Books & Literature. Reading & Sharing Thread.

adda

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's it about?

If I had them, I will do it for sure, but just have that one. Gotta buy a few more.

Its about a girl who falls in love with a married women older than her.:thumb_yello:

What I like about this author is the travel romance through a poetic atmosphere on the border between reality and a phantasmagoric universe, where every detail makes sense...

From what i've read until now. at least...

After Dark has dialogues and memorable meetings which spring from nothing and bring life to a work of fiction that would be uninteresting without them ...

I'm about to go down and find Sptunik now on my basement..:thumb_yello:

What I like about this author is the travel romance through a poetic atmosphere on the border between reality and a phantasmagoric universe, where every detail makes sense...

From what i've read until now. at least...

After Dark has dialogues and memorable meetings which spring from nothing and bring life to a work of fiction that would be uninteresting without them ...

I'm about to go down and find Sptunik now on my basement..:thumb_yello:

Thats what I like about him too.

Just started to read 'Shopaholic' , still too early on to tell if I like it.

Did you end up enjoying it? I have read all of Kinsella's Shopaholic series and just 'em. I am reading "Remember Me?" which is also by Kinsella and thoroughly enjoying it. It's turning out to be one of my favorites. :thumb_yello:

The last book I read was A Brief History of a Prince. It was..interestsing :naughty:

Featuring a homosexual boy and a heterosexual girl, both in love with a bisexual boy. The main protagonist is the homosexual who aspires to be a ballet dancer, thanks to the influence of a lesbian aunt. The setting is 1970s Wisconsin.

I'm currently reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies :P I heard it was funny and thought it would be hilarious right off the bat, but since I've started reading there's only been a bit of funny moments here and there... Has anyone read it? Not sure how I like it yet.

Did you end up enjoying it? I have read all of Kinsella's Shopaholic series and just 'em. I am reading "Remember Me?" which is also by Kinsella and thoroughly enjoying it. It's turning out to be one of my favorites. :thumb_yello:

I thought the main character was a bit annoying at first and she just never seemed to learn. But it did end well.

I haven't read any of the other books in that series. How are they?

Becky' character could be abit too much at times, I'll def admit. In the end she made the decision to sell all of her belongings to pay off her debts.

I enjoyed the other books...but if you found Becky too annoying to finish the book they may not be for you! I'd recommend something else she's written...like "Remember Me?" or "Undomestic Goddess" because those characters are toned down more IMO. :)

Becky' character could be abit too much at times, I'll def admit. In the end she made the decision to sell all of her belongings to pay off her debts.

I enjoyed the other books...but if you found Becky too annoying to finish the book they may not be for you! I'd recommend something else she's written...like "Remember Me?" or "Undomestic Goddess" because those characters are toned down more IMO. :)

Oh I finished the book. lol, I had to find out what happened. But the begining was a bit rough for me.

I'll have to check out the other books sometime.

I'm currently reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies :P I heard it was funny and thought it would be hilarious right off the bat, but since I've started reading there's only been a bit of funny moments here and there... Has anyone read it? Not sure how I like it yet.

Let me know how it is. I've been thinking about reading it.

Did anyone read Sense and Sensibility or Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen? What did you think of it? And if someone read both, which one did you think was the best?

I want to read one of them after I finish Pride&Prejudice, but I don't know which one. Well, I want to read both, but I don't know which one first. :bleh:

• 3 weeks later...

This morning (at 3 *cough* :mf_rosetinted:) I finished: The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World by A.J. Jacobs.

This man (A.J. Jacobs) reads the entire Encyclopædia Britannica! Sounds boring? Wrong! His style of writing is easy and interesting to read, not to mention the humour he has comes across well (and makes the book that much more enjoyable).

I definitely recommend this book. :thumb_yello:

This morning (at 3 *cough* :mf_rosetinted:) I finished: The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World by A.J. Jacobs.

This man (A.J. Jacobs) reads the entire Encyclopædia Britannica! Sounds boring? Wrong! His style of writing is easy and interesting to read, not to mention the humour he has comes across well (and makes the book that much more enjoyable).

I definitely recommend this book. :thumb_yello:

Sounds interesting!!!! I'll check that out next time :groovy:

I'm reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time and its really interesting. Its about a 15 year old boy who has autism, and his neighbor's dog gets murdered. The book is about him trying to find out who killed the dog, and the book is written by him when he was at school. Its makes you see and think in a new way because they way that he thinks is simple and reasonable. He points out things that I haven't realized before. He has a very special way of thinking.

I do recommend it, its a different book. He's very smart, so he randomly starts to explain math equations and stuff like that. Imagine as if it was written by a very intellectual person, but the ideas he talks about are childish.

:roll1:

Did anyone read Sense and Sensibility or Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen? What did you think of it? And if someone read both, which one did you think was the best?

I want to read one of them after I finish Pride&Prejudice, but I don't know which one. Well, I want to read both, but I don't know which one first. :bleh:

I have read Sense and Sensibility (I actually wrote a paper on it) and I think it's a wonderful book. I haven't read Northanger Abbey, but I am familiar with the book. I'd def say to go with S&S...but that's just me. :)

• 3 months later...
Has anyone read the book 'The Lovely Bones' by Alice Seabold?

I started reading this the other day. It's pretty good so far.

Yeah! Got a recommendation from MFC, haha

It was great! And the movie is coming out..or is out..

The last book I read (got it last Saturday evening and finished Monday morning) was Push by Sapphire. I thought it was really good, it was an easy read and, overall, I would recommend it. But I think going into it my expectations were set way too high because, while it was good, it was not as good as I expected it to be. I am looking forward to seeing the movie! :biggrin2: