Books & Literature. Reading & Sharing Thread.

adda

I just finished 'Storm Front' by Jim Butcher. It's book 1 of the Dresden Files.

it was surprisingly good, I didn't think I'd like itbut it was really quite good. It's a fantasy murder mystery. The main character is a wizard who works with the police to help solve crimes. It's written REALLY well and I like a lot of the ideas and 'rules to magic' and all that jazz. I recommend it :thumb_yello:

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Angela Carter's is worth buying...not just reading...:thumb_yello:

I went to the book store the other day in hopes of buying her but they said whatever I wanted had to be ordered online. I would have done that but in the store they already had A Clockwork Orange which I had been looking for for quite a while so I bought that instead.

I need to get 'Nights At The Circus' back fron the library and 'lose' it then pay for it :naughty:

I went to the book store the other day in hopes of buying her but they said whatever I wanted had to be ordered online. I would have done that but in the store they already had A Clockwork Orange which I had been looking for for quite a while so I bought that instead.

I need to get 'Nights At The Circus' back fron the library and 'lose' it then pay for it :naughty:

I do that too, what a same...:teehee::naughty::mf_rosetinted:

I do that too, what a shame...:teehee::naughty::mf_rosetinted:

Any Angela Carter's is worth buying...not just reading...:thumb_yello:

Yea, I'll probably end up buying a few of her books. I like a lot of quotes in them. :)

Don't know how influenced Mika was by that book, but I read a lot of things that reminded me of him/his songs/things he says.

I finished reading it, by the way :punk::naughty:

Some books from my room that I have bought and have either a)not attempted to read yet or b)not finished reading.

IMG_0329.jpg

But right now I'm working on "Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs". :thumb_yello:

:aah:

Hehe, I have a pile like that in my room . . . and a whole bookshelf too. :naughty:

Hehe, I have a pile like that in my room . . . and a whole bookshelf too. :naughty:

I have a whole (small) bookshelf and a massive pile on top of the bookshelf of books I haven't read yet. I keep telling myself that since I own the books I can read them whenever I want and might as well barrow books from friends and the library for now :naughty:

Last time I counted there were over 50 books I hadn't read :teehee:

Go Ask Alice:biggrin2:

I wonder who recommended that to me. :naughty:

I'm reading Breaking Dawn again, since I have nothing else to read:naughty:

Any suggestions:teehee:?

"Under and Alone" by William McQueen

http://www.amazon.com/Under-Alone-Undercover-Infiltrated-Motorcycle/dp/0812969529/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1263868658&sr=8-1-fkmr0

It's a true story about this guy that goes undercover in the Mongols (the rival of the Hells Angels). I randomly bought it one day at the bookstore, and it's probably one of the better books I've read. :thumb_yello:

I wonder who recommended that to me. :naughty:

"Under and Alone" by William McQueen

http://www.amazon.com/Under-Alone-Undercover-Infiltrated-Motorcycle/dp/0812969529/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1263868658&sr=8-1-fkmr0

It's a true story about this guy that goes undercover in the Mongols (the rival of the Hells Angels). I randomly bought it one day at the bookstore, and it's probably one of the better books I've read. :thumb_yello:

I have no idea:fisch:

That sounds interesting!!

I will see if they have it at my library.

EDIT:

They don't have it but I will put it on hold when I go tomorrow

I need more suggestions:naughty:

But I don't mind reading the Twilight series a million times:wub2:

Edited by foalbaby14

EDIT:

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Wonderful book about book banning and censorship. It's so beautifully written and full of great ideas. Bradbury is the kind of writer who knows how to use words to make you feel the way the character does. Panicked or rushed or relieved :wub2: It's prolly my favourite book.

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Wonderful book about book banning and censorship. It's so beautifully written and full of great ideas. Bradbury is the kind of writer who knows how to use words to make you feel the way the character does. Panicked or rushed or relieved :wub2: It's prolly my favourite book.

I've already read that:naughty:

It was amazing:wub2:

EDIT:

"The Year of Living Biblically" by A.J. Jacobs

http://www.amazon.com/Year-Without-Made-China-Adventure/dp/0470379200/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263869641&sr=1-1

He lives an entire year of his life trying to follow as many of the rules in the bible as he can. It's a pretty easy read, mainly because he (the author) writes the truth but his humour is great as well...which makes it that much more enjoyable to read. :thumb_yello:

Also, "The Know It All' by the same guy.

http://www.amazon.com/Know-All-Humble-Become-Smartest/dp/B000OV170C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263869773&sr=1-1

In this book he reads the entire Encyclopedia Britannica. Sounds boring but it's so good. :teehee: You'll finish the book knowing a lot more random sh*t than you thought you would. :lmao:

Edited by iadoremika

"The Year of Living Biblically" by A.J. Jacobs

http://www.amazon.com/Year-Without-Made-China-Adventure/dp/0470379200/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263869641&sr=1-1

He lives an entire year of his life trying to follow as many of the rules in the bible as he can. It's a pretty easy read, mainly because he (the author) writes the truth but his humour is great as well...which makes it that much more enjoyable to read. :thumb_yello:

Also, "The Know It All' by the same guy.

http://www.amazon.com/Know-All-Humble-Become-Smartest/dp/B000OV170C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263869773&sr=1-1

In this book he reads the entire Encyclopedia Britannica. Sounds boring but it's so good. :teehee: You'll finish the book knowing a lot more random sh*t than you thought you would. :lmao:

The last one:roftl: I am defiantly going to try that one!

EDIT:

They have it!

I'm going to go to the library tomorrow and get it!

Thanks for the suggestion:wink2: