Books & Literature. Reading & Sharing Thread.

adda

i started reading "The Cat" by George Simenon...it's...interesting... but i don't think i could quote anything special from it. However i have put it aside because i finally found the new novel from Carlos Ruiz Zafon - The Angel's Game.

i really liked this quote (it's not that accurate as i'll translate it)

Happy the one that is barked at by idiots as his soul will never belong to them.

and this one:

...everything's a story. All that we know, all that we remember and even what we dream about. (...) Belief it's an acceptance act, meaning acceptance of what we are told.

i love the book! it's not that great as the first one, "the shadow of the wind"...but this one seems to have an even more dark side. and the way he writes makes me forget about time and literally having to drag myself away from the book.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally finished 'The Lovely Bones' last night. I didn't like it as much as I was hoping but it wasn't a bad book. I think I'm going to like the movie more. We'll see once it's come out.

I don't know what to read next. I've looked at my bookshelf and there are a few books I haven't read but none of them have caught my interest just yet.

What's it about?

A boy who lives in New York. He is a bit of a loner, and he doesn't like people his own age. His mother send him to a therapist. He likes his grandmother better than his own mother, and uhm...

It's a bit hard to explain. I guess it's about lots of things, really.

Edited by Shikutukumimika

Does anyone like Fantasy books - I really recommend the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan .... I just love them so so so much ... I started reading them in 1992 - and the story still hasn't finished - Robert Jordan actually died in 2007 - but the story is being finished by another author with help from the notes and audio files he dictated and with help from his wife - who knew the way he wanted the story to end .... Book 12 came out this year ... I'm waiting for a Library copy of it ... but have awhile to wait as there is a huge wait list on it :aah: They'll be two more books before it finishes :wub2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time

If you love Lord of the Rings ... read it ... in my view it's better .... :wub2:

A boy who lives in New York. He is a bit of a loner, and he doesn't like people his own age. His mother send him to a therapist. He likes his grandmother better than his own mother, and uhm...

It's a bit hard to explain. I guess it's about lots of things, really.

Hmm, maybe I'll read it. :naughty:

Does anyone like Fantasy books - I really recommend the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan .... I just love them so so so much ... I started reading them in 1992 - and the story still hasn't finished - Robert Jordan actually died in 2007 - but the story is being finished by another author with help from the notes and audio files he dictated and with help from his wife - who knew the way he wanted the story to end .... Book 12 came out this year ... I'm waiting for a Library copy of it ... but have awhile to wait as there is a huge wait list on it :aah: They'll be two more books before it finishes :wub2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time

If you love Lord of the Rings ... read it ... in my view it's better .... :wub2:

Hmmmmm. I'll have to give those a try sometime.

Eclipse as in Twilight? Doesn't surprise me. :lol3:

Yeah, that one. :aah: I thought the first one was okay but then after that they got FAR too predictable that I find them boring to read. :huh: I read New Moon in a couple days though...don't ask me how. :lol3:

Yeah, that one. :aah: I thought the first one was okay but then after that they got FAR too predictable that I find them boring to read. :huh: I read New Moon in a couple days though...don't ask me how. :lol3:

Wait until you get to book 4, you'll die:mf_rosetinted:

I'm reading Labyrinth now, by Kate Mosse:mf_rosetinted:

I was so disappointed by that book. When I finished, I was just like "...dumb bitch." :naughty:

She was a dumb bitch. :naughty: I had to do a presentation about it for English class, and my teacher asked how it ended. I said: " She died". Then he asked me how, and I said "she was stupid." I still got an A though. :teehee:

She was a dumb bitch. :naughty: I had to do a presentation about it for English class, and my teacher asked how it ended. I said: " She died". Then he asked me how, and I said "she was stupid." I still got an A though. :teehee:

:lol3:

Touché.

I'm read My sister's Keeper

i've seen the film and bawled my eyes out. i don't think i'll ever be able to read the book.

sheesh...and i wanna be an oncology doctor :doh: