika is doing well on Twitter though. He's got over twelve thousand followers. Apparently the number of followers shot up after the LA gig was talked about.

because he is finished recording doesn't mean the album is finished. there is all kinds of work to do after. greg is probably still working on it for a while after mika leaves. not to mention that cds have to be printed, artwork, marketing, interviews etc.....

i bet there is more work then we all realise! but the good news is, it's coming!!!! :punk:

because he is finished recording doesn't mean the album is finished. there is all kinds of work to do after. greg is probably still working on it for a while after mika leaves. not to mention that cds have to be printed, artwork, marketing, interviews etc.....

i bet there is more work then we all realise! but the good news is, it's coming!!!! :punk:

Yeah, the editing and producing takes a lot more time than the actual recording...just like a movie :wink2:

yeah, you can be happy about waiting, becasue you get to hear new music this week. you dont have to wait until september like the rest of us.

*is jealous*

you know i think i need to get away from MFC becasue i just end up pitying myself again and getting my hopes up about mika playing in new zealand when i know perfectly well that hes never going to.

so yeah i come on here to hear about other people's experiences and talk with people who also love mika but at the end of the day i end up feeling upset and depressed that i'm not going to be able to partake in these experiences in the near future.

so i think maybe it would be easier if i stopped hearing about these things and stopped listening to mika's music and focus more on bands that i get to see sometimes then continue to cling onto hope that is wearing thin.

when LICM first came out, i was like; SWEET! i'm gonna catch this guy as soon as he comes to NZ. hes succesful, hes good, hes doing a world tour, of course he'll come here. all of 2007 went by. in june 2008 i realised i would never get to see LICM live. its coming up a whole year since then and i feel like curling up in a ball and crying 'iits not faiiiir.'

get to hear it this week? huh no! i'm in montreal! 3000 miles away from where he is! if anything, i'll get to listen to it online just like you!

come on! chin up! :punk:

this is as close as we've come from being told we are official!!!!

this is as close as we've come from being told we are official!!!!

I second that!

I don't even have Life in Cartoon Motion yet but as long as I have this site I don't feel like I'm missing out on much- (and I asked a friend to get me LICM for me for my birthday since she can't find the EP she was going to get me)

wow~ better late than never :wink2:

(don't know if you say that in english though haha ^^)

Hey Racinghorse, he never came to NZ?! how strange...! its not soooo expensive to fly from there to Oz, I mean, if you really wanna see him... especially if you book months and months before :) I've never seen him either, even if he came two hours drive from where I lived...I was under age my mum didn't want me to go :mad3:

I hope you'll get to see him =) good luck! :thumb_yello:

youre so right that i had to quote this. Nobody wants an album without the amazing artwork, right?

Guest roelvano

I contacted Universal music and they said that MIKA's second album is realising in the autumn, so that's September hmm?! just like play.com said.

I'm gonna contact Umusic again next week. A month ago he could tell me only something about the release date, maybe it's earlier now or something :D

I hope it's released early Autumn, i.e. first thing in September, and not late Autumn, because as others have pointed out, late Autumn is when all the horrible compilations are released for Christmas and I'd hate for Mika's album to get buried under that pile of uninspired trash :boxed:

What's this about an EP in the meantime though?? Is that official, or just a rumour? Obviously there'll be a lead single release late summer (from the album) but why does everyone seem to think there'll be an EP?? :blink: personally I think an EP might detract from the impact of the second album. Dunno.

I contacted Universal music and they said that MIKA's second album is realising in the autumn, so that's September hmm?! just like play.com said.

I'm gonna contact Umusic again next week. A month ago he could tell me only something about the release date, maybe it's earlier now or something :D

Perez Hilton also said it would be release in the fall. Since he is a personal friend of Mika, i would tend to believe him. He has the inside scoop right from the man himself! :wink2:

I hope it's released early Autumn, i.e. first thing in September, and not late Autumn, because as others have pointed out, late Autumn is when all the horrible compilations are released for Christmas and I'd hate for Mika's album to get buried under that pile of uninspired trash :boxed:

What's this about an EP in the meantime though?? Is that official, or just a rumour? Obviously there'll be a lead single release late summer (from the album) but why does everyone seem to think there'll be an EP?? :blink: personally I think an EP might detract from the impact of the second album. Dunno.

I can't see it being late Autumn really. But I'm sure people would rather have Mika's album for Christmas, rather than all those rubbish compiliations that come out.