Books & Literature. Reading & Sharing Thread.

adda

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought about reading this sometimes, Alice, is it worth the time?

There's a play of this book here in Mexico, I wanna see it!!! The main caracter is played by one of my favorites mexican actors!!

I'm currently reading "sorry if I call you, love" by Federico Moccia, I honestly don't like corny novels, but my best friend lent it to me

There's a play of this book here in Mexico, I wanna see it!!! The main caracter is played by one of my favorites mexican actors!!

I'm currently reading "sorry if I call you, love" by Federico Moccia, I honestly don't like corny novels, but my best friend lent it to me

Moccia : literature=Mika : punctuality :naughty:

Nice to see what people read - gives you a bit more insight into what they are like! :)

Me?

I have several 6' bookshelves full of books, and I live alone, so I guess you could say I'm a bit bookish. I read a little bit of everything, from biographies to social research to classics to non-fiction to sci-fi to who knows what... and Jess Walter and Sherman Alexie are two of my favorite local authors.

Some selected titles, randomly out of the 60 I have listed on my Facebook profile:

Moby-Duck: The True Story of 28,800 Bath Toys Lost at Sea and of the Beachcombers, Oceanographers, Environmentalists, and Fools, Including the Author, Who Went in Search of Them - Donovan Hohn

Open - Andre Agassi

Sock - Penn Jillette

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle - David Wroblewski

The Road - Cormac McCarthy

Pure Drivel - Steve Martin

One Train Later - Andy Summers

I haven't had a lot of time lately to read, but I always have a book in my briefcase for spare moments.

I've just finished Agassi's Open and now I plan to read again Italo Svevo's Zeno's consciousness

Unfortunately I am very fast when it comes to buy books, but I seldom have time to read them right away: the result is that I loose interest in what I've at home and keep buying new stuff. Now I'm trying to buy e-books instead of paper books (no more room left at home...) but my tastes are probably peculiar and it's quite difficult for me to find what I want in electronic format

Moccia : literature=Mika : punctuality :naughty:

although I agree I must admit that I've never read any of Moccia's novels :naughty:

I've just finished Agassi's Open and now I plan to read again Italo Svevo's Zeno's consciousness

Unfortunately I am very fast when it comes to buy books, but I seldom have time to read them right away: the result is that I loose interest in what I've at home and keep buying new stuff. Now I'm trying to buy e-books instead of paper books (no more room left at home...) but my tastes are probably peculiar and it's quite difficult for me to find what I want in electronic format

although I agree I must admit that I've never read any of Moccia's novels :naughty:

The same thing has happened to me, now I try to buy ebooks and read them right away, one at a time, instead of storing them and forgetting about it.

Neither have I, but his style is quite famous in Italy :naughty:

Good to hear. I don't imagine we would list what we've read and disliked without actively saying THIS BOOK STINKS! but you never know, y'know?